Can't make use of elevated entrace/exit

With tile inspector now I can lower/raise entrace and exit of ride. The problem is the game doesn't recognize it. As the picture say, no ride banner so the game does not recognize the queue path as a queue to a ride so the guest can't ride it. Ver 0.0.6

Scrath Park 2017-02-04 00-51-08.png

Edited by giraty
18 minutes ago, imlegos said:

I honestly have no idea why you would even use this anyway. I can get turning the buildings (Heck, I've even done it recently), but why would you want to raise and lower them?

Agree @imlegos .... perhaps to see more platform action and entry/exits block some of it? idk... If thats the case, maybe consider the option - No Entry/Exits? 

Also..Rotating the buildings can be extremely useful 

Edited by SpiffyJack

Please stop discussing the usefulness of it. The problem is that is doesn't work.

Putting vehicles in different locations works just fine (and guests sometimes walk a long way to get there, even through buildings and terrain). I've never seen entrance huts decoupled from their station, so I have no idea if it could work.

1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

I've never seen entrance huts decoupled from their station, so I have no idea if it could work.

It definitely can work. It was done several times in my park "Gravity Gorge". Both the SCAD tower and skycoaster have entrance huts disconnected from the station and on a different level.

It was done on the skycoaster because I wanted guests to wait outside the ride area and then walk to the loading platform when it's their turn to ride. The station platform is elevated (so guests don't hit the ground when swinging) but the entrance is built at ground level at the edge of the ride. Peeps walk from their to the spot directly underneath the train, then board the train.

The SCAD tower does a similar thing because the entrance platform is actually at the bottom. This was because I needed the guests to board the ride on a vertical track section, but I really did not want to use a shoestring because they are a pain to make work. Instead I added an invisible leading car, and put it far enough ahead that the visible car is sitting at the top of the tower while the other is at the bottom. This also allowed me to have the guests brake on a vertical section of track - the actual brakes are level, but the invisible car hits them before the visible part of the train is off the drop.

Here's a picture of the park with corrupt elements removed so you can see where the entrance/exits sit in relation to the station platforms:

5894e9250aca3_RedditMarchCompoRound12017-02-0320-25-34.thumb.png.7fb3910a5082d31ffc4aeee70697a78e.png

This could not be done in the tile inspector alone, and for the same reason OP stated - paths would not connect with the moved entrances (I still don't know why this is). My solution was to edit the path elements to make them connect (this still can't be done in the tile inspector even after the additional functionality was added). There is actually an easier way to get disconnected entrances - introduced to me by otsdarva - that can be done with ZC and corrupt elements alone. However, it will not work in block sectioned mode and ended up mucking with the functionality of the skycoaster, so these were both done the awkward and hacky way.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, giraty said:

I'm not a proper realistic builder so why not having a 32 racing coasters....

@X7123M3-256 O.o Wow such a beauty.

How do you do it or where can I read the otsdarva's way?

The approach that was originally suggested to me by otsdarva was:

• First build your layout. Build the station platform but no entrance or exit
  • Then build a new ride with the station postioned where you want, and merge it onto the layout
  • When the train reaches the station platform of the other ride, it will stop there as normal, but the passengers will be accepted from it's own station. However, because it is not on it's own track, block sections will not work.
  • You may delete the additional track, but do this in the tile inspector, otherwise the entrance/exit buildings are removed as well. You may choose instead to just make it invisible, because if you ever have occasion to close the ride you will need it again.

The approach I took:

• Build the layout. This time, it has to be completed and opened, so you'll have to place entrances adjacent to the station to do that, but you can then delete them
  • Build a new ride with the station positioned where you want. This is only needed to get the entrance/exit buildings on the map and you can delete it as soon as that's done (I was unable to place an entrance/exit on the map without doing this, even using hacks, because the game automatically deletes entrances that are not adjacent to the station platform).
  • Now you need to change the ride IDs so that the entrance/exit buildings you built belong to the actual ride and not the dummy station platform. To do this, I made note of the X/Y coordinates of the target elements in the tile inspector, and wrote a script to make the changes (the best place to put this is in /src/interface/console.c, so you can run it from the in game console). You will also need to update the queue paths with the new ride in a similar way.
  • If done correctly the ride should now function with the moved entrances. If done incorrectly you may get weird bugs - at one point, the SCAD tower could fit 50 people in it's single tile queue (I don't remember if I ever fixed that).
33 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I think you can achieve it with the tile inspector too, when you build the paths at the same height first, then lower them.

If you only want them at a different elevation, maybe - I didn't try that. If you want them on a totally different tile I don't think you can, but I'd like to be proven wrong, as the approach I took is rather fiddly.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

If you only want them at a different elevation, maybe - I didn't try that. If you want them on a totally different tile I don't think you can, but I'd like to be proven wrong, as the approach I took is rather fiddly.

Perhaps if you copy the entrance, place it somewhere else, then remove the original, I think it might work - at least in RCT2. I haven't tried it though.

1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

Perhaps if you copy the entrance, place it somewhere else, then remove the original, I think it might work - at least in RCT2. I haven't tried it though.

Just tested it, it works perfectly. I forgot there was a copy and paste feature now. Only thing I'd add is that you have to copy the queue tiles as well, as they are also associated to the ride and if you build new queue with the path tool it does not register as connected to the entrance. Otherwise, it works exactly as the method given above does but is an awful lot quicker, so the post I made above is obsolete. You don't even need to build a dummy platform with this method.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 2