Fox Studios Resort China

FSR

Hello and welcome to Fox Studios Resort China!

I am currently in the process of building a new resort to my other Fox Studios Resort collections (these are located in Hollywood, CA, Jacksonville, FL, London, UK, and Yokohama, Japan). This new resort will be built in Guangzhou, China. I want to make it a great resort, but I would like to make this project a project that I will build with more other RCT players. Therefore, I want to ask who would be interested to be part of this project? Please, if you are interested send me a message.

General Information of the resort

This will be the fifth Fox Studios Resort in the world. It will be located in the southern part of Guangzhou, in the district of Panyu, next to Qingsheng Station, making it possible and easy for tourists and people in the area of Guangzhou to visit the resort. In the first phase of the masterplan the following is included: Fox Studios World China (the main theme park based on 20th Century Fox and other studios' movies), reconstructed Qingsheng Railroad Station (connecting the resort with Guangzhou and the wider area by express train and metro (completed), Century City (the entertainment district, including dining, shopping and entertainment establishments (almost completed), and two hotels (one deluxe hotel, themed as a hotel from L.A. in the 1920s (Hollywood Hotel) and a value hotel (no theme yet).

5900f462d87f0_2017-04-2521-56-36.thumb.png.2d255aa316165bd390c2c6df8d461df3.png

An overview of Century City

5900f3fce1477_2017-04-2521-57-06.thumb.png.5e33ab2f0c09fe2ad63cb4ebf6515dce.png

The entrance plaza

5900f402166dc_2017-04-2521-57-26.thumb.png.2371b637047b42ce987127e3de8d7ef8.png

The parking booths

5900f40659cea_2017-04-2521-57-37.thumb.png.07f22a88715e6cb1f744555d837195e1.png

Qingsheng Railroad Station

I am currently still in the scenario editing mode. I am planning to finish all the points (except the theme park) of the masterplan phase 1 in this mode as well and then start with Fox Studios World China. I hope people are interested to work together with me on the project and to hear from you!

• Like 4

Nice introduction!... 

I'm seeing a lot of custom scenery. Are you going to put a cap on items designed into the park? What are the ride restrictions? how much land are we talking about here? What does the entire map look like? 

Make sure what you post doesn't conflict with ORCT2 rules... 

Other than than that, lets see what you got.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since my last post, but I made some progress on the premium deluxe hotel of the resort: the Hollywood Hotel. It is designed in a Spanish Colonial style and will feature a beach pool. It is still work in progress, but I will show a sneak peek of the hotel. 

59108e6645a64_HollywoodHotelScreenshot.jpg.a04e7243d3f2713bf608e87dc4181ced.jpg

I think I will finish the hotel pretty soon. Then I will also start on the second hotel. This will fall into the value category. I do not have a theme yet, so if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments!

• Like 2
On 5/8/2017 at 08:32, FSR said:

It has been a while since my last post, but I made some progress on the premium deluxe hotel of the resort: the Hollywood Hotel. It is designed in a Spanish Colonial style and will feature a beach pool. It is still work in progress, but I will show a sneak peek of the hotel. 

59108e6645a64_HollywoodHotelScreenshot.jpg.a04e7243d3f2713bf608e87dc4181ced.jpg

I think I will finish the hotel pretty soon. Then I will also start on the second hotel. This will fall into the value category. I do not have a theme yet, so if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments!

Cool man... where did you get those small palms? Looks on point! 

19 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

Cool man... where did you get those small palms? Looks on point! 

Thanks. The most custom scenery is from parks I downloaded. The hotel is almost done and I will try to upload more pictures of the hotel asap.

Hello everyone,

Here is an update of the practically finished Hollywood Hotel. This hotel will be the premium deluxe hotel on property and it is located near the park's entrance plaza. 

