Arid Heights - openRCT2 & Nolimits 2

Foxy

Im going to try something really really stupid and insane ....

a synchronized design in openRCT2 & Nolimits 2

20170219200116_1.thumb.jpg.9bf954a762b94fd7896e56f6b13c6f19.jpg

The textures are 1024 in Nolimits2 and all objects uses up to 2 different LODs, because this will be a lot of objects. The path will be one exception. This will be a single mesh layout.

But i really need a better sand texture. It looks somehow wrong, if i use those dunes.

What do you think? should i try to create a more grainy-texture? (I can always go back to this one.)

BTW: Creating a Park in Nolimits 2 take a lot more time than in RCT2. A Fully functional park (like the "micro park" scenario") could take one year in realife to design in Nolimits2.

Dont expect huge leaps of progress here.

I will only add new parts in RCT2, when i have finished the same section in Nolimits2.

What can you expect of the finished project?

• a high resolution version of an actual RCT2 park (RCT1 scenario).
  • POV's of the Rollercoasters and other rides (in Nolimits 2).
  • 3D reconstructions of many rides/shops
  • a playable savegame in RCT2.
  • access to the created 3D models (even without buying Nolimits 2). (the Dev of this software hates me anyway, so why should i help him getting more sales :P )

This project could fail, so please dont be mad at me, if this happens... Even foxes have daytime jobs :>

To showcase the amount of time to you:

This small section took me 5 hours to create (without counting the entrance). Creating scripts for the objects, shader-core code, measurements, ...

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

This sounds interesting.

now everything is a bit clearer.

(and sorry because of the intense discussion earlier) :>

have started with the info shop, but i dont think i can finish it today.  Its nearly 10:30pm here.

The info-shop will provide you with actual park-maps. But unlike the RCT2-Version, you will have a limited amount of money in RCT2.

The Park-Map system is very easy in case of the RCT2 version, because RCT already uses a grid :D

• Like 1
11 hours ago, YoloSweggLord said:

I feel like there's a story behind that, and I want to hear it...

Long story short:

i just asked to many questions and found to many bugs. (that why i dont report software bugs anymore). Even the devs of oRCT would block me after 1 week.

I have the unusual talent, to find every exploit/bug/... just by using a software. the more complex a game is, the more easy it is to find exploits.

After ~7 emails with bug-reports, the dev said i should just shut the fuck up :D He asked, he received, and then he got triggered xD

moral of this story for the oRCT-devs: Be carefull what you wish for :>

But because the source for this software here is open, the amount of bugs is lower then in other programs and games.

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, YoloSweggLord said:

Sounds like a really bad software developer. If there are that many bugs with his software, he should be willing to accept feedback.

No. He is really good, but the software is extremely complex. Maybe he just had a bad day at the time. If the software would be bad, i woudn't use it. (Just wait till the first rollercoasters and rides are finished) ;)

BTW: Im half way through the first shop. "Info-Desk"

20170221074858_1.thumb.jpg.4c28fd81767a820f02810d059914cd75.jpg20170221074914_1.thumb.jpg.17cd5630e09ea8363cbf1117be3b6f8d.jpg

@Broxzier

Question: Am i allowed to publish it with the openRCT2 Logo?

This will be shown, whenever a Nolimits 2 user buys a park-map. It will look like this ingame:

material_3.jpg.e42e2bcfa8444bbc87a9c472585d9356.jpg

Green is placeholder for the finished RCT2 screenshot, which will be used as a map in Nolimits 2 (cunning idea, am i right ;))

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, imlegos said:

Meh, I'd say the RCT1 logo would make more sense, since Arid Heights is from RCT1

But its more difficult, to ask chris sawyer if i could use it, then Broxier :>

It also makes use of objects from RCT2 and booster segments for rollercoasters (that only exists in oRCT2).

10 minutes ago, RCGames said:

Never heard of someone translating any RCT park into No limits, this'll be an interesting thread....

probably because RCT2 dosnt fit to their "high standards". But it may turn around, when this project is finished.

On 20-2-2017 at 09:37, Foxy said:

Even the devs of oRCT would block me after 1 week.

As long as you're using the template and checking for duplicates, there's no way we'll be blocking you. Having someone QA features is always welcome. If you could do this for new features before they are being merged into the code, that would actually help find new bugs early on.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Broxzier said:

As long as you're using the template and checking for duplicates, there's no way we'll be blocking you. Having someone QA features is always welcome. If you could do this for new features before they are being merged into the code, that would actually help find new bugs early on.

i could only help with the logic, but not with the syntax.

maybe i'll check the github page, when i have some more time. Right now i try to sell some extra designs for youtuber to earn a few euros more, so i can spend more time for Nolimits 2 and RCT.

Thats my circle of life :D

• Like 1