Open RCT1 And 3?

Randomguy099865

The goal is to include as many RCT1 features as possible, so OpenRCT2 also serves as OpenRCT1. I also prefer RCT1 over RCT2, but doing the same work again for almost the same game isn't worth it (and ORCT2 is better than both of them if you'd ask me).

It will still take some time before all RCT1 features are implemented. For example charging for both park entry and rides as scenario option is planned but requires a new save file format, so it won't happen soon.

Note that accurate recreations of all RCT1 scenario's are available for download. Search this forum for a link. They won't be as good as in the original game, but they'll come close. If you don't trust that, there's an option to load RCT1 save files in OpenRCT2. Don't ask me how it works though.

Edited by jensj12
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

The goal is to include as many RCT1 features as possible, so OpenRCT2 also serves as OpenRCT1. I also prefer RCT1 over RCT2, but doing the same work again for almost the same game isn't worth it (and ORCT2 is better than both of them if you'd ask me).

It will still take some time before all RCT1 features are implemented. For example charging for both park entry and rides as scenario option is planned but requires a new save file format, so it won't happen soon.

Note that accurate recreations of all RCT1 scenario's are available for download. Search this forum for a link. They won't be as good as in the original game, but they'll come close. If you don't trust that, there's an option to load RCT1 save files in OpenRCT2. Don't ask me how it works though.

The feature for the pay to enter park and pay for rides has already been added in.

19 hours ago, Randomguy099865 said:

I had this idea that if you creators of openrct2 made rct2 opensource, maybe you should also do rct1 and 3.

The whole project is open source xD and in the end, most RCT1 features should be in OpenRCT2.

OpenRCT3 is far from RCT1 and RCT2 tho and therefor is left out, the devs have not planned anything about it either

One good post about the whole RCT3 thing would be @Krutoniums post about OpenSimCity4