Anyone Heard of Monster Rancher?

Just a question as I have considered a few days ago, and haven't been on here in a long time. I am addicted to this game to be honest, took a break from OpenRCT2 and Guitar Hero for this game series. Monster Rancher was first released in 1997 on the PS1, and was created by Tecmo. The game was similar to Pokemon and other monster raising/battling games. One unique aspect is the way you get monsters, for the PS1 games, you can use CDs, whether it be music, game, or PC CDs, any CD can be used to grant monsters, and some can even grant special sub-types of certain monsters. In later games like Monster Rancher 4 for the PS2, you can not only use CDs but also DVDs to get monsters as well. In the Advance series for GBA, your only option is to use passwords unlike the previous games because swapping games on a GBA wouldn't go so well. I grew up with these series, I wasn't the best monster trainer but I got better as of 2016. The basics of the game is to well, raise a monster, they start out as rank E and then with the time of training them, they can be S rankers in no time, via the Official Cups (which is the way of ranking up), also once they reach S rank, they can participate in Big 4 battles, beat them all (either with separate monsters or the same one used) and you reach master rank and can still play. Of course each game kinda varies in storyline. My current favorite games in the MR series are Monster Rancher 1, Monster Rancher 2 (somewhat), Monster Rancher 4, Monster Rancher Advance 2, and Monster Rancher Hop-A-Bout (a spin-off (and the only one) in the series). The unfortunate part is that the series is dead, but even with that, I still play these games for nostalgia and cause of my addiction towards it.

There was also an anime based on the series back in around 2000 I think, I'm currently watching it, for not only entertainment but to screencap and make meme pics (I got lots of them and also a page of them on FB). I got some examples shown (a meme pic and a cover of one of the games).

haresuezohomework.png

250px-Monster_Rancher_cover.jpg

Edited by Stardust-Wyvern