Saltwater Gardens - 40x40

brokenwire

This time I'm trying to start a bigger project.  My park will be very limited concerning theming items and attractions (only vanilla RCT). Also the size is not that big, but I think that's not important. I decided to not just present you the result of my work, instead I want that you actively take part of it. That means by giving feedback of course. I'll give my best to implement your advices into my park.

First off: I wan't to plan building this park beforehand. I decided to list all the items that I have in stock, because then you maybe can give better tips and get a better overview of it. So to start, here is a list of available attractions & items for my project:

Attractions

• Miniature Railroad
  • Car Ride
  • Ferris Wheel
  • Boat Hire
  • Giga Coaster
  • Motion Simulator
  • River Rapids
  • Top Spin
  • All stalls (except for the Chinese ones)

Objects

• Walls: wood, glas, brick, concrete
  • Roofs: standard roofs, canvas, bricked and this church thing
  • Greenery: all flowers, some bushes, 12 trees
  • Other: all mining items, canon + balls, a statue, some bones and water elements

I haven't started the scenario yet, but I finished the entrance area:

up1.png

And here is my plan for the park. I tried to color the most important decisions. Explanation below...

newproject.png

Colors

• White: pathway
  • Red/Purple: railway
  • Yellow: giga coaster
  • Pink: Boats
  • Blue (mountainside): river rapids

I always wanted to build a coaster that not just stands there but is perfectly integrated in the park. Maybe I achieve it this time. As you can see the mountain has some ice blocks standing out of it. I did it to make the whole thing a little bit more interesting and sorta mystical, but I'm a little bit unsure If I can leave it like that.

Edited by brokenwire
Grammar, stuff
  • Like 2

The giga seems a bit all over the place, but if you keep it low to the ground and make buildings that it goes through can look very cool. I'd reccomend making the giga first with keeping in mind where you want to place rides. For a coaster that cooperates with the terrain, two words: Boulder Dash.

So far it looks really promising, just a bit curious how you will take on things.

• Like 1

I managed to put some work in this park today.

I've created a small bridge for the peeps to cross the railroad and another for the railroad to cross the water. Also I built a little boardwalk with 2 stalls alongside and the rowing boats attraction, hidden inside this (let's call it) fisherhouse. As @Wuis said I also started with the giga coaster. Good hint btw!

Saltwater Gardens 2017-02-01 00-21-42.png

Saltwater Gardens 2017-02-01 00-21-58.png

So.. tell me what you think and stay tuned for more updates.

PS: Next time I'll water the plants.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think it's the station too. If so, that's quite the start, drop so far down into a tunnel and then get back up to end up in brakes(?) and then a lift hill(?) or first some more airtime hills and swift turns(?)

For the rowing boats, if they end up getting stuck, you might want to put rails down and after doing so make them invisible with the tile inspector, this also provides for a more constant throughput. Though they obviously look better when rowing free over the water as they can go in any direction.

As last the train, which there is not much to see of, but I'm guessing you will put a station where the track currently ends. In the desert bit the train seems to be a bit dominant, but I don't know if it ever was the plan of yours to put an attraction down.

Keep it up! 

👍

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies. I've had to black out some areas because I don't want to spoiler anything unfinished. And I also think that adds a little excitement to it.

On 1.2.2017 at 19:03, imlegos said:

From the looks of things, It's a building, likely housing the Giga's station and a bit of track.

On 1.2.2017 at 20:26, Wuis said:

Yeah, I think it's the station too. If so, that's quite the start, drop so far down into a tunnel and then get back up to end up in brakes(?) and then a lift hill(?) or first some more airtime hills and swift turns(?)

For the rowing boats, if they end up getting stuck, you might want to put rails down and after doing so make them invisible with the tile inspector, this also provides for a more constant throughput. Though they obviously look better when rowing free over the water as they can go in any direction.

As last the train, which there is not much to see of, but I'm guessing you will put a station where the track currently ends. In the desert bit the train seems to be a bit dominant, but I don't know if it ever was the plan of yours to put an attraction down.

Keep it up! 

👍

I'm sorry but I have to disappoint you here. The building would be too high and the overall space in this area is too narrow to house a whole station in it. I just conducted the track through it, in some way.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out if they ever get stuck. Nothing happened yet. 

The station of the giga will be on the opposite edge of the mountain. Theres enough space to put up a larger building. I've made some little advances and added some more greens to the, let's call it pond. Also not to forget the bridge and the finish of this small white house. I also opened the ferris wheel. I think theres nothing much to theme around a ferris wheel, so I'll just leave it like that. The black areas are (as I've said before) on the one hand unfinished and on the other hand results I'm not fully convinced of yet. At this time I regret that I chose 40x40..

5893cd93ba911_SaltwaterGardens2017-02-0301-04-52.thumb.png.d5fb12529f2893c5a1c50fb265a2a4e3.png

• Like 2

I like the blackout idea... it instantly reminded me of "Total Annihilation" <~~~ another favorite legacy game I enjoyed in the past and present) and "Age of Empires" when the maps were blacked out until conquered and it always added the element of surprise. 

Which makes we want to propose an idea to make blacked out maps/scenarios that reveal when additional land is purchased to expand the existing land provided. Also as land is opened up you may come across a broken or to be finished coaster or stall or maybe a different type of theme or scenery to be utilized or sold for extra bank funds etc... 

• Like 2
On 3.2.2017 at 09:01, Wuis said:

You can alsways expand the map to a 50x50 or even a 75x75 in sandbox mode if you really want a bigger map.

Thanks for the hint, but I think I'll just do a larger map in the next project.

The park slowly arrives at a state where it's finished. What I need to built now are only some more food stalls, the rapids and the station building for the giga coaster. In the meantime I finished both railway stations and added some glass walls around the top spin. I wasn't really satisfied with it at the beginning, but now I must admit that I like it very much. But see for yourself.

In my last image I was just playing around with my image editor. It's a building where the motion simulator is housed in (and of course a cookie bakery!). It's themed like the paddle boats station.

5899037770c16_SaltwaterGardens2017-02-0623-39-57.thumb.png.476a5fb18f2de7a92655a9562fd9caf4.png

58990369702b5_SaltwaterGardens2017-02-0623-40-55.thumb.png.dbd2a0a0753ba331b5b8c344c7c42c06.png

5899036f1765a_SaltwaterGardens2017-02-0623-40-43.png.f1bdc563310ab97db1e37a64c0d355ff.png

Leave a comment if you want :-)

Edited by brokenwire
regular grammar
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

2 weeks have past by, since my last update and I couldn't get a hand on my park until now.

I finished building the river rapids and some stalls near the entrance of the attraction. 

What I like most of the theming is the steel housing in the back of the first picture. My next goal is to finish the station building of the giga coaster. Sadly every attraction made it into this park except the car ride. I just can't find the right place for it. I think I'll leave this one out.

58ae03cb285b6_SaltwaterGardens2017-02-2222-18-46.thumb.png.981aec5ad7f3414daac0f26c16c58b7d.png

58ae03d42cf31_SaltwaterGardens2017-02-2222-21-01.thumb.png.adab112b0b35c1669f94bb65337b72e6.png

Edited by brokenwire
cosmetics
  • Like 5

i like this river rapid version. Its so compact.

but im not a really big fan of this s-bend for the hyper coaster. It always looks like the engineers couldn't calculate it correctly *lol*

Maybe, in reality, it would be banked to the left and right... Its really a shame, that RCT2 dosnt provide the assets for banked s-bent turns.

• Like 1