Group Park 5

Broxzier

I made a mining train in the desert. Along with two smaller wild-west themed rides and some decorations. Only I'm not sure what's the best way to connect this area to the main path. O.o

Also I renamed a bunch of my attractions I forgot to name last time. :D

58bf11f4ee24b_2017-03-0720_52_06-OpenRCT2.thumb.png.d14d350b03becbeb42b86a0d1fb0d97a.png

If anyone wants to add more to this area or edit it: be my guest. :) 

Claimed: 
Queue: @cascadia, Broxzier, Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune
Missed: jensj12, Philmon11, UTMAN, Jochem, TCE

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.14a.sv6

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Tune said:

5.15b actually. Cause I forgot to update it on my first post. 😅

only if @Broxzier is ok with this (but i doubt it). He clearly said that minor changes needs to have a dot and another number (or more precise: it was written on wikipedia).

But maybe he just dont like what i do ^_^

1 hour ago, Tune said:

I still think it would be a better system if we just added another 'o' to OpenRCT2 in the file name every update.

We'd be at The OooooooooooooooopenRCT2 Group Park.sv6 by now. 

I fully support this nomenclature system and think it should be implemented right away.

Edited by YoloSweggLord
  • Like 2

Regarding the file save name... from a personal standpoint adding a letter to the file name should only be used for your own progressive saves if that what you like to do. As far as a group file save name, the file posted when your done should follow the file you saved by one digit. Ie: you save 5.14, your upload file will be 5.15 regardless of how minor of major of a change. From my understanding it's much easier to track progress of a file and it's easier to revert back to a prior save file if a future file gets corrupted we can fall back. If the file gets to 5.99, then at that point a digit will be added such as 5.00.01 and the reason is you don't want 5.100 because the 3 digit extention will drop the .sv6 and it render the file as non compatible unless you add the .sv6. 

In summary, one digit per turn per person regardless of changes involved. Ie: pathing conflict change? Yes it's quick and easy, but the digit still expanded to show the file was indeed updated. 

Just my confusing two cents :D 

Edited by SpiffyJack

Kinda like the difference between Minecraft's release and snapshot systems, though less confusing.

If you look at the last letter of a snapshot name it'll normally be somethen between 'a' and 'f'. Where as release and patches generally funtion as, say, 1.11    1.11.1    1.11.2

48 minutes ago, imlegos said:

Kinda like the difference between Minecraft's release and snapshot systems, though less confusing.

If you look at the last letter of a snapshot name it'll normally be somethen between 'a' and 'f'. Where as release and patches generally funtion as, say, 1.11    1.11.1    1.11.2

Letters do work. But once you start with letters, you must continue with letters. ie: 5.14a must become 5.14b to designate file update. Now at this point, once you get to 'z' (keep in mind when using letters, 'O' and 'I' are never used) the double digit would become 'aa' - 'ab' - 'ac' etc... 

Technically a letter is used to add an addendum to a specific fix pertaining a specific item or area. Ie: You have 2 rides, one is 1.0 and two is 2.0 and both rides are combined in GP1.0. Changes get made to ride one thus 1.0 can become 1.0a if your using letters but the updated master file would still update to GP1.1. 

Most of the confusion between combining letters and numbers is when letters are used, there's always the question of 'is this the last letter?'... and yes to address to @imlegos typically the letters will range between A and F.. kind of like reading building codes or addendum in construction documents... 

There's going to be a pop qiz later  :D 

7 hours ago, Broxzier said:

It would be 5.15a, but b is good too. The letter is just to indicate that nothing big has been created since 5.14, but that it's a fixed version of 5.15.

Did I ever offend you?

No. And i hope, i didnt offend you as well.

I just want to learn new things and you change the rules all the time. Its just difficult to learn something new under those circumstance. You may know, that im still new here and try to adapt to this forum. And the more rules are dynamicly changeing, the more difficult it is for me.

If we could agree to a constant line, that dosn't change, i would be a very happy fox :D

The nameing is not constant, because according to wikipedia, you can do it like this and this and this ....by now i know more different types of version naming than there are actual programming languages on earth.

How about this:

For the next group park, you should write down all neccesary information. I could help you with some sort of Q&A list if you like. Im well trained in finding exploits in rules, games and real-life ;). I will closely what this round and try find every inconsistent. After it is finished, i'll give you a list and the next project sould work a lot smoother, i think.

Btw:

There is a big difference between "offended" and "confused". Im only confused, because im just not sure, how to name it. You can even call me "f**k furry" and im not offended (and i still respect, that in international forums, i have to censor swearwords-> you dont have to this in german forums (you dont get banned at least, if its not spammed), because i dont give a f**k :D) Its basicly impossible to offend someone from germany.  So dont worry about offending me. The only thing that could happen is, that im rofl'ing in the cornor ;)

(I think i have told you that befor somewhere here...)

Just dont believe the news and our politics... they dont represent us very well ...

Edited by Foxy

@Foxy Don't worry, I'm not offended, I'm just wondering what makes you think I won't agree with someone and why I would not like your stuff. The way the group park versioning have been picked hasn't changed since the first park. In general I don't want to set too many rules, so that everyone has enough freedom. When there is something that's not clear, I'll try to make it so, and obviously things can change based on everyone's feedback. You were confused, which means something wasn't clear, but I hope it's clear now. If not, then I can provide some examples of how it should be.

Btw: I live a 15 minutes ride from the German border, and I know some that are very easily offended. :P

• Like 1

58c25038acbc6_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-03-0922-21-23.png.4531ba315b62f3e038e46abad96b9a5e.png

-Built two rides where guests can ride dolphins- a underwater ride where guests wear scuba tanks, and a surface ride for guests who prefer to remain somewhat dry and above the water

-Built paths to connect closed areas of the park and opened all the rides there

-Built a combination monorail station/ office building

-Built buildings for all building-less stalls that don't fit the area

-Built an employee swimming pool

-Hid an Easter Egg somewhere in the park- post here if you have any guesses at all!

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.16.sv6

Claimed:  -
Queue:  @Broxzier, Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune
Missed: jensj12, Philmon11, UTMAN, Jochem, TCE, Cascadia

@jensj12  @Philmon11  @UTMAN  @Jochem  @TCE

Putting myself in the missed queue since I'll be busy for a while. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Tune said:

Thanks for building the path to the sandy area. :D

Is the Easter Egg maybe the underwater hamburger stall?

Sure thing!

Ding ding ding.  It's a secret lair of a member of another forum (put in that member as an in-joke).

1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

Claiming!

Won't it be dangerous to have dolphins in the same lake as where planes will be landing soon? :P

The dolphins are trained to deal with this.  ;)

• Like 1

Claimed:  giraty
Queue:  Broxzier, Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune
Missed: jensj12, Philmon11, UTMAN, Jochem, TCE, Cascadia

I would like to claim it. I have an idea about my coaster station and feared I would forget about it if I let it in brain for too long and I hope Broxzier is still at stand-by mode :P

Edited by giraty