Adding RCT1 directory

I recently tried adding my RCT1 directory to OpenRCT 2 (in the options menu) but I think I selected the wrong directory, as I have the drexler patch installed for RCT1. I selected the Hasbro Interactive folder instead of the GOG/RCTDeluxe folder. Anyways, it told me I need to restart in order for the changes to take effect, so I did, and now whenever I try to open the game, the window just closes immediately after. Not sure what to do as I can't seem to find an uninstall for ORCT and downgrading to the stable build doesn't seem to work either.

If you hold shift and rightclick anywhere in windows explorer while having that folder open, you should see the option "Open command prompt window here", or if you've installed the Windows 10 Creative Suit update, it's "Open Powershell Window here". Then simply type in "openrct2.com", and it should try to run the game. The game now exits while starting up, because it most likely can't find a specific file, and this will probably be printed to the command prompt (or powershell) window.

• Like 1

It seems to load only a few of the RCT1 scenarios before it quits, there should be many more. Try removing or renaming the config.ini file inside the OpenRCT2 folder, to run the game with the default settings, and no path to RCT1. It may be that the RCT1 files are causing this to happen.

• Like 1