Group Park 5

Broxzier

58b1ca1c718c9_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2519-08-44.thumb.png.e28f665591c27842fdea8d6631f18439.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.09.sv6

Claimed
Queue: @FoxyUTMAN, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier, Wuis
Missed: YoloSweggLord, jensj12, Philmon11

I had a lot of problems with cso because there's too much so I don't know what to use anymore. I made a little dueling coaster, 4D cinema and food plaza. Will try to give a more in depth view of changes, but I'll have to check what's still there as the game crashed when I was 90% done( Dang you object selection) so I'll check for all minor changes which are still present.

• Like 1

looks good. RMC on a minicoaster. I know a lot of people, that might get upset with that :D

But im not one of those :3

Claimed: Foxy
Queue:  UTMAN, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier,  Wuis

I think i need more than one turn, so dont expect something working this weekend. :/

(You know, im trying to recreate RCT2 in Nolimits... Now this project is the opposite. Recreating something from Nolimits in RCT2.)

Edited by Foxy

Half-time

feedback needed:

58b20c4f02d38_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2523-57-12.png.27d47e6344b35f7f7010582f4f7efeaf.png

The color for the wall is based on the go-Kart-building and the roof on the "Park" sign.

58b20c54dc855_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2523-58-50.png.129b51f1278c6d7c7febdfdb32e99505.png

Its a "Gothic-Medival-Fantasy-GameOfThrones-NeuSchwanstein-Hybrid-Castle"... or something like that :/

(click on URL to see the pictures)

Had to re-route the monorail. But i think its a cool feature to let the monorail go through the entrance.

I let it like it is right now and one of you could add some more details to it.

The top looks a bit strange, but i didn't want to put even more weight on the two towers. It already might be at the maximum, the base could support.

I also tried merging blocks into each other at the arcing (secound pic), but there was some terrible z-fighing going on and it ended up looking better with that small gap between the arcs.

Need to take a break because its: 0:20h UTC+1

Have a nice day/Night/Whatever :D

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 2

Sorry, this was literally"Crash-City". OpenRCT couldnt even create dump-files for some reason. Thats why i took a bit longer than expected.

Anyway: I'll wait with the entrance and see what all of you can do with it as well. Actually: i dont really want to build it all alone.

The main attraction is not finished, but i think i came up with the perfect solution. There is also a secoundary attraction running right now.

Now: Let me tell you a Story... (maybe not 100% accurate)

Its the story about Artorias and his companion: sif_bg2.png :D

As suddenly the abbys breaks out in Oolacile, Lorg Gwyn gave Artorias the order to stop the abyss from spreading out any further and rescue princess dusk. And so knight Artorias and Sif ventured to Oolacile to face the thread, but sadly the did not succeed. Artorias got overwhelmd by the abyss, that infected his heart. Feeling, that he more and more looses control over himself, his final act was to create a protective barrier around Sif to protect her, befor he absorbed the wholeness of the abyss. This stopped the thread, but also cost his life.

Living with the knowlage, that Artorias saved her, watching him becomming husk, only capeable of screams racked with pain... she kept the ring of Artorias, knowing, that many will try to traverse the abyss, and defends her masters grave.

... Praise the Sun!

Changelog The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.1:

image.php

There are 2 placeholders for custom objects: Sif and Great-Sword. I will try to create an animation for it, that will fill the entire circle around the grave.

Soo, keep some clearance please, because this wolf is quite furious with the sword :>

Claimed
Queue:  @UTMAN, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier, Wuis, Foxy

Download:

http://flash-fox.de/rct2/group/download/The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.1.sv6/The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.1.sv6

http://flash-fox.de/rct2/group/download/

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.10.sv6

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1

You know you can just upload the parks here, right? The version should be 5.10, not 5.1. I'm not sure if non-generic scenery like the signs and the to-be-wolves is a good idea. They cannot be reused in the rest of the park, and take up an object slot each. With GP2 and 3 we managed to hit the limit early on.

• Like 1

I agree- the custom signs should be removed in favor of custom scenery that can be used elsewhere in the park.   The slide is awesome, through- too bad the ratings can't be permanently manually adjusted right now to fit the RL excitement and intensity factor on it...

Edited by cascadia
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

The version should be 5.10, not 5.1. 

This is not a version at all.

Version increment goes like this: 5.x.x and not 5.10 The next one should be: 5.1.1

otherwise we would end up with something like: 5.1337. The best way is to keep the numbers to 1 digit maximum at all time and seperate them for readability.

:D

For the signs: I thought i had them removed. They were only used for the screenshots. Not sure, why you actually could download them... >.> 

@cascadia @Broxzier

The new version should be uploaded by now. I would be happy, if you remove the .DAT from your objects-folder, because they are never ment to be used in public. 

FOXSIG01.DAT

FOXSIG02.DAT

Sometimes, the Object editor dosn't removes or adds items.

And why should i upload them here? Its easier for me to let my webserver automaticly put a screenshot together and store them in a download list. Or is it against a rules of openRCT2?

