how to create a vertical lift?

Just wondering, how this was made:

http://flash-fox.de/s/orct2/orct2_lift.webm (Not every browser supports webm, but only webm is small enough for my website... sorry) Works for me with Google Chrome.

Not sure, if i can upload the park... basicly its "fair use", because of the discussion. The park itself is very old. Probably uploaded a few years after the release of RCT2 :D

Here are 4 screenshots:

img0.png

img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

The ride itself is listed as "boat ride" as ride option, but everytime i try this with a rollercoaster, it starts to roll back. When i use the original RCT2, the Virginia Reel Car is perfectly in sync with the raft and it looks like a elevator. But in oRCT2 its not in sync. But for me it dosnt matter. i just need the vertical lift :D

As Broxzier said, this is almost certainly invisible vertical track. I can't think of any other way something like this would be done. Raft cars don't have sprites for verticals so they appear flat on the vertical track.

6 hours ago, Foxy said:

but everytime i try this with a rollercoaster, it starts to roll bac

Rollercoasters need lift hills. Did you enable chain lift on the vertical track?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Rollercoasters need lift hills. Did you enable chain lift on the vertical track?

I dont know, how to enable a chain lift on a vertical track. Only this giant boomerang (Déjàvu) has the ability for vertical lifts. But only backwards.  And im fine, when it looks like this:lift.jpg

My goal is to recreate a Nolimits 2 Park in open RCT2 (to use the screenshot of it, as a park map in Nolimits 2. And probably upload the open RCT2 park as well.)

Have tried the tile inspector.

An "unknown object" is used to hide those tracks. When i remove it, the track is visible, but there is no chainlift. The new question would be: how to enable a vertical chainlift :D

SCR2.png

Can i somehow replace tiles or force a chainlift with the cheat menu? This would enable so much more possibilities.

SCR1.png

28 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Can i somehow replace tiles or force a chainlift with the cheat menu? This would enable so much more possibilities.

Yes, there's an option for 'allow chain lifts on all track pieces" in the 4th tab of the cheats menu. You can also do it through the tile inspector by selecting the track piece from the list and checking the "chain lift" checkbox.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I dont know, how to enable a chain lift on a vertical track

Chain lifts are not a seperate track piece, they are a property that a track piece can have. Therefore you can hack a chain lift onto any track piece.

An "unknown object" is used to hide those tracks. When i remove it, the track is visible, but there is no chainlift

I think it's highly unlikely there is no chain lift set on that track; rafts are powered but they are painfully slow on verticals, as they weren't designed for that. To make this work with an unpowered ride like a coaster you need a chainlift, there's no alternative.

Normally the tile inspector will tell you if the selected track piece has a lift, but you seem to be using an old version that doesn't. If this is indeed the case, you will probably want to update, there are lots of useful features in the new one.

Can i somehow replace tiles or force a chainlift with the cheat menu?

No idea what you mean by "replace tiles". But you can force a chain lift, yes. If you have a recent version you can also do it through the tile inspector.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

in the 4th tab of the cheats menu

hmm. do you mean: "unlock operating limits" I tried this befor and i couldn't add a lift. SCR3.png

and for the tile inspector:

as you see in the other screenshots: i only have the "BH - Block Height / CH - Clearance Height / G -Ghoste flag / B - Broken flag / L - Last element for tile." There is no "CL - Chain lift flag (or however it should be called".

Version: 0.0.0.5

Oh my god... how many updates did i miss O.o Never imagined that this game gets updated this fast.

I'll try to find the launcher to stay up to date. I'll think, this will root out most of the questions i have. :D

this was really a stupid question. sorry to bother you with it >.<

Pixels 2017-01-04 20-13-45.png