Group Park 5

Broxzier

As an eco-friendly company, you can't have your employees have lunch behind their computer screens, so they encourage them to go outside. For this, they built a small park right next to the main building, with plenty of space to sit. For the die-hards, there even is a place to sit while it's raining (and for the employee whose skin burns when the sunlight touches it). Meanwhile, another project was in the making: A safety rails for The Hobbit Experience. Up until now, the boats magically made a turn where needed in the lake, but nobody understood how that worked. For safety reasons, they were asked to alter the track, which the park refused. As a compromise to this decision, they built a steel fence around it, to guide the boats into the right direction. This shut up the complaining officers.

6ZFrjkU.png  hO8EJY2.png

Claimed:
Queue: @giraty, Tune, Jochem, Wuis, Cascadia, Broxzier
Missed: jensj12, TCE, YoloSweggLord, Redscope53, UTMAN, SpiffyJack

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.30.sv6

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

@giratyMeanwhile, another project was in the making: A safety rails for The Hobbit Experience. Up until now, the boats magically made a turn where needed in the lake, but nobody understood how that worked. For safety reasons, they were asked to alter the track, which the park refused. As a compromise to this decision, they built a steel fence around it, to guide the boats into the right direction. This shut up the complaining officers.

I've always thought that there were hidden guide rails to which the bottom of the boat was attached to...

22 minutes ago, joshmarsilio said:

I am completely unable to open any of these "group park 5" files. Maybe it's because i don't have any expansion packs installed? Could it be any other reason? I get could the small red box message "unable to open file... game save failed!"

First: Does the file have an extension  .sv6 ? if not, add .sv6 to the file name and try to open again.

Second: Do you use the Launcher to start OpenRCT2? if not, install or add the launcher so you know your version is up to date.

Third: Double check where your game save file are. Make sure OpenRCT2 didn't start a virtual file location under your users\AppData\Virtual Store folder.

Number 1 and or 2 should fix you.. Number 3 is just something you want to avoid as far as not being able to save games.

I guess I should ask... Are you having problems with any other game files?

I just opened them all with no problem... I'm guessing you have an internal issue if what I mentioned doesn't work... At that point we will do the next step :D 

Edited by SpiffyJack

So, i downloaded the demo .exe file at the link you gave me. The file was around 500 mbs.. I extracted it to c:\program files\openRCT2. I got errors (could not copy files over and over...). I suspect i have to extract the file to a different folder, but the instructions are telling me to extract it to c:\programfiles\openrct2, which is what i did and it didn't install. By the way i have 3 rct2 folders 1 is C:\Program Files\OpenRCT2, 2 is C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (my vanilla/CompactDisc official game folder), and 3 is C:\Users\Josh\Documents\OpenRCT2 (where most of my save files go maybe because windows vista splits the openrct2 folder to place some files in the "documents" folder it does this to other games too. I don't know if everyone else's computer does this but mine often puts game files in both c:\programfiles\gamename and also in  C:\Users\name\documents folder.

Edited by joshmarsilio

Now im extracting the .zip file from the address you gave me and im attempting to merge it with my folder C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, and it's asking if i want to replace all kinds of critical files with the newer ones. I don't know what to do because i don't want to completely destroy my current setup... Any way i'll try cautiously to figure it out on my own unless you have advice thanks.

Edited by joshmarsilio

So which of these 3 folders do i extract to? 

17 minutes ago, joshmarsilio said:

By the way i have 3 rct2 folders 1 is C:\Program Files\OpenRCT2, 2 is C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (my vanilla/CompactDisc official game folder), and 3 is C:\Users\Josh\Documents\OpenRCT2

i'm guessing it's #2?

Edited by joshmarsilio

The linked page says to your OpenRCT2 directory, so the third one you listed. The zip does contain a ObjData folder, which you should rename to object, I think. I haven't tried them myself though.

If you keep having trouble, I suggest moving this to a new thread.

Edited by Broxzier
12 minutes ago, Tune said:

Hmm. The game seems to crash every time I try to add a ride using the object selector. :/ 

Anyone have an idea what could cause this? It's only happening in the Group Park save. 

No idea, had the same thing but then with adding decorations, took 30 minutes to get that Panda up there. xD

I know you can add rides through the console but not sure how that works, if you search a bit you should be able to find something about it. I think Cascadia or Broxzier even mentioned it in this topic but not sure.

• Like 1