Here are some of the first pictures of the hotel:

5915c48f1d040_HollywoodHotelPlaza.thumb.jpg.82b1cc5f21e29e508f90a728076fc943.jpg

The entry plaza of the Hollywood Hotel 

5915c4e05dcbb_HollywoodHotelPoolSide.thumb.jpg.2bebaeea959e0f99cb2be29ed3301adf.jpg

The poolside of the hotel, which has a beach theme

5915c4ef68a1a_HollywoodHotelRestaurant.thumb.jpg.544392dec025d85c6540f36a06efad0b.jpg

The restaurant and convention center of the Hollywood Hotel.

5915c50011e3c_HollywoodHotelPool.jpg.cfc8c39624ebb6c199cb76b7208b6983.jpg

The pool bar and a jacuzzi. 

Edited by FSR
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Construction goes full ahead at Fox Studios Resort China. While the Hollywood Hotel is mostly finished, the construction crews are mostly replaced to a new construction site for the family hotel, the Fox Animation Hotel.

In the first phase of the construction of the hotel five buildings will be constructed. There will be a lobby building, two hotel towers themed after Ice Age, and two hotel towers themed after Rio. If the resort will be a success and demand will exceed the rooms offered at the hotel, more towers will be built in phase 2.

5925374980dde_FoxAnimationHotelsneakpeek.jpg.2d7446ffcd1a239beba1fe006083b4ce.jpg

One of the two Ice Age themed towers at the Fox Animation Hotel 

The exterior of the hotels are not wildly themed, as the construction budget of the hotel is lower than the construction budget of the Hollywood Hotel. However, the rooms inside are themed (not extensively) to Ice Age. The same goes for the Rio themed buildings. The exterior of the Ice Age Towers are built in a motel style. Furthermore, it consists of elevators (seen on the right side of picture), walkways to the rooms, and a staircase (in the middle of the picture).

Construction is going full ahead and more updates on the hotel will follow soon! Moreover, I will provide more general information of Fox Studios Resort China soon as well!

• Like 1

Hello everybody! This is a new update from Fox Studios World China, where construction on the Fox Animation Hotel has just finished. The hotel consists of five buildings: the lobby building, two hotel towers themed after Ice Age and two hotel towers themed after Rio. The hotel is designed for the families and its fares will be in the lower ranges. Therefore it is a budget and family friendly hotel and catered for the Chinese middle class.  So let's take a look at this hotel.

592dbaa10d4c5_FoxAnimationHotelLobbyBuilding.thumb.jpg.c88e7965f6f89c8f857db85ee39387d5.jpg

This is the lobby building of the hotel. Guests will enter here to check in and also the main facilities, like the food court and arcade can be found here.

592dbae795b3b_FoxAnimationHotelIceAgeBuilding.thumb.jpg.fae48d1ca21356f89cb16a7f3186481a.jpg

This is one of the two Ice Age themed towers. The theming on the exterior is light, due to the lower construction budget for the hotel. Moreover, the towers are designed in a motel-style.

592dbb7c90e1f_FoxAnimationHotelPoolandRioBuilding.thumb.jpg.b75a8e84e4194fa35cb903e693957d95.jpg

The Rio building and the a look at the large pool. The Rio building is not designed in a motel-style, since the exterior has balconies with views on the pool and hotel courtyard.

592dbcf340ddb_FoxAnimationHotelRioBuilding.thumb.jpg.a14f92fa7cf778092af49940c4ed8e94.jpg

The Rio buildings and the Ice Age buildings have family friendly and family styled rooms. Most rooms do not accommodate more than four persons, due to Chinese demographics. However, there are some family suites in the hotel. 

592dc2b70941f_FoxAnimationHotelOverview.jpg.d9903d0afd24e92948ac2394e5323276.jpg

An overview of the Fox Animation Hotel. The large pool is still under construction, because some slides will be added.

With construction on the hotel completed, the next phase of construction can almost start: building the main theme park of the resort: Fox Studios World China! 

If you have any comments on the resort so far or questions regarding the resort, please ask them! I will try to come with a new update soon.

• Like 2

Hello everyone. Today I want to give an update about the master plan for Fox Studios Resort China. It will be a lot of text and less pictures, but this will be an interesting post for those who are interested in the background of the resort.

