Group Park 5

Broxzier

I'd like to see a desert, it's fairly easy to deal with terrain and I love the sight of the western/egyptian/saharan scenery. What in my opinion wasn't a success previous group park were the dunes, as it was very unpractical to build something on the middle of the dunes. If you wanted to make full use of it you had to get a coaster through the middle of it, besides it was hard to navigate paths through it. I actually really liked building in the mountains even though it looked rather difficult, so that is repeatable in my opinion.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

would like to try join.

Hope i understood the rules correctly by observing the last group park.

But one question: Why not setting up a root-server for Multiplayer? Did it result in total chaos, or why is this turn-based?

A automatic software could set the game to pause, when no other player is online (so it dosnt progress in time, when only the server is running)

^

The last landscape looks awesome. But does the park extend also to the hills and the city?

There is small hill over the city area, that would be perfect for me :D

application documents: :P

5898f2a52ad37_LeafyLake2017-02-0623-00-58.png.92e7cd8a8b0221ba10a1bad98a779501.png

hope this would be enough to join :D

Edited by Foxy
13 minutes ago, Foxy said:

would like to try join.

Hope i understood the rules correctly by observing the last group park.

But one question: Why not setting up a root-server for Multiplayer? Did it result in total chaos, or why is this turn-based?

A automatic software could set the game to pause, when no other player is online (so it dosnt progress in time, when only the server is running)

^

The last landscape looks awesome. But does the park extend also to the hills and the city?

There is small hill over the city area, that would be perfect for me :D

The last one has the entrance outside the city and peeps walk through the city to get to the extents of the map. I believe i have various stages of that map before it went to full scenario mode. As with most i'll upload, the land rights are still still nonnegotiable and can be what ever works for the your project.5898f43e24d35_RollercoasterHeaven2017-02-0614-09-37.thumb.png.c3af28f41c37d65bff1b7c82c17b4e75.png  

03.sc6

03-Rollercoaster Heaven Simulation 1 r34 diff scenery.sv6

• Like 1

I guess the best thing i could do is package up the whole enchilada of my folders and let builders take what they like. My initial past mistakes in scenario building included incorrect file naming when doing conversions and allowing the scenario goal to match an existing scenario... if that makes sense. I didn't sweat the small things, when I should have.  

While those landscapes do look good, I'd like to keep the amount of water to a minimum this time. In the past few group parks, the water areas have always been hard to build on, and in the end it's basically just an area cramped with different rides, not making it a single theme. The parks where we didn't start off with water (Group Park 2 and 3) were in my opinion the easiest to work with.

• Like 1

Count me in, and yeah, CC sounds good. As I stated in GP4's thread, I think a lot of paths would be good, and some basic CC. I wouldn't go all out and install everything. Some wall sets, like Cas said, some stalls, maybe a few rides. As for terrain, I think terraforming before we build is good.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Broxzier said:

While those landscapes do look good, I'd like to keep the amount of water to a minimum this time. In the past few group parks, the water areas have always been hard to build on, and in the end it's basically just an area cramped with different rides, not making it a single theme. The parks where we didn't start off with water (Group Park 2 and 3) were in my opinion the easiest to work with.

Makes good sense... I'll reference the prior maps. I can't quite commit to the build team yet but would like help get the ball rolling if that's cool. Also, I noticed Terraforming mentioned above, would that be the literal definition of the term as to submit the map which would require little or no modifications .. aka not to include areas that are just going to be wiped out anyway?

is it possible to add path without handrails as custom sco?

(something like: full tile path)

Im already planning an theme-area in my head, and the vanilla path wont work for me. It dosnt matter which type of path. Just 1 or 2 full tile path.

and the prison watchtower stairs from time twisters ofc (because maintenance/service stairs for rides)

Edited by Foxy
15 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Anyone who wants to work on it can work on it now, until we start the scenario for real. This is just a landscape file.

Ok. we still cant merge Landscapes right? So we might have multiple initial files returned so then critique and decide which features to keep moving forward to the master landscape file? Obviously this is my first group event and I'm on the learning curve to completely understanding the standard protocol. 

12 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Before you start working on it, claim it here, and when you're done post it again. As there is no queue for this, only claim it when you can actually work on it, and post it as soon as you're done with it.

thanks... im trying to locate GP4 for reference prior to claiming. 

also if there's more reference files you think are useful to use. @Broxzier

Edited by SpiffyJack