Riddle me this...

i guess, it only saves tracks, that are connected to the main stations.

Why do a wooden coaster need additional catwalks anyway? :D It already has built-in catwalks :>

But its still an interesting questions, in case someone builds an RMC with corkscrews and things.

Edited by Foxy

When saving, the game iterates forward over all track pieces to make sure pieces are only saved once (now I think of it, it may hang if the track contains a loop). That indeed does skip side-tracks. As a rule of thumb, don't save coasters that aren't just straightforward track pieces.

(To save shuttle coasters, it first iterates backwards without saving until it reaches an end, or is back at the beginning)

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Foxy said:

i guess, it only saves tracks, that are connected to the main stations.

Why do a wooden coaster need additional catwalks anyway? :D It already has built-in catwalks :>

But its still an interesting questions, in case someone builds an RMC with corkscrews and things.

I was using the track as a design element, but then it became 'how to' question. What first grabbed my attention was when saving the track, the extra track automatically acted like it was going to save vs. staying grayed out as not to be part of the track.

Edited by SpiffyJack

@SpiffyJack

I have tried to merge the track... bad idea. Dont try this, if you havn't saved your park.

The idea behind this was, to create a switch, that connects backwards to the main track (so that the car wont change the track. As you see, the game crashed as i attamped to save the layout). I guess, track merging and saveing is not a good idea in general. Or maybe i shouldn't have merged the additional tracksection backwards at both ends... Maybe there is some sort of exploit, maybe there isn't. It needs to be tested a bit further :)

Zwischenablage02.thumb.jpg.33cfcb845b822031931fed1a6b8cdc0a.jpg

at least, the game found something different... :D

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Foxy said:

@SpiffyJack

I have tried to merge the track... bad idea. Dont try this, if you havn't saved your park.

The idea behind this was, to create a switch, that connects backwards to the main track (so that the car wont change the track. As you see, the game crashed as i attamped to save the layout). I guess, track merging and saveing is not a good idea in general. Or maybe i shouldn't have merged the additional tracksection backwards at both ends... Maybe there is some sort of exploit, maybe there isn't. It needs to be tested a bit further :)

Zwischenablage02.thumb.jpg.33cfcb845b822031931fed1a6b8cdc0a.jpg

at least, the game found something different... :D

You should report this to GitHub, so the developers can fix all of this. 

• Like 1

@Foxy Yes that has happened to me as well... always pushing the limits. It makes sense why it crashes, yet I too havn't been able to figure it out.

@cascadia as far reporting to GitHub: I have maybe 50 dump files that I never reported for one reason or another. My question is this. "Does it matter if I explain what was happening, or the commands I was using to include with my report? Basically with most of my dump files I don't remember the circumstances any more and am I to assume the dump file provides the specifics necessary to maybe solve a problem on it own?

I do know that most of my dump files involve the TI and clearance limits, track merging and landscape manipulations.   

@cascadia 

when it was an unexpected crash, i would do that. But in this case, i more or less forced an exception in the software. I knew from the beginning, that something bad would happen. To fix this, the devs would have to redo the "detector" for the rails. Strange is just, that you actually can select the rollercoaster by clicking on a not connected rail.

An idea to make it work would be to use the coaster ID and find all parts all over the map with the same ID.

But this might also need a new type of save-file as well. <-(and this is the reason, why i dont send this dump, because its very likely, that a new save-file would fix this problem as well.)