Chain sprites on more track pieces

YoloSweggLord

Since chain lift pieces are just normal track pieces with the chain attribute, rather than separate track pieces entirely, couldn't we create more chain lift sprites for track pieces in G2.DAT? This way, if the renderer doesn't find a chain lift variant for a track piece in G1.DAT, it looks for a chain lift sprite in G2.DAT. I'd like to see these sprites at least on all available slopes for each track type.

Edited by YoloSweggLord
  • Like 1

I probably would get right on it but my laptop's broken, the backup I'm using is too slow for me to want to handle this on here. Once I get a new laptop (which might not be until Christmas) I could probably start on some chain sprites. Putting it here was more of a "is this possible" question, as I'm not 100% sure how it's affected by limits with the file structure. I'm assuming it's not.

47 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

Since chain lift pieces are just normal track pieces with the chain attribute, rather than separate track pieces entirely, couldn't we create more chain lift sprites for track pieces in G2.DAT?

Yep, all track paint code is implemented. You could even put them on track pieces that never have chain in the original game, like turns (the vertical drop coaster and Schwarzkopf looper could do with this). It'd be somewhat tedious, as the track paint code is currently duplicated for every ride, but it could absolutely be done now. I think the main difficulty is making the sprites.