Group Park 5

Broxzier

590f91b28fea3_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0714-25-47.png.ea9c63f53b0731a28be4a75ad98c2113.png

590f91b5c4dd8_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0714-26-08.png.7a6b24202c3022f75ce381fe816e550f.png

590f91bb40435_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0714-28-00.thumb.png.d6ed65a058f41446f53a7915f36fc9fd.png

590f91c374f46_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0714-28-05.thumb.png.6c06a649e8fd953af7c521218eb8c1d7.png

590f91cb332bc_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0714-28-12.thumb.png.3ec988a1a468bce1ef2780012ab84bfe.png

590f91d3c3c6b_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0714-28-19.thumb.png.9ed6d2d25e8e9c868149bc1a0b78018e.png

590f91dba9ec2_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0714-28-25.thumb.png.4dd7342cb73f8f41c360c6146d3fe454.png

-Built a bus system for the park.

-Built stairs to connect 1st and 2nd levels of Bebi Da'inosara Rasatala.
-Linked paths in Lost City under the restaurant and restroom area together
-Built a Giraffe Museum ride to actually give guests who are uninterested in the coaster something to do there (hope you don't mind, @Broxzier ).  Also, added actual giraffe scenery to the area!
-Built benches on path by Jez's And Theresa's

-Cleared the landing and takeoff approach zones for the seaplane runway to make it more realistic  and added runway lights

-Built a beerhall and general store by the German area. 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.53.sv6

Claimed: -
Queue: @giraty, Broxzier, TCE, Wuis
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack

@jensj12  @RedScope53  @Tune  @BlazingEmpireHD  @Jochem  @YoloSweggLord  @SpiffyJack

• Like 4

Busy comes again so I declare this is my end of participation on GP5. It was nice experience, hope to go again at another group park! Anyone is free to build the forest area that have Terra Incognita.

Claimed: -
Queue:  @Broxzier, TCE, Wuis
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack, giraty

• Like 1

Pssssht, I am in love of the trams( buses ) racing past the rows of store with the imagination that like a line is waiting for it and it just gets bowled over. :D Like, this is making me way too happy and tbh I want a .gif of this.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Philmon11 said:

That's the longest group park queue EVER haha!

Also, those must be some super skilled bus drivers to not mow everybody down!! O.o

....Like, seriously. If old Betsy takes just a little bit too long getting out of the way... CRUNCH.

The buses are made of altered dark matter that is visible but can pass through other matter outside it, so they just pass through people without anything happening to them. :P;)

• Like 1

With so many advanced high-tech utilities appearing in the park, they couldn't keep their feet on the ground when word about teleporters being developed reached their ears. They went to search for the person behind them, Dr. Steve Brule, and once found he was already able to give a microscopic demonstration where he could teleport a seed from an apple. The park provided Dr. Steve with everything he needed to continue his research and improve it further. Soon, he was able to teleport bigger objects, the time was shortened, and eventually he managed to get even moving objects to instantly reach their destination. It didn't take long to perfect his work, and soon a ride for the park could be constructed: Vertex.

5WcyD8K.png

Queue: @TCE, Wuis, Cascadia, Broxzier
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack, giraty

@cascadia You're the one who mainly used corrupt elements to hide tracks high in the air, right? I keep having issues with it because these corrupt elements are so much lower than the tracks. Building anything in between makes the whatever you've built hidden, and reveals the track. Pressing the insert corrupt element button should automatically place it right under the selected element, but apparently that did not happen for you.

vrf8c3c.png

Alternatively you can manually press the Clamp to next button to put them right under the hidden element. In case of the image above, the selected element's base and clearance height will be set to 93. This way, whatever is being built on the tile will not accidentally get hidden by the corrupt element.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.54.sv6

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Broxzier said:

You're the one who mainly used corrupt elements to hide tracks high in the air, right? I keep having issues with it because these corrupt elements are so much lower than the tracks. Building anything in between makes the whatever you've built hidden, and reveals the track. Pressing the insert corrupt element button should automatically place it right under the selected element, but apparently that did not happen for you.

vrf8c3c.png

Alternatively you can manually press the Clamp to next button to put them right under the hidden element. In case of the image above, the selected element's base and clearance height will be set to 93. This way, whatever is being built on the tile will not accidentally get hidden by the corrupt element.