Fox Studios Resort China is located in the metropolitan area of Guangzhou. Guangzhou is located in the South Eastern part of China and is one of the largest cities of the country. This specific area has been chosen to avoid competition of Shanghai Disneyland and Universal Studios Beijing. However, the area is known for a particularly high amount of theme park competitors (e.g. Chimelong Paradise, Chimelong Ocean Kingdom, Hong Kong Disneyland, Ocean Park, and OCT Happy Valley Shenzhen to name a few). Despite this competition, the FSR Group has decided to construct the park in Guangzhou since it thinks it has enough competitive advantage over its competitors.

This competitive advantage is derived from its eventual size. The resort will hold two hotels, an entertainment district, transportation center and a theme park when phase one is concluded. That is larger than the current resorts in the area. Moreover, due to its technologically advanced rides it is assumed that the resort can attract lots of visitors. More than it could when it would be located next to Shanghai Disneyland (too strong competitor) or Universal Studios Beijing (too similar competitor). 

The Pearl River Delta (the region in which Guangzhou is located) offers various other advantages for Fox Studios Resort China as well. It is one of the most populous regions in the world, estimating to have around 40 million inhabitants. Moreover, it has a good infrastructure of airports and railways connecting the region with the rest of China. 

The master plan of the resort is divided into two phases (I and II). Phase I will include the construction of the Hollywood Hotel (premium deluxe hotel) and the Fox Animation Hotel (family friendly hotel). Besides these hotels, the resort will also feature Century City with dining, shopping and entertainment options. Qingsheng Station is redesigned to accommodate a larger crowd and connects the resort to Guangzhou by rail and metro, and to Shenzhen and Hong Kong by rail. Moreover a bus terminal is built for tour busses and busses that will connect the resort to hotels and airports in the region. 

Last, but not least, the prime attraction of the resort: Fox Studios World China. This will be one of the most technologically advanced theme parks in the FSR Group portfolio. It will consist of several 'lands' and rides. These are the following:

Hollywood Plaza: the entry plaza to the theme park, themed as 1920s Hollywood.

Back Lot: a reconstruction of a real studio lot. The land will have two brand new attractions, nowhere to be found in any other FSR Group park. These are Pacific Rim: The Ride and The Martian: The Escape.

New York: streets themed after New York. This part of the park will be home to Night at the Museum, which will be a dark ride through a living museum. 

The Shire of Lord of the Rings: Fox Studios World China will get its own land of The Shire. This is different than most other Fox Studios World parks, which have a 'Middle Earth' section instead of 'The Shire' section. The choice to do this is based on the fact that the Hobbit franchise was very popular in China. Therefore first the Shire will be built and possibly later an expansion with the Middle Earth sections will come. The land will have several FSR favourites, like The Hobbit's Journey rollercoaster and the fan favourite from Fox' World of Adventure London 'The Tales of The Shire'.

London Landing: a recreation of London and its docks. Here people can experience 'Titanic: The Story', an amazing dark ride through the journey of the Titanic.

Ice Age Play Land: an Ice Age themed land, designed especially for the little ones. The major attraction here will be Ice Age Adventure, a dark ride through the world of Ice Age. Additionally, there will be more kiddie rides here.

This is the lay-out for the first phase of the park. In the descriptions above only the major rides are named and additional, smaller rides will be available too from opening day. 

Stay tuned for more updates of Fox Studios Resort China!
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! A short update from Guangzhou today. The construction on Fox Studios World has started and I can share a little sneak peek of Hollywood Plaza.

594ad9a6d46b3_HollywoodPlazaSneakPeek.jpg.1bafe796263f44f89a4c914bc212cb77.jpg

You can see the entrance with the turnstiles and the plaza behind it. Moreover, the "Box Office" building is visible. This will be the information building for the park. The building is not entirely done yet, but work on Hollywood Plaza is progressing fast. 

