Playing on Mac?

Hi

I'm trying to play ORCT2 on my Mac. I downloaded RCT2 Triple Pack from Gog.com and installed via CrossOver. I pointed the dialog asking for my RCT2 files to the folder that CrossOver installed it but I'm getting an error saying "Could not find Data/g1.dat at this path". The folder containing RCT2 contains just the executable, an uninstaller, and a documents folder which contains the readme and manual. How do I find Data/g1.dat? Is this a CrossOver problem? Any Mac users care to share how they are able to play? Thank so you much!

You need the game files from after the installation. What you have now sounds like just the file to install it. I don't know much about Macs, so if you have a Windows computer, install it there and copy the files over to your Mac. If not, there's probably a way to run the Windows installer on a Mac anyway. Some developers that have experience with Macs can be found in the gitter chat.

• Like 1

Hey,

the easiest way for Mac Users is to use the zipped Demo. Installing with the GOG or Steam Files is much more difficult and complicated.

You can download the Demo here (take the ZIP Version):

https://openrct2.org/download-demo

Unzip the Files in a Folder of your choice and point to that folder, when Open RCT 2 asks.

Have fun with the game.

Fireball2k 

Edited by Fireball2k
7 hours ago, Fireball2k said:

Hey,

the easiest way for Mac Users is to use the zipped Demo. Installing with the GOG or Steam Files is much more difficult and complicated.

You can download the Demo here (take the ZIP Version):

https://openrct2.org/download-demo

Unzip the Files in a Folder of your choice and point to that folder, when Open RCT 2 asks.

Have fun with the game.

Fireball2k 

The zipped demo isn't the full game, through.

3 hours ago, cascadia said:

The zipped demo isn't the full game, through.

IIRC, that demo does contain all the assets (though I've not been through the whole list to check).  It's time limited, but that won't apply if you use it with OpenRCT2. The demo linked on the Github page is missing objects, but I think that's a different demo.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

IIRC, that demo does contain all the assets (though I've not been through the whole list to check).  It's time limited, but that won't apply if you use it with OpenRCT2. The demo linked on the Github page is missing objects, but I think that's a different demo.

Ah.  Always thought they were the same demo.

On 21.2.2017 at 22:34, X7123M3-256 said:

Maybe because they thought, that providing a free demo with all assets AND oRCT2 (which bypasses the CD protection and eliminates the time) would be very close to a illegal crack.

RCT2 is abandonware, but the assets are still protected. Using a demo in combination with oRCT2 seems like a gray-zone :> Maybe this is why the provided demo is incomplete.

But luckly im not the one, whos head get chopped off :P

*irony off*

3 minutes ago, imlegos said:

I woulden't really say it's abandonware, since Classic sorta brings it back to the frontlines.

Then, its just a cracked software :D

But how would you otherwise get those assets for a OS, that is not able to run the software.

Edited by Foxy