Group Park 5

Broxzier

In the bottom-right corner of the Object Selection window the filename/object ID is shown:

KoMWxAx.png

The load_object command can be supplied this ID to load the object into the currently loaded park. This needs to be in uppercase, for example: load_object IVMC1

Of course, opening the object selection and closing it again will crash the game, so it's handy to write the names down you want. I know this bug is annoying, and maybe when I have more time I can look into it. As far as I know, nobody is currently looking for a fix.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Tune said:

Hmm. The game seems to crash every time I try to add a ride using the object selector. :/ 

Anyone have an idea what could cause this? It's only happening in the Group Park save. 

Try reverting back to the stable version of ORCT2 and adding the ride, save, and then revert back.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Broxzier said:

In the bottom-right corner of the Object Selection window the filename/object ID is shown:

KoMWxAx.png

The load_object command can be supplied this ID to load the object into the currently loaded park. This needs to be in uppercase, for example: load_object IVMC1

Of course, opening the object selection and closing it again will crash the game, so it's handy to write the names down you want. I know this bug is annoying, and maybe when I have more time I can look into it. As far as I know, nobody is currently looking for a fix.

You can actually quit to the main screen to get around the crash.

• Like 3

I didn't have a lot of inspiration this time, so didn't do too much.

I decorated one station for the Skyway. The one near the Beardy Axe and the Sweaty Saw.

58e1549546b6e_2017-04-0219_21_32-OpenRCT2.png.e8de4535639cd029558b79289f26fee4.png

Also I added a Bobsled coaster next to the flying Panda.

58e154991716a_2017-04-0219_21_16-OpenRCT2.thumb.png.65c2b1742cae2491da79fcedcc7ba49e.png

I'm not quite happy with the decorations of the bobsled yet, but I also couldn't figure out what to add to it.

Maybe I'll work a bit more on it next time. If anyone has any good ideas they're also welcome to add to it. 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.31.sv6

Claimed
Queue: @Jochem Wuis, Cascadia, Broxzier, Tune
Missed: jensj12, TCE, YoloSweggLord, Redscope53, UTMAN, SpiffyJack, giraty

• Like 2

Claimed: Cascadia
Queue: @Jochem Wuis, Cascadia, Broxzier, Tune
Missed: jensj12, TCE, YoloSweggLord, Redscope53, UTMAN, SpiffyJack, giraty

Claiming the park quickly to fix a pathing issue created by @Tune not providing a direct path to the new coaster (no offense, Tune, just wanted to bring the problem to your awareness). 

Edited by cascadia
  • Like 2

Praise the Gymnasiast!

Also, no offense Tune, but that coaster just doesn't work in this game without the option which makes for no brakedowns. Cars easily get stuck in the first bit by either not getting on to the chainlift or by hugging each other on the chainlift causing a crash somewhat further on the ride, same goes for the other chainlift. I've yet to see the coaster in action, but I doubt that it'd be safe in it's current state. You should really try to work with block brakes on every coaster as you can easily allow for coasters to have a drop before the coaster goes on the chain. I get that you want to keep a ride to keep having speed, I really do, but if you add chainlifts and block brakes on good spots, it only makes to a negligible loss of speed. You should really only just use the continuous circuit mode when there is no way the coaster could crash.

(That is pretty much when your min. wait time is just about longer than the time it takes for the last car of a train to get on the chain lift, no chain lifts after this and just in case just a few brakes before the station. Though there are some other possibilities, they are increasingly higher though.)

EDIT: Sorry for totally nerding out and being mean. Not my proudest message, but I felt it had to be said, more so in general though.

EDIT2: Tune, you are a nice person and this is by no way personal. Maybe I'm also kinda mad that I was already planning to build a river rapids there and now it's been made significantly more difficult. ;; 

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

good... then i did good... @Jochem .... it's still not Blue.... how can I mess this up?

I don't know man, but i've received your message ;). Im claiming it tomorrow after a night of well deserved sleep and school... So anyone in the missed turn list can claim it if they want to. I can work on it in about 16 hours ;D

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

good... then i did good... @Jochem .... it's still not Blue.... how can I mess this up?

Try using the drop down menu to select Jochem when you type @jo to see if that allows you to make sure it's blue every time. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, cascadia said:

Try using the drop down menu to select Jochem when you type @jo to see if that allows you to make sure it's blue every time. 

Thanks @cascadia... i'm not a forum kind of guy.... i do what i do and hope its good enough... hey look at that, cascadia is blue :D ... see, im not all dumb.