Custom Scenario Rating Requirement

Hello,

I'm fairly new to this game and loving it - thanks to all the developers!

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a custom scenario without the requirement that your park must not drop below 700 at any time. I never specify this restriction, but it always seems to add itself in when I select my custom scenario from the list. Is it just built-in? Is there any way to create a big park with no restrictions?

Thanks,

Ben

Hello, and welcome to the site!

To answer your question, you can simply do this by going into the editor for creating scenarios. Once you've selected all land/tiles and done what is needed to get to the fifth stage, the scenario 'saver' if you will, you can change the goal depending on what you've selected. 

If you are curious, the chain goes like this, or at least by how i recognize and use it each day.

Stage 1: Object Selection - All objects you want in the scenario

Stage 2: Land Editing and Scenery - Editing land and adding scenery for the scenario

Stage 3: Inventory Options - Where objects selected, roller coasters, thrill, food, etc comes inventorized later in the game.

Stage 4: Scenario Options - Changing what each guest can come in with, as well as many more options to make your scenario easier or harder.

Stage 5: Scenario Saver - Naming the scenario, picking goal, and saving the scenario.

You'll have to use both stage 4 and 5 I believe to change the scenario's goal (You must have OpenRCT2, which I assume you do). It's really simple to do so.I believe you can also change the goal in game.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, and I'd love to see you begin giving us quality work! I hope I've helped!

• Like 3

Thanks - that was the issue! I'm curious also whether it's possible to include a requirement like "have X guests by year X." I've seen some custom scenarios with such a requirement, but maybe they're using developments that don't come with the basic download I have.

1 hour ago, Benjamind said:

Thanks - that was the issue! I'm curious also whether it's possible to include a requirement like "have X guests by year X." I've seen some custom scenarios with such a requirement, but maybe they're using developments that don't come with the basic download I have.

The current legacy RCT2 file format doesn't allow for any objectives besides the ones you can already select in RCT2, but once we have the new file format, we'll be able to make custom objectives. 

That'll be a neat topic. I miss the one of the old options in rct1 that allowed you to pick the length, rating and that business on your goal. Say, 'have x coaster length with a rating of 8.0'

I could be wrong, as I've not played rct1 in years, but that would be a nice feature. As well as other custom objectives yet to be seen.

7 hours ago, BlazingEmpireHD said:

That'll be a neat topic. I miss the one of the old options in rct1 that allowed you to pick the length, rating and that business on your goal. Say, 'have x coaster length with a rating of 8.0'

I could be wrong, as I've not played rct1 in years, but that would be a nice feature. As well as other custom objectives yet to be seen.

Agreed, and as I remember you could set the length and the rating independently.