More updates on Hollywood Plaza will follow soon!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! It has been quite a while since I posted an update.  I have been quite busy, but I can post a new update today of the entrance plaza of the Fox Studios World China theme park: Hollywood Plaza.

595e98869d4a3_HollywoodPlaza1.jpg.3abb9fc217f6af240393301437efa988.jpg

In the picture above you can see the building that will be home to the largest store of the park: The Fox Store (currently the building's name is Box Office, but that will change). In this store you can find every souvenir and it will sell souvenirs that can only be found in Fox Studios World China.

595e9999c8f00_HollywoodPlaza2.jpg.5fe68490f81f5b3eaff31c64838f7c6e.jpg

The Box Office building (current plaque on the building will change). The Box Office building hosts the information center of the park. You can find the park maps in multiple languages here, while you can also reserve tables at the restaurants of the park. Moreover, an ATM and First Aid post can be found here. The backstage area can be seen as well on this picture, with an entrance for employees and characters on the center bottom of the picture.

595e9a4c7dccd_HollywoodPlaza3.thumb.png.5d4f22b63e135df2fbbbce5e3b369bb4.png

An overview of Hollywood Plaza. The turnstiles and gate mark the entrance of the park, while the Fox Store and the Box Office Building are the first buildings (and last) that guests will see when they enter and leave the park. In the top right part of the picture you can see the first attraction of the park: Pacific Rim - The Ride. 

595e9af480e19_HollywoodPlaza4.jpg.95e3e53e79cec47ca25e7da7bad9bc7e.jpg

The show building of Pacific Rim - The Ride, which is still under construction. The attraction will be an simulator type ride, that brings you right into the action of the fights. You will board a Chinese Jaeger that will fight for the world's existence against Kaiju. 

I would love to put a Jaeger at the entrance, but I can't find a robot like unit for RCT2 unfortunately. Any suggestions for the entrance would be great (please leave them in the comment)!

The entrance plaza will be extended with another attraction (The Martian - The Escape) and a restaurant. 

I will be working on that and the backstage areas. It takes pretty much time (which I actually not really have), so another update might take a while, but I will do my best to post one asap.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

A small update today from the design lab of FSR Design from California. While construction is moving ahead in China, designers in California are working on their designs for all the rides that are going to be placed in Fox Studios World China. Today I can share with you the design that is made for The Martian - The Escape. This truly unique ride is specially designed for the new Chinese park.

596b58c3ada38_TheMartian-TheEscapeDesign.thumb.jpg.57c3e263f9255b788a55564dbc902a36.jpg

Ride design of The Martian - The Ride

The rides starts with a dark ride part which leads into the brakes that will almost stops the vehicles from moving. Then, a LIM launch catapults the cars into ride. There the riders will try to escape Mars and connect safely onto the space station. The ride has a top speed of 78 km/h (48 mp/h) and has a total of 14 drops. 

I will post an update of the progress in the park as soon as possible!

• Like 1

A small update from the Fox Studios World China again. The major quick service restaurant of Hollywood Plaza is finished. This will restaurant will be called "Star Cafetaria" and can be found in more Fox Studios World parks over the world.

596e37e4680f4_StarCafetaria.jpg.dfe20175d32d809c62e32f64eb01f637.jpg

The restaurant is located next to Pacific Rim - The Ride, The Martian - The Escape and the Fox Store. The restaurant will offer Chinese food options, including Beef Noodles and Wonton Soup.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

There has been some progress made at Fox Studios World China. Let's see what!

597f044cb4639_StarCafetariaTheMartian.jpg.edbd6f1e3b49968e01c091afc3440653.jpg

This picture shows the most important progress that has been made on Hollywood Plaza. On the top of the picture you can see the facade for The Martian - The Escape. The attraction will be built within a show building, that will be themed after a studio sound stage (studio 15). The entrance to the attraction has a futuristic look and it is surrounded by red dirt, making it a martian-like landscape. You can see that the ride building is not yet under construction. Furthermore, the picture shows the entrance to Ice Age Play Land. Adjacent to The Martian - The Escape entrance building, icy caverns will form the entrance into this land. The main restaurant of Hollywood Plaza, the Star Cafetaria, is also entirely completed. It is one of the centerpieces of Hollywood Plaza and will be perfect spot to have lunch or dinner at Hollywood Plaza. 

