Group Park 5

Broxzier

10 minutes ago, cascadia said:

@Broxzier. It appears that I built the track for Rejecting All Parking Spots wrong and the car is stuck in a loop.  Fixing it fixes the ride ratings issue.

@cascadia nice find, I noticed that too, but I think... lol.. I think, there is something before you... in my test, you rated out from a cold start meaning something before you has an issue... I certainly could be wrong, but at this point (Just my opinion) there is an issue from deco track or similar from somewhere else in the park causing the issue. Its amusing how these little anomalies wreak havoc :D

• Like 1
On 3-5-2017 at 03:11, SpiffyJack said:

Now i'll reverse diagnose to the ride that's still having issues and let you know.. unless you @Broxzier find it first... Also here is file with Splash slowed back down and some little stuff changed since @cascadia earlier.. cascadia's file does come first though as without his permission, do NOT use this file :D

@cascadia, @SpiffyJack

Just to be sure, version 5.49a is the one I should work with?

• Like 1

In the past few months park management noticed the slowly increasing interest in the Giraffe Area of the park. Based on some web and social media interactions with guests, they concluded that guests are happy to go there "for the idea", and decided that the area should be expanded. While the area was liked, a common answer to the question "What do you dislike about the giraffe area?" was that you would've seen all of it within a short amount of time. Being an attraction park, management decided to build a fun house filled with silly facts and unimportant information about giraffes.

Guests can enter the building through the entrance at the bottom, which leads to the basement. This is a dark room where displays containing real giraffe remains among other things can be seen. Next to every display is a board with information and fun facts about this beautiful animal. Guests can borrow headphones that tell them all sorts of things about what they see (all they have to do is press the number of the display to hear the recorded sample!). Two giraffe experts will guide groups of guests through the room to provide a guided tour for the guests every 30 minutes.

For parents with annoy-uninterested children a playzone has been constructed inside, where you can leave your children while our staff will keep a watch over them.

At the end of the tour through the building, the most remarkable aspects of the expanded area is accessible: a Virginia reel track, named after the fact Giraffes Can Spin.

e1t0PSv.png

Depending on its popularity, the building might get extended. Park management was surprised by how quickly the area was filled!

Some other things:

• 10 minute inspections for all rides
  • Tidied up the path that went down from Spaghetti monster
  • Made Skyway (monorail) go underground in the same area
  • Fixed Rejecting All Parking Spots loop in the track (and added 2 extra cars with a delay between them, so that it looks busier, and doesn't look too obvious)

Claimed: -
Queue@TCE, Wuis, Cascadia, giraty, Broxzier
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.50.sv6

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Are you suggesting they are not real giraffe remains and that the experts are actually just ordinary people who are selling nonsense?! Which may be true...

I think @Wuis  was actually implying that the giraffe remains were actually the remains of the giraffe meals the dinos eat, so they're real, but they're also waste products...  ;)

• Like 2

I made a dodgems. Not any kind of dodgems though, but hover car bumper dodgems, something a little different the guests can enjoy instead of the standard dodgems. 

The ride is called Librarsi Macchina Paraurti (meaning hover car bumpers in Italian).

590caaf21b9ef_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0517-38-39.thumb.png.37c933a098562bb212fdd764d1e90fd9.png

Queue @WuisCascadia, giraty, Broxzier, TCE
Missed: jensj12, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, YoloSweggLord, SpiffyJack

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.51.sv6

Edited by TCE
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Wuis said:

@TCE Does that include the current area the dodgems is in? Because if you don't decorate it, I probably will.  (I'll have to dig in Italian science history for that, thanks. ^^ ) 

You can decorate that area if you wish. I'm hoping to have a bigger area for my new idea, is this allowed on one turn to have two separate areas? Thanks.

