Modifying a scenario doesn't change the description.

Earl

For whatever reason, when I try to enter the details and scenario description and whatnot it won't actually change what is shown in the Scenario Selector.
Idk if this belongs here or in problems and feedback but whatever. There's probably something simple I overlooked so any suggestions are welcome.

29 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Do you have a scenario text object loaded? Those override the scenario name and description and you won't be able to change it in the scenario editor unless you unload it.

Mind telling me how to unload it please?

16 minutes ago, Earl said:

Mind telling me how to unload it please?

In OpenRCT2 (but not in vanilla), scenario text objects appear in the object selection dialog, so you can load/unload them there the same way you load any other object. I don't think most people bother with these in custom scenarios, so it's only really if your scenario is based on a default one that you need to do this.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1

Let's take this one step at  time. You have an existing scenario created either you or someone else - Correct?

Do you want to change the Park Name, Scenario Name, the Park/Scenario details or all of them? this

How are you currently trying to change them?

Let's assume you have finished making whatever changes to the old park and want to rename the park.

1. Save the existing scenario with a different name like XYZ1.

2. Click on the Red toolbox and select "Convert Saved Game to Scenario".

3. Select your saved game (XYZ1).

4. Change the Park Name, Scenario Name and details as you would like them to be.

5. In the top left hand corner, click on the gears, then "Object Selection.

6. On the top row all the to the right (looks like a newspaper) select it (Scenario description).

7. Now check to see if one of the boxes are checked - if so uncheck it.

8. You should now be able to save you new scenario.

If this doesn't work tell us what part you can't change and what it says.

There is an old program that allows you to look at all 721 modifiable slots and make changes. The main drawback to this program is that it makes ALL of the pieces available (NO RESEARCH).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Earl said:

On another note, the scenario doesn't seem to have it's own text object file...

Is it a scenario from the base game or one of the expansions? If so, it does have a text object, so make sure that's unloaded first. If not, then maybe upload the scenario here so we can have a look. The text object is the only thing I can think of that would prevent you changing the scenario name, so if it's definitely not loaded, then perhaps it's the result of a bug or corrupted file?

• Like 2

Sorry for the late reply, but it's actually remade RCT1 scenarios. I've just been injecting mods into them.
The reason why I'm trying to change the description though is because they supposedly are supposed to have prebuilt rides but they don't seem to...

Some coasters do not have an exact replicas in RCT2, mainly Mini & Junior coasters, also any of those with booster tracks in RCT1.

If you are using the latest "Develop" version from the launcher, try an download the RCT1 scenario again as many of the older versions didn't bring the rides along, just scenery.

What exactly are you trying to change the description of?

As @X7123M3-256 suggested upload the scenario so someone can look at it.

Edited by CharlieP
  • Like 1