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Version increment goes like this: 5.x.x and not 5.10 The next one should be: 5.1.1

Don't think of it as a decimal number, each number next to a dot is a different number. The corresponding numbers are usually called Release, Major, Minor and Build. Check out this Wikipedia page about versioning, and especially the Incrementing sequences part.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Foxy said:

And why should i upload them here? Its easier for me to let my webserver automaticly put a screenshot together and store them in a download list. Or is it against a rules of openRCT2?

(Only saw this edit just now) Please don't take it as offense, I was just saying. In case you change things up on your server, all links you've posted here will be broken, while for files attached to a message here on the forums will keep working, even after an update.

• Like 1

@Broxzier ... :D

I was ansering something to @cascadia, when you replied. And then chrome crashed. This forum is strange :D

Ok ontopic:

it wasnt meant to be offensive. There are a lot websites with really strange rules (mostly hidden somewhere, deep in the archives). That was a legit question to prevent myself from getting any more trouble... It takes a lot to offend me (no one ever managed to do that) :D  (but when it happens, the website that offended me would be wiped off the internet...)

And dont worry about the URLs. I have created a script, that will prevent that. The only thing i can't prevent is a server-downtime, but same goes for your website as well.

How about a double upload?

I'll edit my post from erlier in a few minutes. The upload takes a lot longer on this server. We have a Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line in germany... its a pain in the a''

I could make a meal while uploading a bigger file. :D And because my server is closer, i dont have to send those files over the atlantic or over some nodes (e.g: england) Those are points, where everything gets slowed down >.>

EDIT:

Is the new version now without additional signs? For me it is (like the first one, too...)

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

*img snip*

Is this too BIG? supports will be reduced to minimum with complete scenery... I need to know... it holds 496 peeps also. I must know .. thanks

Im ok with it. Looks equally sized as the other rides.

But the boats can't fly off those curves, can they? Never tired it.

I think i have never seen a ride explode, until i reached Fiasco Forrest... wasn't prepared for that *lol*

if you ask me: you can make it a bit bigger and let the boats bleed off some speed befor going into a turn.  (e.g: a bridge to the other side of the canyon)

But you dont have to. Its your ride after all.

Edit:

The approximation of the stats of my work-in-progress-Ride: "Sif - Artoria's Companion"

Forgot it to attach :>

Zwischenablage01.jpg.4752120186066d82871df75b85414ebf.jpg

The final values might be a bit higher. I try to get it up to 9.0 with scenary for my next turn.

... Im just thinking on continuing this theme-setting. rct2 + addons might have all assets for a dark-souls area. :>

Edited by Foxy
12 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Im ok with it. Looks equally sized as the other rides.

But the boats can't fly off those curves, can they? Never tired it.

I think i have never seen a ride explode, until i reached Fiasco Forrest... wasn't prepared for that *lol*

if you ask me: you can make it a bit bigger and let the boats bleed off some speed befor going into a turn.  (e.g: a bridge to the other side of the canyon)

But you dont have to. Its your ride after all.

Edit:

The approximation of the stats of my work-in-progress-Ride: "Sif - Artoria's Companion"

Forgot it to attach :>

Zwischenablage01.jpg.4752120186066d82871df75b85414ebf.jpg

The final values might be a bit higher. I try to get it up to 9.0 with scenary for my next turn.

... Im just thinking on continuing this theme-setting. rct2 + addons might have all assets for a dark-souls area. :>

Thanks.. It will top 9 for sure when done... it's not my turn yet though and this is conservative.

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

This is not a version at all.

otherwise we would end up with something like: 5.1337. The best way is to keep the numbers to 1 digit maximum at all time and seperate them for readability.

:D

For the signs: I thought i had them removed. They were only used for the screenshots. Not sure, why you actually could download them... >.> 

@cascadia @Broxzier

The new version should be uploaded by now. I would be happy, if you remove the .DAT from your objects-folder, because they are never ment to be used in public. 

FOXSIG01.DAT

FOXSIG02.DAT

Sometimes, the Object editor dosn't removes or adds items.

Those objects downloaded when I saved it earlier... was that supposed to happen?

33 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

@X7123M3-256 

What is IRL?.. 

i think it was a synonym for: "in real-life" or "in reality".

here from wikipedia:

800px-Shoot_the_Rapids.jpg

it goes some distant straight befor the turn. X7 just said, they would fall off in reality.

--------------------

And no: those files should not be part of the download. oRCT didnt remove them, after i de-selected them. It seems to be bugged sometimes.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

i think it was a synonym for: "in real-life" or "in reality".

here from wikipedia:

800px-Shoot_the_Rapids.jpg

it goes some distant straight befor the turn. X7 just said, they would fall off in reality.

--------------------

And no: those files should not be part of the download. oRCT didnt remove them, after i de-selected them. It seems to be bugged sometimes.

Thanks... I don't have the file claimed, so I was mainly using it for my bounderies. For all I know, that space won't be available when I claim.. :D