Adding a corrupted element below the selected element places it on top of the element below it. It never auto-clamps it to the selected object. Clamping must be done manually or it will cause the highly irritating behaviour you described.

2 hours ago, jensj12 said:

Adding a corrupted element below the selected element places it on top of the element below it. It never auto-clamps it to the selected object. Clamping must be done manually or it will cause the highly irritating behaviour you described.

For me it placed it under the selected element, I don't see how it would be different for you. From testing just now I did notice that the base height is not automatically clamped anymore, so I'll look into that.

Edit: I've submitted a pull request for it, sorry for the inconvenience it has caused so far. :P

Edited by Broxzier

I'm afraid to tell you all that Giraffes Can Spin crashed while I was on my turn. I posted a screenshot for you. 

What I made was a Magic Broomsticks ride, the guests seem to love it. Also posted a screenshot of the ride.

@Broxzier how did you manage to do that teleport coaster? That's amazing, would love to have something like that in the park I'm working on, thanks in advance. 

Queue: @Wuis Cascadia, Broxzier, TCE
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD,  Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack, giraty

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5 2017-05-12 05-29-08.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5 2017-05-12 05-52-58.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.55.sv6

Edited by TCE
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, TCE said:

@Broxzier how did you manage to do that teleport coaster? That's amazing, would love to have something like that in the park I'm working on, thanks in advance. 

He probably used this technique that was posted on the /rct subreddit a few weeks ago. It pretty much blew everyone's mind when the same user posted this ride without explanation one day before the guide. :D 

Edited by Tune
  • Like 4

Correct, 3 weeks ago someone posted a few records of that black coaster, but without any instructions at the time. I spend some time looking at different ways, and first was only able to do it by changing the track definitions, but eventually someone on reddit posted a park of it, so I could inspect how they actually did it. Two downsides of this method is that they don't instantly teleport to the other side, and that they need to be at the exact same height.

• Like 4

Queue: @cascadia Broxzier, TCE
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD,  Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack, giraty, Wuis

Reasoning already given, exams blabla, studying, eating 1000% more than usual and watching at transport which involves either panda seats, panda decoration or is themed as a panda.

(PS. I might start uploading my idea park though, it really started of as a real park but I kinda got incredibly rich due to the scenario being too easy, so I kinda remove stuff like it's nothing eheh, main problem is it being a 'Make your own Six Flags" scenario, which I must somehow hide to avoid mental problems for some people. I might be able to in the few hours to give myself, I might not, I don't know why people hate it so much, but I don't mind that either.) ( Is it that most land is flat?)

• Like 1

5916876d52716_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-1221-08-04.png.62ee84e94bb710df0c05ae7b8e619db9.png

-Built a generic I don't know what it is coaster (literally, because the name of the coaster in the Build Ride menu is "Generic Coaster") near the German area

-Built a viewing deck for people to watch Harbinger if it ever gets restarted (hint, hint @YoloSweggLord !) along with a cafe

-Fixed a pathing issue that had been bottling up guests in the broomstick coaster queue line

-Fixed a pathing issue that was preventing mechanics from fixing The Sweaty Saw

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.56.sv6

Queue: @Broxzier, TCE, Cascadia
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD,  Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack, giraty, Wuis

@jensj12  @RedScope53  @Tune  @BlazingEmpireHD  @Jochem  @YoloSweggLord  @SpiffyJack  @giraty  @Wuis

YoloSweggLord, it's time for you to take a turn so you can finish Harbinger!  ;)

• Like 3