Group Park 5

Broxzier

2 hours ago, Wuis said:

Giraty, did you plan to make a death coaster or do you just not realise the 5G would let most people pass out or cause fatalities?

5G is high but still reasonable. It can cause people to pass out (this happens occasionally), but it will not kill people. However, that ride is way too undersupported for it's size. Also, that's a few too many twists on the way down, I'd stick to one.

Oh my god that literally looks like a real life euthanasia coaster. I like the uniqueness but that literaly looks like death, imagine the end of the last spiral on the way down, you've been in this smooth rotation for a while and then STOP. It would like fling people out haha, but let me give you a tip. When you don't know how to theme, do what I did and build a ride (like not this, more subtle) and you can always ask if anybody is willing to theme it for you. Plus, not to be rude but this is sort of an eyesore... sorry that I just tore you down there but it just doesn't fit in. :(

On the other hand, I like how it goes over the entrance. That could be a future idea for a coaster or something!

Edit: I just noticed the ejector airtime hills... O.o

Edit 2: Okay I didn't realize that it went over the entrance to the PARKING LOT and not the entrance to the PARK. I meant in my last sentence that a coaster going over the PARK entrance could be cool if done right. :) 

Edited by Philmon11
2 hours ago, cascadia said:

Claimed: -

Queue: @Broxzier, Wuis, Cascadia, giraty
Missed: jensj12, TCE, YoloSweggLord, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, SpiffyJack

I pulled myself from Queue early so others can plan their time.... In the next few days i'll work my way back in :D 

Mean while, If ANYBODY wants to add content/scenery to my Gulch rides, Go for it!. Simply put, if someone just wants to mess around adding scenery or theme vs. starting a new attraction..., Have at it. You can even demolish the car ride.. I was thinking of running a mine car track instead.  All I ask is, the map edge+5 is exempt from change. 

Permission granted :D

or just leave it, the peeps will still ride it as is. Oh, you know what?, now that i think of it, the ratings went up when my crew stripped the scenery, even my own crew told me the original scenery sucked... lol :D 

Edited by SpiffyJack
7 hours ago, giraty said:

Presenting you the new-record breaker coaster on Earth: Amazing Mightyyyy!!! With top speed of 226 km/h (141 mph) and height of over 180 m (drop height is 169 m), this will surely test your adrenalines.....

To be viewed with this song:

PS: Sorry if the sceneries and queues offended realistic builders, that's just my build style and trying to squeeze something.

Also can I actually build outside park zone like in picture? It's just 1 tile wide with a big tower anyway.

Claimed:

Queue: @Broxzier , SpiffyJack, Wuis, Cascadia, giraty
Missed: jensj12, TCE, YoloSweggLord, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.39.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5 2017-04-13 18-34-31.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5 2017-04-13 18-34-54.png

Dr Jack Kevorkian is rolling in his grave because he didn't think of this :D Can not deny E for effort though... :D 

I'll take the your responds for the future. Learning how to play with group park bit by bit ;).

3 hours ago, cascadia said:

58eff7bbb375b_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-04-1315-11-58.png.7d304fcbb917d6bfca2d7921b9432989.png

Apologies for the lateness, @Broxzier - was busy with something else for a while, but made the coaster fit into the forest area.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.39a.sv6

Queue: @Broxzier, SpiffyJack, Wuis, Cascadia, giraty
Missed: jensj12, TCE, YoloSweggLord, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem

@jensj12  @TCE  @YoloSweggLord  @RedScope53  @Tune  @BlazingEmpireHD  @Jochem

Cascadia that's just so wonderful.

• Like 1

Queue: @Broxzier, Wuis, Cascadia, giraty, YoloSweggLord
Missed: jensj12, TCE, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, SpiffyJack

I didn't have much time to work on it, but I changed the launch on Harbinger to booster track and started construction on a pre-launch building for the coaster. The coaster shouldn't have operating problems now, but I'm not entirely sure how booster tracks are/aren't affected by breakdowns, so I'll need to test that when I have some more time.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.40.sv6

• Like 1

While the archeologists dug up one of the temples in the park, and since the temple was mostly underground back then, they built a system through it for transporting the heavy goods quickly out of the dark place. The system was similar to the ones they used in the coal mines, with carts running over a track. Once they were finished discovering (read: stealing) old valuable items, they left the tracks inside the tombs. Now, years later, one of the interns of the park who was tasked to clear the surrounding plant growth, stumbled upon the tracks, and had an idea for turning it into a new ride. While originally meant to just be a cheap employee, this intern got offered a full-time contract and had his salary doubled. The park management started off with the project right away, and, within just a few months time, they are happy to announce the newest addition: Tomb Racer.

D3MD5Cv.png

Only after opening the ride, I noticed there's some flickering with the base blocks and the track when there are vehicles on top of them, even though they haven't been built with clearance checks disabled.

Other things I did were hiding one floating track element above the lake, expanding the walkable wall/path on the other side of the map, adding a few benches/bins at places, and clicked some ducks.

