Openrct2MP

Hello my in game name is Keithybub

Im here to talk about the openrct2 MP Issues right now

Lets face it MP is dead unless the Openrct2 team finds a way to  cleanup the game from trollers or just genreal assholes another thing is the player base there is hardley anyone ever online anymore thats another big issue right now We also need more features to prevent trolling/Greifing Come on Openrct2 devs stop being damn lazy and pls start working more on your damn game and lets all agree to play mp more than we do bc soon MP will die if we dont thanks for reading this Thanks

Edited by Broxzier
Title was messed after merging two topics
1 hour ago, Keithybub said:

Lets face it MP is dead unless the Openrct2 team finds a way to  cleanup the game from trollers or just genreal assholes

There's already quite a bit done on this. Server operators can set permissions for users to do specific things and few now allow people to build without prior approval. This seems to have cut down on the trolling - at least, I've not noticed any on the NE server where I've spent the most time. There isn't anything that can be done to prevent those with malicious intent from connecting to servers entirely, as unfortunately most clients aren't RFC 3514 compliant.

1 hour ago, Keithybub said:

Come on Openrct2 devs stop being damn lazy and pls start working more on your damn game

Looking at the Github history, the OpenRCT2 devs are committing almost every day. That's a lot more than I've done and I suspect it's probably more than you've done as well, so I don't know on what grounds you accuse them of being "lazy". If you want something implemented, you're free to submit a PR yourself.

• Like 3

Hello there, Keithybub!

First of all, I want to welcome you to the OpenRCT2 forums. It's a pleasure to have you. ^_^

Now back to topic, you seem to be having problems with the multiplayer experience. While there's a full understanding from me, I don't think this is an easy thing to be done. Imagine yourself to be someone who doesn't have much money at all ( at least for these purposes ) and just free time to work on the project, that'd be taking forever while the rest of project stays stagnant, that'd be a huge blow for other people who just like the features it give to enhance the gameplay. You can also see this in games of big companies who have many high skilled programmers and what not to keep people from hacking but yet some people still manage to do so. May I also ask what you enjoy about the public multiplayer so much, and why you have not considered going in a private group with some people you met online or in real life?

Furthermore I'd like to add that calling the developers lazy is not a desired term, if not very inappropriate. I get the anger this problem might cause, but the developers are not the ones at fault here. Besides, calling out someone who is helping you, or in this situation, developing the game, will never cause them to actually work harder and could even cause havoc.

Thanks for your suggestion, and we know that it's going on, but currently it's not a priority as it's something that is almost unavoidable.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, imlegos said:

Turns out, this guy impersonated BlindiRL, and admited it in his Twitch chat... Not part of the solution, part of the problem.

Yup, and already reported to the group's server in which he did that to. Should be banned from this forum for lying about something and bringing down the devs who work on this project in my opinion.

Come on Openrct2 devs stop being damn lazy and pls start working more on your damn game

Oh, this is preposterous! How did you get the fucking nerve to call us lazy? We put months of our spare time into a game that we provide for you to use for free, and we haven't been paid a single penny. You haven't contributed a single bloody thing and yet you still think you can talk to us like that? Did you know you can fix stuff yourself and open a pull request? That's what open source is about: helping to create a better game, not whining that someone else should fix it. We have hundreds of people helping us out, whether that's in code, documentation, bug reports or even just general discussion. You have done nothing. And here is a thing: you don't have to. We don't mind if people can't contribute. The only thing we expect is to be treated like people. For you, even that appears to be impossible.

• Like 7

And for furtue a suggestion i have is to have people make an openrct2 account user and password so people cant use other peoples names how you do that is make something so it wont let you use the same username someone has already made on the site and make people complete  a secuity question

37 minutes ago, Keithybub said:

And i trashed the server to prove a point

Wait, you rant about people ruining others work and insult the developers, then you log onto a server and trash it? What point were you trying to prove? That you're exactly the type of person you're complaining about?

32 minutes ago, Keithybub said:

so people cant use other peoples names how you do that is make something so it wont let you use the same username someone has already made on the site

This is already the case. You have a keypair generated for you. The server admin can configure permissions based on your key and your username is tied to that. Once you've been assigned to a group, another user can't log on with your name. If you try to log on with a username that's already in use, you'll be renamed. This will persist even if you're not currently connected to that server (try to log onto the NE server as X7123M3-256 and you'll see what I mean).

You can read more about the authentication system here.

• Like 4