Can Someone Help?

So I downloaded OpenRCT  a few months ago and LOVE it, a lot more freedom than the original game. My main problem is that I can't figure out the download to build through scenery. I've seen several parks where they build scenery over paths and attractions but I just can't figure out how to do it. If someone could make an easy little tutorial for me to install this mod/download that'd be amazingly helpful.

29 minutes ago, chase180924609 said:

So I downloaded OpenRCT  a few months ago and LOVE it, a lot more freedom than the original game. My main problem is that I can't figure out the download to build through scenery. I've seen several parks where they build scenery over paths and attractions but I just can't figure out how to do it. If someone could make an easy little tutorial for me to install this mod/download that'd be amazingly helpful.

There's no mod- it's a cheat in the game, assuming you want the ability to build scenery in the same already occupied by other scenery.  Go to options, click on the gear menu, and enable the cheat menu.  Click and hold on the cheat menu and select disable clearance checks.  This will allow you to build scenery anywhere without having to worry about clearance.  Make sure to turn it off after you're done, as leaving it on all the time can lead to weird effects.

If you just want to build scenery hanging in the air that does NOT occupy the space that other scenery is in, just hold down the shift key, adjust the height up or down, and build. 

• Like 1

I don't know of any "download" that allows you to build through scenery... if there is one you could show it to me.

I am actually having a problem myself building inside of a raised land mass at the moment. Right now, you can't, even if you disable clearance checks you still can't. You have to lower the land and then add blocks on top of what you placed to make it appear as if it is inside the land mass similar to something "inside of a cave".

You can, however, tunnel paths through land masses by clicking the second paths option in the paths menu called "construct bridge or tunnel path". Then click the directional arrows to direct the path.

Instructions for placing scenery: choose the object you want to place from the upper right hand side menu; click the icon with the "tree and the lamp", this is where scenery and objects are. Decide which object you plan to place and click on it with the left mouse button. Now you've chosen your object. Next, all you have to do to place the object is to move it around with the mouse and simply place it with the left mouse button. However, if you want to place an object in mid-air, on top of things, buildings, or paths, you have to also use the "shift" and "control" buttons with the mouse simultaneously. This gets a bit complicated but with practice you'll learn. Holding and releasing the shift and control buttons, sometimes just one or the other, and sometimes both control and shift together, will allow you to use the mouse to raise and lower objects and place them directly up against wall faces, on top of buildings, and even in places you never thought you could place an object. This is one of the toughest basic skills to learn. It also applies to placing rides and stalls. Try it out...

Remember... use the shift (left pointer finger) and control button (left thumb) with your left hand (if you are right handed) while moving and clicking the mouse with your right hand. Usually holding only the shift button is enough but in certain cases you will have to use control instead of shift and sometimes control and shift together at once.

Also; you should (but don't always have to) click the "x" box or use the "esc" button to get out of the "object placement mode" or any other "tool" mode when you are done, so you can then safely move the map around with the right mouse button without deleting whatever is under your tool, because the right mouse button is used for both dragging the map and deleting objects and paths.

Was this helpful, or did i completely misunderstand your question?

Edited by joshmarsilio
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, joshmarsilio said:

I don't know of any "download" that allows you to build through scenery... if there is one you could show it to me.

Yep, the only tool for building scenery in space already occupied by scenery (as opposed to building scenery on top of already existing scenery and rides, which you use the shift key for) is that disable clearance checks cheat.