Group Park 5

Broxzier

@cascadia Thanks for fixing the path! I'm not sure what was wrong, but you've probably made it better. :D 

@Wuis Thanks for the help. No need to apologische so much, I can differentiate between hate and feedback. ;) I don't really get why the coaster is so dangerous though. When a ride breaks down the chain lift and station breaks only stop right? I don't understand why that would cause cars to get stuck, when tested they complete the track just fine. 

I'll check out the guide @jensj12 sent and try to make some more sense of it.

6 minutes ago, Tune said:

@cascadia Thanks for fixing the path! I'm not sure what was wrong, but you've probably made it better. :D 

@Wuis Thanks for the help. No need to apologische so much, I can differentiate between hate and feedback. ;) I don't really get why the coaster is so dangerous though. When a ride breaks down the chain lift and station breaks only stop right? I don't understand why that would cause cars to get stuck, when tested they complete the track just fine. 

I'll check out the guide @jensj12 sent and try to make some more sense of it.

You're welcome!  :D

Basically, on the path issue, you built a U like this ( = are paths)

=

=

x           Your coaster

=            =

=             =

=              =

= = = = = = =

Peeps trying to get to a coaster will attempt to take the most direct path, and the algorithm for pathing still doesn't work so well with non-direct paths.  They will circle around the area of the x instead of taking the path around, looking for a nonexistent direct path from x to the coaster instead of going around using the u.  Connecting x to the coaster fixes the issue.  This is why people tend to build grid-like path systems and avoid dead ends for paths in OpenRCT2. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

In case anybody didn't know... my Profile pic is always my own art :D 

That's awesome. I really liked the clown one, it looked bad-ass. Do you have a blog or collection or something where there's more of your art? I made my avatar myself too, but it's a bit more... cartoony. :D 

@cascadia I think I get what you mean. I'll check out how you fixed it when I get home from work today.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tune said:

Thanks for the help. No need to apologische so much, I can differentiate between hate and feedback. ;) I don't really get why the coaster is so dangerous though. When a ride breaks down the chain lift and station breaks only stop right? I don't understand why that would cause cars to get stuck, when tested they complete the track just fine.

If a safety cut-out occurs, the chain lifts will keep cars/trains in place, due to the anti-rollback system, though if another train is in that same section between the station and lifthill or lifthill and lifthill, this car/train might bump into the train stuck on the bottom on the lifthill, if so they will closely follow each other and if there's a point where there's a incredibly decrease of speed, the trains will bump into each other again, this time with one of them exploding. In the case of your first lifthill, if a safety cut-out occurs two more bobsleds leave, with the second ending not being able to get on the chainlift as it firsts gets blocked of by the bobsled in front of it and not being able to get up when fixed due to the decrease in speed in the meantime of that.

• Like 2

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.31c.sv6

• Harbringer got stuck after launch, cause unknown as it did so since the start of the save file. Re-opened as I did not forsee any dangers doing so.
  • Flying Panda opened after it got left by a clumsy little, but very friendly brown dog.

NOTE: I will probably rework the pathing to the bobsled and inverted coaster as I'll be working in that area a bit more.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Tune said:

That's awesome. I really liked the clown one, it looked bad-ass. Do you have a blog or collection or something where there's more of your art? I made my avatar myself too, but it's a bit more... cartoony. :D 

@cascadia I think I get what you mean. I'll check out how you fixed it when I get home from work today.

Thanks, the female is Lady Death... there have been multiple Lady Death artists and I'm one of them. 

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1

@Wuis Hmm, I think I get it now. So the problem is that when a cut-out occurs and there are multiple cars on the same piece of track (between chain-lifts) they will collide. o.O So the solution would be to make block breaks that only allow one car at a time on the downhill track? 

2 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

Thanks, the female is Lady Death... there have been multiple Lady Death artists and I'm one of them.

It looks like it's a cropped image from a bigger one. I'd love to see the original. 

Also: suddenly everyone is updating their avatars. Guess I gotta keep with the times. 

58e3a935dca28_AATuneVermintide.thumb.png.b350a58ce80f4b6c4d7f6a4bb85ea0c2.png

@Tune If you want to, I can change the track to what you currently see. I've made some notes so you can easily see what has changed. There are now four sets of trains with two cars. I did this somewhat prematurely though as you haven't had a turn yet. So if you'd rather look at it yourself, you should really do so. 

Also, hmm what would that 2x2 pool of water be? That wasn't here before, was it? :/

EDIT: Reason I went working on the coaster is because the "ratsleds" were chilling in the pre-ride section.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 3

@Wuis I was planning to play around with it to try and fix it on my own turn yeah, but as you already improved it that's fine too. I assume the ride can now handle less customers/hour? But if it's killing less people now that's great! :D 

Does the train actually make that hill with enough speed? And why would it crash if it were a drop though? O.o

Oh. And I have no idea about the little pool. Maybe Broxzier peed in the woods again? 

• Like 2

Capacity/hour has raised from 264 to 384 which is about 45%. The crash happened on the drop when it went up again, it went too fast so it flew off the track. Also, I can confirm that Broxzier did not pee in the woods, atleast, not that spot.

*It depends if you want trains waiting on the chainlift or not. With trains waiting on the chainlift there is a small increase, without there's a decrease of capacity/hour.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 3

Okay, I left he park running for a bit and it crashed too in my new layout with guests, same place. So I went to work on it again, my apologies. But I couldn't leave the coaster not functioning after I've been working on it.

58e4fb839da6a_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-04-0516-10-18.thumb.png.ee8e681a3bfcdd0cbc0d77d439144ac3.png

So I first ended up placing a block section, so it would slow down and hopefully this wouldn't crash anymore, still did. worked further with the added block section as it would significantly improve capacity either way and it doesn't slow that much. Then I tried all things with brakes just went entering the tunnel, but that either worsened through put and ride experience that bad that it wasn't favourable. So I ended up letting it go further down first to later get an spiral upwards, which works really well. The capacity it shows is the maximum I have seen it having, it's between 650 and 720. The original layout got between 530 and 600 customers/hour. @Tune If you approve of this, let me know in any way, I actually first wanted you to place that block brake somewhere yourself, but I wasn't fond of leaving the ride broken. 

58e4fd66b0993_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-04-0515-55-53.thumb.png.7d4df3df6269b3ac09aadc4af75e8063.png

On another note, this doesn't look too good. What should I do? (the ride can't even carry 254 people at once, hasn't got enough seats.)

• Like 2

@Wuis You really like crashing my perfectly fine working Rollercoasters huh? ;) 

I think it would have been better if you had just let me have a go at it. But seeing as you already put so much work in it, it would be a waste if you'd have to undo it all again. So I'll approve it. 

• Like 1

58e55e012f5ad_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-04-0523-12-36.thumb.png.76c83d090d73ce8f6f50bb2caa490a0d.png

Added the river rapids Monkey Business, referring to the novel Journey to the West which is widely known as Monkey. Wanted to add flat ride, wanted to add shops and toilets. But no time. :(

Claimed: -
Queue: @cascadia, Broxzier, Tune, BlazingEmpireHD, SpiffyJack, Wuis
Missed: jensj12, TCE, YoloSweggLord, Redscope53, giraty, Jochem

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.32.sv6

YES LEAGUE IS MY INTERNET FINGER
EDIT: ^Can't really explain why that is on my clipboard.

EDIT2: Ride needs mechanic, forgot.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 4