Group Park 7

Broxzier

tly90Cm.png

With Group Park 6 (almost) having come to an end, it's time to start the next!

How does it work?

Multiple players extend and improve on a park by taking turns. We use a queue to determine whose turn it is. When joining, you'll be placed at the end of the queue, and have to wait until you reach the front before you may take yours. To not keep the rest waiting too long, there are two time limits. When a player reaches the front of the queue, they have 24 hours to claim the park, and once claimed they have 48 hours to work on it. Once finished they will post the new saved game with a short update log, a screenshot, and the updated queue, where they may add themselves to the end of again. When someone does not claim their turn in time, or went over the 48-hour limit after claiming it, they will be moved to a missed turn list, and the next person in the queue may take their turn. Anyone listed in the missed turn list is allowed to claim the park when it's not claimed already, or move themselves in the front of the current queue so that they may claim the park when the current player has finished. The missed turn list is not a queue, anyone in there has the same priority. First come first serve.

In order to join, make yourself familiar with how it this all works, read the rules, and then leave a comment saying you want to join. You may add yourself to the end of the queue right away, or wait for one of the other players to add you.

Rules / Guidelines

• Not a NSCO park - Custom content is allowed, but keep in mind that there is a limit. Including generic objcts is fine. Custom rides, foothpaths, stall, etc. is all allowed.
  • Be rational - Don't build things that cover a large portion of the map, or build coasters every turn. Look at what the others are building, and try to blend in. When not approved by the other players, your changes may be reverted.
  • Respect - Don't alter anything made by others without having their consent.
  • Hotfixes - Anyone may claim the park when it's not claimed already for hotfixes, but try to keep it claimed for a minimum amount of time. Tag the first person in the queue when finished. Hotfixes do not need to increase the version number, but append something to the end of the filename (e.g. Group Park 7.12-crashfix, or simply Group Park 7.12a).
  • Versioning - Increase the version in the filename by one. The number that needs to increase is the one after the 7. part in the filename (7. is because it's the seventh group park. The part behind the dot is a separate number). The first 10 versions should contain a leading zero.
Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 1
Just now, Wuis said:

Adding to the idea of trains, let's make it so that trains depart in both directions. I'd also like to see a mountain again, I really like the challenge of building on them.

I was just thinking the same thing, have an eastbound and westbound train loop, and mountains would be cool too!

...I'd like to help with the MAP...

A rolling wish list for MAP options we could all follow would be cool for an initial terraform: 

To keep the ideas easy to find, Quote and list. 

• Map Size: 230x230 with (5)tile border easement for a 220x220 Minimum.
  • Map Height 90 Max.
  • Map Depth 15 Max.

Hills, Canyons, Lakes, Rivers, Flat, Cliffs, Slopes...etc  How much of what what, whaaat. 

Attach sketches, pictures or whatever you need so we all know whats up... There are no bad ideas.

Some thing I'd like to see this park:

• Central area, like a square or something, for guests to relax and no rides covering it.
  • Entrance area in a similar fashion
  • Outside park (for simple trees and some scenery - all land is owned, but have a fence made with scenery or something around the park (I prefer this over the low border like in GP6)
  • One large hilly area

What I usually do at the start of a park is painting the paths using the land tool. Not for the entire park, but only for the yet unbuild areas.

Edited by Broxzier
typo
20 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

...I'd like to help with the MAP...

A rolling wish list for MAP options we could all follow would be cool for an initial terraform: 

To keep the ideas easy to find, Quote and list. 

• Map Size: 230x230 with (5)tile border easement for a 220x220 Minimum.
  • Map Height 90 Max.
  • Map Depth 15 Max.

Hills, Canyons, Lakes, Rivers, Flat, Cliffs, Slopes...etc  How much

16 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Some thing I'd like to see this park:

• Central area, like a square or something, for guests to relax and no rides covering it.
  • Outside park (for simple trees and some scenery - all land is owned, but have a fence made with scenery or something around the park (I prefer this over the low border like in GP6)
  • One large hilly area

What I usually do at the start of a park is painting the paths using the land tool. Not for the entire park, but only for the yet unbuild areas.

41 minutes ago, giraty said:

I'm thinking about island map, large enough so the ocean should be no wider than 30 tiles at an point. With railways around the island, gardens, forest.... Might just create the park myself lmao

10 hours ago, imlegos said:

So, you want something like Main Street U.S.A. to go from the park entrance to the center

of what what, whaaat. 

Attach sketches, pictures or whatever you need so we all know whats up... There are no bad ideas.

NOTED: FENCED BORDER WITH NO EASEMENT ---- SpiffyJack

On 9/21/2017 at 10:26, Wuis said:

Adding to the idea of trains, let's make it so that trains depart in both directions. I'd also like to see a mountain again, I really like the challenge of building on them.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:27, saxman1089 said:

I was just thinking the same thing, have an eastbound and westbound train loop, and mountains would be cool too!

17 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I support all these ideas.  Maybe we can have the observation tower be at the center of the park square?