Question

After feeling as if i may have made a complete fool of myself by posting my sub-par (compared to ne designs.com parks) parks and coasters on orct2.org, i have a question. If openrct2.org has only been around for 3 or 4 years now, when were these parks from n.e. designs.com created? Were they all created in the past 4 years? Where did everyone get their object files to build this complex scenery? How did they know which scenery groups to select? Was this scenery available in expansion sets before 2014? By the way i have only owned the game for about 3? years now.

-just curious

Some of these parks from nedesigns.com are really amazing!

Edited by joshmarsilio
4 hours ago, joshmarsilio said:

If openrct2.org has only been around for 3 or 4 years now, when were these parks from n.e. designs.com created?

They were created with vanilla RCT2, which has been around more than a decade (and sometimes RCT1, which has existed even longer). There are posts on NE more than a decade old, I wouldn't be surprised if it is as old as the game itself.

5 hours ago, joshmarsilio said:

Were they all created in the past 4 years?

No. OpenRCT2 is a relatively new thing for NE. (and 2014 isn't quite four years ago yet)

Where did everyone get their object files to build this complex scenery?

Same places they get it now (and others that have since gone offline). There are new objects being made all the time, but the bulk of those in widespread use predate OpenRCT2. OpenRCT2 also hasn't done anything to make custom content more flexible or easier to create so I'm not sure why this should be surprising.

How did they know which scenery groups to select?

There are workbenches with a selection of scenery preselected. Then you can just add in objects as you need them (this was done with ParkDat before OpenRCT2 existed).

Was this scenery available in expansion sets before 2014?

Most of the scenery they use is custom; expansion pack objects are pretty awful and rarely seen in parks on NE (but for some reason, they're all over the multiplayer servers).

• Like 2