Group Park 6

Broxzier

3 hours ago, saxman1089 said:

I'd love to jump in on this. I'm new on the forum and to OpenRCT2, but I've played for years.

EDIT: I should also say I've been reading this and the other group park threads, and I'm familiar with the rules.

If the park is not claimed at the moment, CLAIM it and got to town.. you have 48 hours once you claim.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SpiffyJack said:

If the park is not claimed at the moment, CLAIM it and got to town.. you have 48 hours once you claim.

Claimed!! Latest version is 6.56, correct? 

Claimed: saxman1089
Queue: Wuis
Missed: RedScope53, Cascadia, WobblyRails, Tune, Jochem, Monsanto, SpiffyJack, imlegos, qbbq, Przemek, jensj12, TheMightyClem, giraty, Broxzier

Edited by saxman1089
  • Like 1

Well that was fun. I'm amazed at the work done by all of you on this park.

I had a lot of time to work on it today (that's why I'm done after only having the park for 14 hours or so), and here's what I came up with:

• Added a jungle-themed bobsled coaster called "Viper"
  • Added a jungle-themed simulator in front of Viper
  • Added jungle-themed scenery in the vicinity (made it dense to look like a real jungle, but didn't disable clearance checks at all)
  • Did some terraforming for the path leading up to Scream

Let me know if anyone wants to see any changes. I'm not fantastic at building bobsleds, but I didn't see one in the park already and thought it would be a good addition.

Claimed: -
Queue: @Wuis, saxman1089
Missed: RedScope53, Cascadia, WobblyRails, Tune, Jochem, Monsanto, SpiffyJack, imlegos, qbbq, Przemek, jensj12, TheMightyClem, giraty, Broxzier

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6 2017-08-12 11-19-31.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6 2017-08-12 11-19-38.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6 2017-08-12 15-21-00.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6.57.sv6

• Like 5

It's a good looking bobsled coaster, that's for sure.. I usually don't make them because they're hard to execute and you executed it very well! :D 

Only flaw I can see is that the sections between block brakes get longer which makes guests waiting during the ride. (So the lift hill is shorter than the section between the lift hill and the next block brakes and the section after these block brakes is even longer.) It also doesn't help that trains leaving the station have to wait on the train on the lift hill to dispatch, so that when nothing is waiting on anything else anymore, the process repeats itself. I think it'll be able to be adjusted to settings that no train has to wait. (E.G. less trains, increased time trains have to wait in the station, more block brake sections, faster/slower lift hill, making the brakes slow down less, adding chainlifts after brake sections so trains regain their speed faster). 

It's only a minor thing though that i guess is more realistic ( I can't recall riding a coaster where I had to wait because another train hadn't left the next block brake yet) But yeah, that's me being blunt. :P

EDIT: I'm not claiming it, because @TheMightyClem was planning to claim it I think, so I'll just wait for a bit and update on that though later on.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, cascadia said:

@saxman1089  I like your station building! :D

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Wuis said:

It's a good looking bobsled coaster, that's for sure.. I usually don't make them because they're hard to execute and you executed it very well! :D 

Only flaw I can see is that the sections between block brakes get longer which makes guests waiting during the ride. (So the lift hill is shorter than the section between the lift hill and the next block brakes and the section after these block brakes is even longer.) It also doesn't help that trains leaving the station have to wait on the train on the lift hill to dispatch, so that when nothing is waiting on anything else anymore, the process repeats itself. I think it'll be able to be adjusted to settings that no train has to wait. (E.G. less trains, increased time trains have to wait in the station, more block brake sections, faster/slower lift hill, making the brakes slow down less, adding chainlifts after brake sections so trains regain their speed faster). 

It's only a minor thing though that i guess is more realistic ( I can't recall riding a coaster where I had to wait because another train hadn't left the next block brake yet) But yeah, that's me being blunt. :P

EDIT: I'm not claiming it, because @TheMightyClem was planning to claim it I think, so I'll just wait for a bit and update on that though later on.

What you said it totally understandable. I had a different version of the coaster originally, and it worked much better from a "flow" standpoint. But I ended up having issues with cars flying off the tracks when they were fully loaded (as opposed to the test conditions with empty cars where the design was fine), and I had to redesign a large portion of the end, which made the last block section longer.  I think one less train would definitely do the trick here; I'll check it out on my next turn and try to improve the flow.

• Like 2

All I did was start construction on my little terrace thing. (Many more things to do on that so please no touchie)

Side note: The dual path around the terrace near scream is trapping guests. Not really sure what to do about it though. I cleared it out for now but it might happen again.

Claimed:
Queue: @Wuis, saxman1089,TheMightyClem
Missed: RedScope53, Cascadia, WobblyRails, Tune, Jochem, Monsanto, SpiffyJack, imlegos, qbbq, Przemek, jensj12, giraty, Broxzier

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6.58.sv6

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, TheMightyClem said:

All I did was start construction on my little terrace thing. (Many more things to do on that so please no touchie)

Side note: The dual path around the terrace near scream is trapping guests. Not really sure what to do about it though. I cleared it out for now but it might happen again.

Claimed:
Missed: RedScope53, Cascadia, WobblyRails, Tune, Jochem, Monsanto, SpiffyJack, imlegos, qbbq, Przemek, jensj12, giraty, Broxzier

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6.58.sv6

It looks like all the guests are trying to get to the top spin (because its opened), but they can't get there because there are no paths yet. Whoever claims next should close the rides and stalls on the terrace, so that the guests stop trying to get there. There will probably be uber vandalism on that path too that will need to be fixed. 

I like the look of the terrace though, looking forward to seeing what it will look like when done! =)

• Like 1
Just now, saxman1089 said:

It looks like all the guests are trying to get to the top spin (because its opened), but they can't get there because there are no paths yet. Whoever claims next should close the rides and stalls on the terrace, so that the guests stop trying to get there. There will probably be uber vandalism on that path too that will need to be fixed. 

I like the look of the terrace though, looking forward to seeing what it will look like when done! =)

It was happening before I started building rides but that makes sense. It's certainly not helping. lol Good detective work.

• Like 1

Ive build a simple rollercoaster (from saved design), and topspin1 in forgotten location. This place definitely needs a care from others. Added some scenery and italian-spain themeing for a rollercoaster station. Also check my small place with a fountain and benches to rest :D

Claimed:

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6.59.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6 2017-08-15 11-30-34.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6 2017-08-15 11-29-12.png

Edited by Przemek
  • Like 4

Claimed: -
Queue@Wuis, saxman1089,TheMightyClem, Przemek, jensj12
Missed: RedScope53, Cascadia, WobblyRails, Tune, Jochem, Monsanto, SpiffyJack, imlegos, qbbq, giraty, Broxzier

Fixed an issue with 'Into Space!' where it got stuck after a safety cut-out. I've added a fallback mechanism that works after any number of safety cut-outs (the first one I tried only worked the first time due block brakes). Force a safety cut-out shortly after a train is over the top of the lifthill and see.

599348645ef37_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-08-1521-08-37.thumb.png.d0030dff4076699aff203f981d83fbed.png

I've added a couple of attractions to the facility that also contains Into Space! and added a ton of scenery around it.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6.60.sv6

• Like 3