Auto Raise / Lower Land while building

Is there a way to automatically raise or lower the land when building rides?? Still to this day, I've found it frustrating that when I'm building rides I have to stop, open another tool, and lower / raise the land that's needed. Surely this is something that has been or can be implemented?

Thanks,

jaemie

With respect to automatically raising land, it sounds to me like what you're interested in is enabling the "Disable Support Limits" cheat in OpenRCT2.

Under the "Controls and interface" options turn on the Cheats toolbar button.

After this, click (and hold) on the golden Shovel button that appears next to the Disk and Game options and you can enable this cheat.  When the cheat is on you can build your rides as high above the ground as you like.

With respect to automatic lowering land, how shall the game know the different between when you want to lower land vs build the ride underground?

Edited by zaxcav
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, zaxcav said:

With respect to automatic lowering land, how shall the game know the different between when you want to lower land vs build the ride underground?

That can be based on the base height of the track block to be build. Comparing the average for track blocks that take up multiple tiles is a safe option. When the average ground level is higher than the average track block height, raise all land, lower otherwise.

• Like 2

Sorry I should have been more clear.

Yes, whilst building paths, or rides, when above ground and wanting to go below ground (and when below ground wanting to go back above ground) it would be handy to automatically adjust the ground level so you don't need to go swapping tools all the time.

Hope that makes more sense

above.PNG

below.PNG

• Like 1