Group Park 5

Broxzier

5 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

@SpiffyJack If you have time now, you may go before me. I'm about to go to bed anyway :P

Ok, cool @Broxzier sweet dreams :P any certain time to return file work good for you?

Claimed: SpiffyJack
Queue: Broxzier, TCE, Cascadia
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD,  Jochem, YoloSweggLord, giraty, Wuis

Edited by SpiffyJack

Hey guys, please don't put scenery around my magic broomsticks, I'm going to add a lot of scenery around that area on my next turn.

I don't have a ride idea, so I'm just going to decorate that area, thanks. 

Crash, boom, smash :D

After being completely mesmerized for hours by @Broxzier teleported success, my crew has been pushing the limits of this new technology with some very strange anomalies accuring... At one point, the entire park sank 12 feet, then rose 14 feet before eventually settling to norm, only to be followed by an enormous plate eruption causing a magnetic shift in the parks north and south poles which apparently happened do to the extreme amount of power required to operate not 1, but 2 teleporting ionic generators. These devices working in tandom generated so much kinetic energy that apparently the results introduced abnormal non-reversable weather patterns within the park boundaries that extends equal to a 100 mile blast radius.. On a good note, all attractions were constructed to zone 8 seismic regulations and all other attractions sustained zero damage.

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 2

Since we're approaching the point where this park will be completely filled, I made a map (slightly larger then this one) as a proposal for a starting point for Group Park 6:

5918b9070d04b_TheOpenRCT2ForumGroupPark62017-05-1413-05-17.png.91d4cc2a6fea9bfdc1bb6acac5e990a7.png

I've added some custom objects and basic stalls and rides to the objection selection in the park.  The only rides in the park are the two trams right now, and some of the stations are incomplete (they need scenery to complete them).  I've left the terraforming to other people since I'm bad at that. 

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.sv6

• Like 1

Do to electrical overload complications, negotiations are currently scheduled for this week to accept proposals to build an independent power sub station to provide the necessary gigawatts required to power additional ionic generators. With that being said, the addition of Ionic Atmospheric Sensors have also been installed in all Park Air Ships as a precautionary first alert warning system do to the erratic nature of the recent cold fronts.

Sooooooo, 

Introducing 'Snow Drifter'. A looping coaster designed to travel from the warmer low altitude through the frigid higher altitudes while keeping guests comfortable during their experience. In addition to, extra facilities were added adjacent to Entry/Exit to keep guest busy as they wait to enter queue, or the relax after exiting.

Tech Notes:

- This ride and scenery may be modified by other builders. Permission granted. 

- The current queue path is too short.

5919084fd66f1_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-1418-23-05.thumb.png.cb246973356909926eaeac75d178a005.png591908572ff0d_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-1417-34-40.thumb.png.05bff1741b47a2265d8f2b4a330038f9.png   

Claimed
Queue: @Broxzier ,TCE, Cascadia
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD,  Jochem, YoloSweggLord, giraty, Wuis, SpiffyJack

Edit:

I guess I should upload the file too... :D 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.57.sv6

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Skipping for now, because I still don't have any ideas.

Claimed: -SpiffyJack
Queue: @TCE, Cascadia
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD,  Jochem, YoloSweggLord, giraty, Wuis, SpiffyJack, Broxzier

Claiming the Park for a little while... At any point if @TCE is ready, I'll upload immediately.

I do like the idea of having a central square where trams ride through, but what you show in the screenshot looks quite uninviting to me. Maybe it's the receptivity, or the square buildings. I dislike how the tracks are above the square. I'd rather see them all on the ground, or next to the paths.

If we go for next to the paths, I suggest building the track a bit lower than the path itself, so we can build things like this:

r72EhjG.png

• Like 2

I like the idea of tracks being used like this. I also like the idea of tracks being lower than adjacent paths... 

But I'll add this: I learned a lot with my Grand Central map and designing track routes. At first the routes had ups and downs cause I liked it, but after adding routes It proved to be a disaster and i soon found it works much better if each track has a dedicated height. Yes, the track can change elevations if needed, but i would also suggest the height changs to be done away from any other tracks with no ups or down track close to station. I wish I could back and change some early work be just to much.

Only my opinion :D  

• Like 1

@cascadia I would love to take my turn... problem is, I'm still not completely settled after my move to Texas. I'm still in a hotel, so I don't get much time on my laptop. The good news is we've already bought a house. We settle at the end of the month; after that I should be able to have a lot more free time to work on projects like this.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RedScope53 said:

Should we do a theme for the next GP? I'd probably be a lot more involved if we did say.. a medieval theme:D

If everyone is up for it, I'm in! If not, then maybe we could split the park into differently themed areas before we begin.

• Like 3