Queue: @Wuis, Cascadia, giraty, YoloSweggLord, Broxzier
Missed: jensj12, TCE, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, Jochem, SpiffyJack

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.41.sv6

• Like 4

Claimed: Wuis
Queue: Cascadia, giraty, YoloSweggLord, Broxzier
Missed: jensj12, TCE, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpire

As rats pass near your feet at a trot, you hear several wolves howling in the distance. Your greatest fear though is that something or someone seems to be wailing... A flash...
It was the thunderstorm you failed to notice, as you are petrified by what lies upon you.
Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2

58f657b882cf1_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-04-1820-14-12.thumb.png.5a1d41ac91d6fcac0152b53bf721e78e.png

This is what I could make of it with boosters, stats are:

• Excitement 9.25
  • Intensity 6.08
  • Nausea 3.37

EDIT:

@giraty I know you meant the coaster not to be realistic, but it should be safe in game terms and as it doesn't provide this guarantee I changed it.

On 4/6/2017 at 20:19, Broxzier said:

Just now I noticed that Harbringer is stuck on the first hill. I thought this coaster was using boosters, but apparently it's using a chain lift without providing a track back to the station in case it fails, which we agreed on not to use.

As Broxzier has stated in the above quoted message, we already have said that chain lift launches can't be used as the lift can breakdown making the train get stuck as it can't reach it's target speed anymore. And as you didn't provide an track that would prevent so in case it fails, I think it's fair that I change your coaster, as I think it'd be nice to atleast keep it running. You can of course change it to whatever you want in your own turn, though the safety is so essential that it's something you need to see more important than the looks or the insanity. I really think it's a good thing that you have a much wilder style of coaster built and that it's way brighter than all our coasters, but this was unfortunately a mishit. :( 

EDIT2: I'm in bed now reading this again, and oh darn, my grammar.

EDIT3: LOOOOOOOOL Floating packaged river rapids:

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5 2017-04-19 14-42-18.png

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 3
On 4/3/2017 at 23:28, imlegos said:

Wuis, you changed your image... Why arn't you the PC Dino D:

SORRY D: I JUST WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING NEW askdlaslk DON"T HIT ME... PLS NOo..... NUUU *Hits himself*

Queue: @cascadia, giraty, YoloSweggLord, Broxzier, Wuis
Missed: jensj12, TCE, Redscope53, Tune, BlazingEmpire

58f767bc101a2_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-04-1915-13-15.thumb.png.9a4ad1e55719a225dbdfe8b8a0c0b3e4.png

Well, with Broxzier adding Go Karts, I had to make it more of a flat ride as it'd be silly to have 3 large go kart tracks. But I really did want to build one, so I have forced a cooperation between WWF, Calm Weather Windmills and the Group Park to create a paid* go kart track to raise awareness for Giraffes. All revenue of the track, shops and facilities go towards improving the circumstances of giraffes and of course the karts are powered by electricity. Thus Giraffe Karts was erected.

58f767b9d5d02_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-04-1915-16-05.thumb.png.8d244a20152325fe03ed41634e1a702e.png

Now my major attraction for this turn is Bēbī ḍā'inōsara rasātala. It is an attraction about an encounter with hatchlings of a dinosaur, while signs of a mother aren't found, the eggs still seem to contain something what seems to be alive. As they are born with scientists surrounding them, they don't seem to get hostile towards humans and are actually quite the party animals with quite the dance moves. Dance with the dinosaurs, now in the group park! (Though just for making sure, bring your giraffe meat so you don't encounter a starving dinosaur)

*Citizens of Groupparkland pay towards this through their taxes, whether they want to or not, it's unclear how this is calculated. Tourists pay by buying umbrellas at the shady guy which they do because they think it's fair prized and although you could say so with the amount of time it rains, it's probably not.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.42.sv6

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Wuis said:

All revenue of the track, shops and facilities go towards improving the circumstances of giraffes and of course the karts are powered by electricity. Thus Giraffe Karts was erected.

1 hour ago, Wuis said:

Though just for making sure, bring your giraffe meat so you don't encounter a starving dinosaur)

So, Giraffe Karts is more of a pro-conservation hunters' organization like the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation then something like Greenpeace?

• Like 1
Just now, Broxzier said:

How could park management let through a project that supports giraffes AND a project that may require giraffe meat in such a small period of time? I smell corruption...

In America at least, there are plenty of hunting organizations that are also environmentalist:

http://www.rmef.org/Conservation/HuntingIsConservation.aspx

https://topnonprofits.com/fishing-and-hunting-organizations-list/

on BBC Three there was a documentary called "Brainwashing Stacey" which featured an episode where she (Stacey)  went to people who hunt and tried to look why they did that and if they had a fair point. It's also been on the NPO (Dutch National Broadcast) I think, so if you're Dutch you can see it on Programma Gemist.

• Like 1