Any backwards ports of WW/TT scenarios to base game?

When I downloaded the ported WW/TT objects to the base game from here, I later found the scenario descriptions for the WW/TT scenarios in the scenario editor of OpenRCT2. Does this mean that the WW/TT scenarios are hidden in the base game and not detected until the actual expansions are installed? I think this means that someone willing to do so may make exact ports of these expansion exclusive scenarios (provided that they first get those ported items from the link I provided) into the base game.

Even then the game won't detect that these are from the expansions and will place them in the other parks tab, but it would be a good thing to try.

Just now, Jaletsplay said:

Does this mean that the WW/TT scenarios are hidden in the base game and not detected until the actual expansions are installed?

No. You can verify this yourself by checking in the scenarios folder. There aren't any mysterious files there. You found the scenario descriptions because you installed the WW/TT objects - and that includes the scenario text objects (these are used to provide translated text, the name in the SC6 is only in English). They aren't included with the base game either, they were part of the download you linked.

The objects in that download are not the ported versions - they are the actual WW/TT objects. This can be determined by looking at the first nibble in the file - it is 0x8 for vanilla, 0x1 for Wacky Worlds, 0x2 for Time Twister, and most custom objects set it to zero. The last nibble of the first 32 bit word in the file is 0xC for expansion pack objects. The only effect this has is that those files will not export with saved games.

The ported versions (which are not the ones you've linked) have these flags zeroed, to make them export. They are usually also given a different name, so they don't conflict with the default ones. While you could modify the WW/TT scenarios to use these objects, I don't see the need to do so. The only difference is that they export with the park.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, X7123M3-256 said:

The ported versions have these flags zeroed, to make them export. They are usually also given a different name, so they don't conflict with the default ones. While you could modify the WW/TT scenarios to use these objects, I don't see the need to do so. The only difference is that they export with the park.

That must be why the WW/TT flags for the filters activated without the expansions. In another note. WW/TT scenarios have flags as well. for instance, a custom scenario could be set to activate with a WW/TT flag like in one scenario pack I downloaded several months ago. When checked, it would check to see if WW/TT is installed before launching the scenario. Somehow the fact that the WW/TT objects and tracks can be ported without a trigger flag saying that an expansion pack is required is purely strange. Is there any information on how some scenarios can have flags that only launch with expansions?

The best sources for information on the games file formats are the RCT Technical Information Depot, and of course the OpenRCT2 source itself.

I am not aware of a flag that marks a scenario as requiring expansions (though that doesn't mean there definitely isn't one), but I think the park you found almost certainly failed to load because of missing objects and not any flag in the file. Why would someone flag their scenario as requiring expansions if they didn't use any expansion objects? Not to mention, I don't believe there's a tool that does that, so they'd have had to edit the SC6 file manually just to add an unnecessary constraint. It doesn't seem likely, even if it were possible.

• Like 1