Custom directory for scenery

Hey guys,

I was wondering, is it possible in RCT to create a folder of scenery consisting of self-selected scenery?
Often I have the greatest intentions of creating a park wich I can be proud of, but it has to be perfect. Therefore, I often create the rides in different parks, wich I am playing at that specific moment. I do save the rides with the scenery used building the ride. Problem then is: when I want to put all these amazing rides together in one park there are always some rides including a couple of scenery items wich are not present in the park I have in mind.  So then I have the options of building the whole scenery structure again or creating a new map.

Not to mention that the problem only grows with using some cool custom scenery.

I am aware of the current game limitations, but I hope someone knows a way of solution.
Easiest for me would be if I could select my favourite items and put them all together in let's say  'folder X'
Then, if I finish creating a wonderful new map, I would just select folder X and have my favourite items instantly, without the hassle of selecting every item every time I create a new map.

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

You can create a custom scenery group. However, I believe there's a limit on the number of items in a scenery group (though I'm not convinced that limit could not be removed - I think it's tied to the UI code rather than the save format). Putting every scenery object you use for a park in a single custom group is therefore unlikely to work. You could, however, have several groups - a group for roofs, a group for landscaping, one for supports, etc.

If you want to use the same selection of scenery every time you start a new park, I would just create a blank map with that scenery selected and use that as your starting point.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Raaaaaaay said:

Problem then is: when I want to put all these amazing rides together in one park there are always some rides including a couple of scenery items wich are not present in the park I have in mind.  So then I have the options of building the whole scenery structure again or creating a new map.

In case you're talking about the inability to select a different objects rather than having hit the limit already, I just want to make sure you are aware of the object selection tool under the debug button in the top toolbar.

14 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

You can create a custom scenery group. However, I believe there's a limit on the number of items in a scenery group (though I'm not convinced that limit could not be removed - I think it's tied to the UI code rather than the save format).

Scenery groups have a limit too, which is embedded in the object file. This limit was originally 128, but has been raised to 256 a while ago, which seems to work even fine in vanilla.

• Like 1