@TCE Well, currently you unclaimed the park, but you can do so if you want, make sure to keep the area restrictions in mind or fill up unused space. For this turn I'd say you just keep to the normal area restrictions as the dodgems doesn't really take up that much space and is in an already crowded area of the park. You have to reclaim the park first though! ;) (Normally keep it though until you're completely finished, people might feel confused or accused of things somebody else got away with)

If you plan to do this next turn, I don't really get the question. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Wuis said:

@TCE Well, currently you unclaimed the park, but you can do so if you want, make sure to keep the area restrictions in mind or fill up unused space. For this turn I'd say you just keep to the normal area restrictions as the dodgems doesn't really take up that much space and is in an already crowded area of the park. You have to reclaim the park first though! ;) (Normally keep it though until you're completely finished, people might feel confused or accused of things somebody else got away with)

If you plan to do this next turn, I don't really get the question. 

No worries, I'll just wait until my next turn, you're up now bud :)

Claimed: Wuis
Queue Cascadia, giraty, Broxzier, TCE

Forgot to claim it, eeeeeeh. This might be the last turn for me in this park, I'm out the upcoming three weeks due to exams. Followed by a midweek-ish length of a family holiday. So I'm going to make the best of this turn! :D 

• Like 2

@Broxzier If you could do me a favor. Once the rating stats show up for Gulch Splash, please reduce lift speed to 8-10 mph and reduce boat count to 25. Appreciate it and Thank you :D 

Edit: MY BAD

I don't know why the above post never posted... It was obviously my fault ... regardless...

@Wuis  

If you could do me a favor. Once the rating stats show up for Gulch Splash, please reduce lift speed to 8-10 mph and reduce boat count to 25. Appreciate it and Thank you :D 

Thanks again :D

17 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

@Broxzier If you could do me a favor. Once the rating stats show up for Gulch Splash, please reduce lift speed to 8-10 mph and reduce boat count to 25. Appreciate it and Thank you :D 

Edit: MY BAD

I don't know why the above post never posted... It was obviously my fault ... regardless...

@Wuis  

If you could do me a favor. Once the rating stats show up for Gulch Splash, please reduce lift speed to 8-10 mph and reduce boat count to 25. Appreciate it and Thank you :D 

Thanks again :D

The ride time is on the edge of making guests unhappy instead of happy already- I wouldn't recommend reducing the speed. 

4 hours ago, cascadia said:

The ride time is on the edge of making guests unhappy instead of happy already- I wouldn't recommend reducing the speed. 

I understand your point  :D BUT... I've been testing different scenarios of Gulch...(and prior designs most of this I stumbled on from much past experiments) because splash rides are typically high capacity attractions... So I use them to draw the crowd like I did with Gulch at the opposite end of the park.  and perhaps you already know. When the ride gets close to 3000 feet like this one, The boat count is most important, once the boat goes stagnant to unload, peeps get mad fast. So the the boats need to unload at the station asap. Anyway, if a splash ride rates E = 9+ then your good to go close to 5 minutes run time. But the second that boat stops, it goes bad fast. So the Operating Options you can check 'Leave if another boat arrives at station'... No complaints will occur.  

Don't mind me, i'm geeking around on Cinco De Mayo .. Tacos and Pacifico :D 

Here are the stats: 3 month evaluation period.

10mph lift : E: 8.83; I: 4.34; N: 2.89; time: 4:05; 84+/- peeps continuous

15mph lift :  E: 8.87; I: 4.44; N: 2.93; time: 3:31; 72+/- peeps continuous  

30mph lift : E: 9.08; I: 4.74; N: 3.05; time: 2:28; 54+/- peeps continuous

EDIT: addition 

figure this one out :D 

50mph lift : E: 9.73; I: 5.29; N: 3.37; time: 2:23; 125+/- peeps continuous

Zero complaints all tests.   

Just food for thought... There really is no one way :D

and 70 years ago the same ride pushed 250 peeps all day long...lol  

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 2

590f2aebc7846_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-05-0716-10-11.thumb.png.d68a3a44efd293c1decda05593150feb.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.52.sv6

Queue: @cascadia giraty, Broxzier, TCE, Wuis

I noticed that I didn't really get any ideas going due to the stress I am currently experiencing. Not really happy what what I've got here, but it's something and I covered it up with trees to hide it a bit. I added myself back to the queue but doubt I will have another turn on the park but if so, then it'd probably be when Group Park 6 has started and I will then probably take another look at some things I made.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.52.sv6

• Like 2