Does this game have viruses?

Hey. I just gifted my friend who hosts his GMod server RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack so he can get OpenRCT2 for multiplayer to play with me sometimes. He scanned his laptop for viruses and found 4 detected viruses on his laptop and a virus located at C:\Windows\System32. His laptop has once been hacked by someone before when I was talking to him. I'm just wanting to know if this game will give him viruses on his computer?

17 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

This has been discussed before. OpenRCT2 does not have any viruses, and if someone tried to slip a virus into the coding, the OpenRCT2 devs would spot it and block it.

A spammer for suspicious "anti-virus" software popped up in that thread soon after (hence a post referencing a wall of text that was thankfully deleted by the mods), so I think the OP of the thread you linked to was probably actually another account of that spammer, paving the way for the spammer to try and scare people into giving them money.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, cascadia said:

A spammer for suspicious "anti-virus" software popped up in that thread soon after (hence a post referencing a wall of text that was thankfully deleted by the mods), so I think the OP of the thread you linked to was probably actually another account of that spammer, paving the way for the spammer to try and scare people into giving them money.

I remember that now, thanks for adding that.