Mechanic maintaining his objective after using tweezers

chill8888

Many times, when a ride breaks down, I will tweeze the mechanic that is en route to hasten the repair process. Unfortunately, once tweezed, he loses his objective, and another mechanic farther away is radioed instead. I imagine it would be a simple code alteration to make him stay on task.

That's not the way it works. Picking up and moving resets his objectives. My suggestion if you are trying to "hurry" him up is to go to the cheat menu (Shovel) page 3 (Entrance) and set the staff speed to fast. You can always change it back if you choose.

The other option is to assign areas to keep your mechanics in just like you do for your handymen.

• Like 1

I think that's a good point chill, and a good idea, but the ride_breakdown/mechanic sync is totally screwed right now...  If it weren't, you would never have to do either of these things. 

Although i think your idea should be implemented regardless of sync problems, if anyone were to ever get around to it. But you also have to consider; what if the mechanic were set down as far away as possible from the ride he was about to fix, in this case it might be a good thing that his objective is sent to another mechanic or the next closest mechanic. Hmm or would it?

Edited by joshmarsilio
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 21:01, CharlieP said:

That's not the way it works. Picking up and moving resets his objectives. My suggestion if you are trying to "hurry" him up is to go to the cheat menu (Shovel) page 3 (Entrance) and set the staff speed to fast. You can always change it back if you choose.

The other option is to assign areas to keep your mechanics in just like you do for your handymen.

I know that's not "the way it works"... that's why I was suggesting a change in the game's mechanisms. And using the cheat menu for an alternate option obviously makes me feel like I'm cheating, which I was trying to avoid. Buuuuuuut......

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 00:32, Nubbie said:

Always did it as a kid but nowadays I wonder if it is a form of 'cheating', still, you could always move the mechenic closer and spam the 'call a mechanic' button as it often picks him then

Now that you mention it, I suppose using the tweezers is a form of cheating, and a habit I've unfortunately maintained since I was a young lad.

So, ultimately, I will stop using that method, and I relinquish my request.

Edited by chill8888
Formatting
  • Like 1

I do, but also do not consider it cheating, depending on context. In most cases when you want to do this, the mechanic got stuck somewhere, and you just want to help them reach the broken ride, but then when you did so, the mechanic can walk away, and another is being called. This is just annoying.