Problem: Can't join multiplayer servers. *SOLVED*
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello.

I tried joining a lot of servers today finding that it just kicks me back to the main menu without message. 

I opened the .com file to launch the game and it says "object not found" when I try to join.

But there are only some servers I can join.

But the next time I try to join they stop working and say "object not found" again.

If you have any help please reply to this post.

Thank you.

openrct2.comoutput.PNG

Edited by Ultimater
Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recognize some of those object names from the expansion packs. Install them if you have them, and you should be able to join the servers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 01:50, Ultimater said:

My computer specifically doesn't have a dvd/cd drive :/

Edit: Why did i make this post?

Edited by Ultimater
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 03:23, Broxzier said:

Then how did you install RCT2?

Use of an RCT2 Disc, A USB Flash Drive, My Computer, and an old laptop.

 

Burning and ripping the disc on the old laptop occured

Once the setup files were on the drive, I installed.

Same with wacky worlds.

I don't have time twister.

-sorry for messy writing

 

edit: if you dont understand you just need to go to the files of the disc, copy them to a usb flash, and install using the usb. I cant play it because theres no disc drive

this is where openrct2 comes in

it makes the game playable without a disc

Edited by Ultimater
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you don't have time twister installed, you will not be able to play on servers that use objects from TT.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good news i just bought time twister online

now i need to find my flash drive i lost :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

update from 2 days ago: i found my flash drive its a matter of waiting

 

good news i got tt now and installed it it works now.

 

PROBLEM CLOSED

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ultimater said:

You need to install the 2 expansion packs: Wacky Worlds and Time Twister.

You can buy these online at places like Amazon, Walmart, aand more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will never distribute any of the original RCT2 content for free. It is copyrighted material which means that we do not have the rights to copy it. If you want want to join any server that uses content from Wacky Worlds or Time Twister, you'll need to buy those expansion packs with real money.

If that wasn't an answer to your question, please rephrase it so I can understand it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 08:05, jensj12 said:

We will never distribute any of the original RCT2 content for free. It is copyrighted material which means that we do not have the rights to copy it. If you want want to join any server that uses content from Wacky Worlds or Time Twister, you'll need to buy those expansion packs with real money.

If that wasn't an answer to your question, please rephrase it so I can understand it.

I understand that, using paid material, modifying it, and giving it off for free is not allowed. But needing to buy the game first makes it legal I belive.

Edited by Ultimater
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 18:01, Ultimater said:

...

Besides, I did buy time twister with real money, off of amazon.

Edited by Ultimater
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

----------

Look.

I already solved this problem and it has been solved since July 21.

If you have a problem, please open it on GitHub or in Problems, Bugs, and Feedback. (GitHub is mainly used for unintentional glitches and bugs).

----------

Edited by Ultimater
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reply was deleted by Ultimater.

Edited by Ultimater
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ultimater said:

Are you talking to me or Nick?

I was talking to Nick.

Next to the quote button, there's an edit button to edit your post. No need to keep an incorrect sentence in your post (and quote it to make it extra visisble) or to quadruple-post.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2017 at 03:56, jensj12 said:

I was talking to Nick.

Next to the quote button, there's an edit button to edit your post. No need to keep an incorrect sentence in your post (and quote it to make it extra visisble) or to quadruple-post.

Ok. I edited about everything that was here (exept for most older replies).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 09:42, Ultimater said:

Use of an RCT2 Disc, A USB Flash Drive, My Computer, and an old laptop.

 

Burning and ripping the disc on the old laptop occured

Once the setup files were on the drive, I installed.

Same with wacky worlds.

I don't have time twister.

-sorry for messy writing

 

edit: if you dont understand you just need to go to the files of the disc, copy them to a usb flash, and install using the usb. I cant play it because theres no disc drive

this is where openrct2 comes in

it makes the game playable without a disc

Let me give you A BETTER explanation of what happened.

 

So as I did, I had 2 computers (one of which (computer 2) has a cd drive)

I put in the disc on computer 2 and as well as a usb flash drive.

Then I copied all of the files from the installer disc onto the usb flash drive.

Then I put the flash drive in computer 1 and installed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the help. As for this, I have requested a lock. Thanks!

This thread may not be locked. If it isnt, I will no longer reply to it.

Edited by Ultimater
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ultimater said:

Why has nobody locked this yet?

We don't really lock topics except if they're really 'problem'-topics. Other users might have the same problem and can still comment on your thread to keep it alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1