Changed display settings and can't revert

I started OpenRCT2 for the first time and it ran fine. I changed the video setting from "software" to one of the hardware options, and my screen went black with a flashing white box. I had to force the program to close from the taskbar. Now, every time I start OpenRCT2, the black screen and flashing white box appears. I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling both RCT2 and OpenRCT2, but the problem persists. I hear the menu music playing, so the game is starting. Just the video is messed up.

Is there a way to change video settings without opening the game? I am using the Steam version of RCT2: Triple Thrill Pack. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, janisozaur said:

Manually change the renderer in config.ini to "SOFTWARE", or if you delete said file, it will get recreated with default values upon launch.

Where would I find the "config.ini" file? I don't see it in the RCT2 folder within the steam folder. It also didn't come up in a search of that folder.

I also don't know how to post a log.

6 minutes ago, CincyDJ said:

Where would I find the "config.ini" file? I don't see it in the RCT2 folder within the steam folder. It also didn't come up in a search of that folder.

config.ini is created in openrct-data-path, by default it's ~/.config/OpenRCT2

6 minutes ago, CincyDJ said:

I also don't know how to post a log.

Just copy the output and post it on hastebin or some such.

• Like 1