597f066d7e342_HollywoodPlaza6.jpg.2e1ab133f69579f1292153c9ee039174.jpg

This picture gives a better look of how Hollywood Plaza will look like when it is entirely finished. It is the view from when you will enter the park. On the lower left side, the Pacific Rim - The Ride show building is visible, while you can see the Fox Store on the lower right side. The Star Cafetaria is in the center of the picture and on the upper left side the first building from the London Landing section of the park is visible. This will be "Queen's Corner" restaurant. It will be themed after a pub in London and you will be able to get some fish and Chips here, as well as other Asian food. 

597f076759c6f_HollywoodPlaza5.thumb.jpg.216476eecb6e6d992999d068950b3cae.jpg

This picture shows the way when you will leave the park. The back side of the Star Cafetaria as well as the Fox Store are visible. Also you can see the backstage areas behind Pacific Rim - The Ride and the Box Office building. Although most of the construction on this part of the park is completed, it is not entirely finished yet. You can expect to see more foliage and food and souvenir stands. These will be added later in the process of the construction of the park however. 

Construction on the other parts of the park is in progress and updates will follow!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone. It has been awhile since I have posted an update about Fox Studios World China. I have been quite busy, but today I can provide a new update for the park. Let's look at the progress made on one of the lands of the parks: London Landing.

59be951732741_London1.thumb.jpg.82c34ae5006282bc46bed7bf8b385417.jpg

This is the first picture of "London Landing". This area of the park will host two attractions: Titanic - The Story and Kingsman, two restaurants: The Queen's Corner and À la Carte Restaurant, and two shops: Titanic Antiques and Huntsman. One can actually divide the area into two subareas, the one which is focused on the Kingsman attraction and the other which is focused on the Titanic attraction. On the picture we see the Kingsman attraction and its giftshop, Huntsman, at the left side of the picture. At the most left side, you can see "The Queen's Corner", the quick service restaurant of the area. On the right side you can see the entrance of Titanic - The Story. It is themed after the harbor from where the Titanic set sail. One can see the bridge, from where guest could enter the Titanic. In the middle of the picture, you can see the luxurious table restaurant, À la Carte Restaurant. This restaurant is a replica of the À la Carte Restaurant from the actual Titanic.

59be99acebb2d_London2.thumb.jpg.2b503b03b40a8234ec1449bda62aab28.jpg

This second pictures gives a better look of the Kingsman attraction entrance (the white building in the middle). It is a replica of the actual Kingsman headquarters in London. Moreover, you can see the actual landing. More theming will be added. It will most likely be used as a spot to watch the evening show. At the most left of the picture, you can also see the entrance into Ice Age Playland.

I will try to post a new update as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

I have been working a little on another part of Fox Studios World China, namely New York. This area will be home to the dark ride "Night at the Museum", a family attraction where the entire museum will come to live. Besides this attraction, a theater will be built in this area as well. This theater will host shows during the day. Moreover, FSR Design is currently thinking of an additional experience at this area, since there is space left. I cannot provide any details of this experience so far.

I can, however, give you a teaser picture of the progress on the New York area so far.

59c285cbc71d5_NewYorkTeaser.jpg.ced5326fbae0eb8ee262b266bf327d4c.jpg

In this picture you see "Big Apple Confectionery", where you can find all kinds of sweets and snacks. 

Stay tuned for more updates from Fox Studios World China! And if you have a suggestion for an attraction that could fit in this area (preferably based on a (20th Century Fox) movie which is set in New York), please let me know in the comments section! 

