Stoping Guests From Complaining In Line

Guests can be a bother at times. Try making your queue lines shorter on those rides they complain about. You can also check and see the number of vehicles on the ride (if applicable) and increase that if possible (within safety reasons if you decide using cheats to increase the number, unless you have the cheat for no crashes enabled). Certain flat rides have the option to change the number of rotations, and in the case of go-karts, change the number of laps.

• Like 1

I'd say a queue line should be long enough to fill two trains. A queue line that can't accomodate a full train of passengers will lead to the ride running under capacity, and you want it a bit longer to absorb variations in the rate at which guests arrive. But anything longer than that is pointless - once you have the ride running at full capacity, all a longer queue is going to do is make guests complain.

Of course this goes mostly for scenario mode - in a sandbox park you would generally build whatever would be a typical length for that queue IRL.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 2

Longer waiting times/queues:

• Guests complain
  • 'Store' many guests
  • More guests ride while it's raining

Shorter waiting times/queues:

• Happy guests
  • More favs for that ride
  • (if too short) More not-fully loaded trains

I don't know any other ways to make guests complain less in queues. Shorter queues, tv's and entertainers seems to be the only option.

Edited by jensj12
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, X7123M3-256 said:

I'd say a queue line should be long enough to fill two trains. A queue line that can't accomodate a full train of passengers will lead to the ride running under capacity, and you want it a bit longer to absorb variations in the rate at which guests arrive. But anything longer than that is pointless - once you have the ride running at full capacity, all a longer queue is going to do is make guests complain.

Of course this goes mostly for scenario mode - in a sandbox park you would generally build whatever would be a typical length for that queue IRL.

1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

Longer waiting times/queues:

• Guests complain
  • 'Store' many guests
  • More guests ride while it's raining

Shorter waiting times/queues:

• Happy guests
  • More favs for that ride
  • (if too short) More not-fully loaded trains

I don't know any other ways to make guests complain less in queues. Shorter queues, tv's and entertainers seems to be the only option.

Typically in my queues, I use an 80 percent of total ride capacity ratio up to 100 peeps per ride. (11-12 queue blocks per 80 peeps) All rides exceeding 100 peeps I use a 100 percent queue length. This is because if the ride is a top favorite, you get many exiting return peeps that immediately refill the queue again. Some peeps will not be immediate returns if queue line had a long wait the first time they entered and the queue line needs to handle the returning surges of peeps as well as the new peeps that you don't not want to discourage because the queue was full.... Also I use the monitors and run my long queue lines through a feature of the ride so they can watch. One other scenario that seems to work lately is when a queue line runs adjacent to (lets say a splash tank or a rides picture area) the peeps seem to dig it. Just my opinion.  

• Like 1