Trains... Lots of trains

SpiffyJack

2 hours ago, Broxzier said:

With clearance checks disabled, you can make it look like there are switches on the track, without empty parts. Just make sure to test the ride first, to make sure the trains are traveling on the right tracks.

@Broxzier I Hadn't even thought of that, thanks.  I need to start using and experimenting more with modified clearances and some of the other work-a-rounds. I've always been the type to keep my works close to vanilla with content and number bending, mostly because I'll pass many of my maps off to who ever want them to play on with no hidden tricks. On a side note, my TI has been crashing me a lot lately, frustrating.

Looks like this map will be different :D

Edited by SpiffyJack

Tricks performed with clearance disabled will be just the same in vanilla RCT2, the 8cars trainer had a setting for it as well. To keep things vanilla-compatible, place everything you want to hide on an element at the top, as vanilla will hide everything after a corrupt element on a tile.

13 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

On a side note, my TI has been crashing me a lot lately, frustrating.

Then please file an issue on Github with as much information as possible, so it can be debugged.

3 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Tricks performed with clearance disabled will be just the same in vanilla RCT2, the 8cars trainer had a setting for it as well. To keep things vanilla-compatible, place everything you want to hide on an element at the top, as vanilla will hide everything after a corrupt element on a tile.

Then please file an issue on Github with as much information as possible, so it can be debugged.

10-4 and thanks again

15 minutes ago, Foxy said:

that looks nearly as chaotic as the depot-area of the cologne main railroad station :D

I like it xD

train depot - cologne

sadly, RCT2 dosnt have any turntables :>

Thanks Foxy.

@Foxy I am familiar with cologne. This is (1) of 5 main hubs on this map. when i'm done it will look very different from current state. Also I'm trying to develop an actual 'switch track piece' that will halt trains and switch tracks... with no tricks... So far that has been a challenge. But from what I've researched in the code, it is possible. 

Edited by SpiffyJack
50 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

It won't as long as there isn't 2 of the same track piece in the same position.

Yes, and this applies to both building forward and backwards.

The conditions under which a vehicle decides to switch to a different track are:

• At least one starting* track element on the expected tile
  • This element needs to have the expected base height and rotation (otherwise nothing will be found at all, and the vehicle will crash)
  • The element found needs to be from the same ride (ride ID must match)
  • The track element to switch to has the same base height (rotation does not matter here)
  • The track element to switch to needs to be a starting track element
  • The track element to switch to needs to be ordered on the tile before the connecting track element

With starting track element I mean the first tile of a track block the vehicle will go over. When traveling forward this will be the beginning of the track block, and when traveling backwards it will be the end.

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 2