• Like 1

Everything is looking nice so far, but I have three comments that might help. First, I think many of your screens look good in an overall sense, but are lacking some small details. Flower boxes here and there, benches, trash cans, etc. Right now, everything looks so clean to me that its distracting. Second, many of your buildings are very square or rectangular, which really brings attention to the grid-like structure of RCT2. Try adding some awnings here and there, or little patches of trees/shrubs near buildings, to try to make them look less rectangular. Third, in your Hollywood area, there is a TON of grey. Try switching up the colors of either the sidewalks or the roads. Even varying shades of grey can help with this.  Adding awnings/shrubbery/benches/etc. might also help with this.

@imlegos, I agree. This should be in the "Build Logs" section. Can someone move it there?

• Like 1

Hi Saxman1089! Thanks for your comments.

I agree with you about the details (like benches, etc.). I prefer to add these at the end though, so don't worry, they will come. You're also true about the grey in the Hollywood Area. I will try to fix that as well, although I have a hard time working with the small color panel we got in RCT2 in order to find right colors. I will take your comments in mind in adding and changing things in the park.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Another update today! Firstly, I have been working on the facades at the New York area of the park, and the facades are done. This means that the next phase (as well as in some other areas) will be placing the attractions. And, some of the park's highlight attractions have been physically placed! The ride track of The Martian - The Escape, the Kingsman attraction, and Titanic - The Story have been placed and the next phase will be to construct the remaining of the show buildings for these attractions. I am also glad to be able to show you a picture of the most dramatic scene from Titanic - The Story: the sinking scene. It's one of the few scenes that this attraction has to offer.

59d3904be5f8a_Titanic-TheStoryTeaser.jpg.865bf92860963bcf63a7d712ec7a6523.jpg

I will try to place more attractions now,  as well as the restaurants and shops in the park. Updates about this progress will follow!

• Like 1

Hello!

Another update from Fox Studios Resort China. Today I want to show the progress that is made on the E-ticket dark ride at Fox Studios World China: Night at the Museum. Night at the Museum is a ride that brings you right in the middle of the American Museum of Natural History in which all the exhibitions are alive. The ride uses new trackless technology, which makes the rider one with its surrounding. 

59dd0452adac8_NightattheMuseumTeaser.jpg.baf1b202b8ed43124aa6342543ef6868.jpg

On this picture you can see two famous exhibitions from the movie: Rexy the T-Rex and the talking Easter Islands Heads. The carriages seem to float through the room. This makes the experience more interesting for the riders. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I uploaded a new update about Fox Studios Resort China. Progress has been steady and I can share some exciting news in this update. First, let's take a look at some of the pictures taken in the park.

5a033177f11d1_IceAgeLand-SidsCoaster.thumb.jpg.3cb7c172180e4374e8cd72a8d98993af.jpg

Today I can show you the first pictures of the junior rollercoaster at Ice Age Land: Sid's Crazy Logs. This junior rollercoaster is bought off the shelf, but highly themed to fit within the theme of Ice Age. On the top of the picture the meet and greet area for Manny, the lovable mammoth from Ice Age, is visible. It will be an interactive animatronic which will provide an immersive and interactive experience to the guests. Sid and Diego may be spotted here in the future as well. To the right, the Melting Caverns are visible. This is the indoor part of Ice Age Land. This building is filled with kid friendly attractions and even an ice skating ring. 

5a0332ca37747_BackstageAreasOffices.thumb.jpg.37f0dd07bb83d304428f16dfaed26520.jpg5a0332d1df596_BackstageAreasParking.thumb.jpg.022cad325cba0e4eaa8169124b702d20.jpg

These second pictures show the backstage area, where the employees of the park will work, have a break or park their cars. The parking garage seen in the second picture is the employee parking garage. The buildings with the blue ceilings are the office buildings and employee break rooms, training facility, and cafeteria. This area is connected by busses with the Qingsheng Railway Station, so that employees commuting by public transport can easily go to the backstage area.

Lastly, as promised in the beginning of this post, some exciting news will be given in this post. I can namely tell you all the opening date of Fox Studios World China. The park will open for guests on Friday 24 November. Prior to that, a press event will be held, which will also be covered here. Stay tuned for more updates and the press event!

• Like 2