Group Park 5

Broxzier

@cascadia Excellent!

Answers or opinions are most welcome here :) 

Since this is my first rodeo, I need to self clarify my own boundaries because I tend to build BIG :)

1.  800 tiles for ie. = 20 x 40 tiles as a block vs. holes within the block and spread out? 

2.  Does 2 turns = 1600 tiles? 3 turns = 2400 on so...?

3.  Regarding transport rides as it's kind of a strong point for me,  Park-wide transport rides are an exception .. Please elaborate. I could transport the entire map in one turn and I certainly do not want to overstep the rules. Not to mention, maybe its just a bad idea that has been done before and it got just in the way.

Thanks in advance :D

• A maximum of 800 tiles may be covered in one turn (measured in squares, not tile-by-tile).
  • Limit the number of new attractions:
    1. Max 1 coaster per two turns
    2. Max 1 tracked ride per turn
    3. Max 3 rides in total
      Example: 1 coaster, 1 tracked ride, and 1 flat ride is allowed
      Park-wide transport rides are an exception
    4. No excessive stall placement
  • Making minor changes to things made by others is allowed.
  • Making major changes is not, unless given permission.
  • Always provide a path to the area behind your used area (the map edges being an exception).
21 minutes ago, giraty said:

I like the light effect but in my laptop whem I turn it on, the FPS drops to below 5 (yes, five) and option screens lags to come out

Yeah, mine lags when I turn it on too, it's in development though so will eventually properly work. Great feature however.

58ab169a89985_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2017-16-26.thumb.png.219f087d0f81a1eb6bebde353447c04f.png

@cascadia

Just an idea, but the looping coaster, twister coaster, junior coaster and I think the corkscrew coaster too- have the booster element which works rather well in this situation. You can make it speed up in water like it does in real life and even implement some inversions if you want to. If then the track is made invisble, it'll look awesome. I'd recommend for capacity wise to put some block sections (where they won't stop) throughout the ride either by tire lifts or block brakes as the ride takes quite a while to get back to the station and it's hard to make a long station.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, cascadia said:

The coaster will only be made invisible once it's done.

Ah! i get it now. Awesome :D

EDIT:

@Broxzier

Can't add new objects, that i might need for my turn.58ac0a797edda_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2110-35-40.png.221b264c6407d0fdd6e7340ed019eca4.png

same goes for scene objects. Good that i tested it already :)

It dosn't matter, what i add.

Edited by Foxy

Aaaaand done. For now at least :P So during my turn I've build part of the area where some of the staff work. They're keeping the stocks for the entire park up, you don't want your park to run out of balloons of course. Well, they're responsible for keeping track of the sales, and then there's the storage and the cars making sure everything is where it should be.

58b09b1c0c664_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2421-42-47.thumb.png.7defaa557c86b06b776f2cc05ca94844.png

Claimed: -
Queue: @Foxy, UTMAN, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier
Missed: Wuis, YoloSweggLord, jensj12, Philmon11

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.08.sv6

• Like 4

Claimed: Wuis
Queue: Foxy, UTMAN, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier
Missed: YoloSweggLord, jensj12, Philmon11

Looking very neat Broxzier, might get some paths for staff up. :o 

Note: Why are there no blue windows on the farthest left and right of the building in the front?

Edited by Wuis
56 minutes ago, Wuis said:

Note: Why are there no blue windows on the farthest left and right of the building in the front?

That's the reflection of the roads!

It's because I cheat. There's no place for a glass wall.

85S0atO.png

But now that I think of it, the glass cube might work here.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Aaaaand done. For now at least :P So during my turn I've build part of the area where some of the staff work. They're keeping the stocks for the entire park up, you don't want your park to run out of balloons of course. Well, they're responsible for keeping track of the sales, and then there's the storage and the cars making sure everything is where it should be.

Looks great! Thats the kind of detail I'd like to see in GP5, as GP4 didn't have any like that.

~Edit~ Just booted it up. Those moving trucks.. Bravo good sir, bravo...

Edited by RedScope53

@Broxzier

i have tested something. Not sure if you like this idea:

(name/description is also multi lingual -> only those who are supported by the object creator)

I will add those to the scenary tab later, on my claim.

58b191fe278be_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2515-15-10.png.4bdd53e615b91995155bfcb7b9f78f4d.png

(The first entry {steep slide helix} was a faild attempt)

I also take suggestions for more small enhancements :D

Edited by Foxy