Servus

da_user

Servus, Hi, Hallo,

i'm from Bavaria. I played RCT1&2 in my childhood (RCT3 sucks... sadly). I play since some years OpenTTD and found now randomly OpenRCT2! I hope OpenRCT2 goes the good Way of OpenTTD. Now I played OpenRCT2 the first half hour with the OpenRCT2 Launcher. I found some new Features, but i think by far not all.

First a little Question: is there a Place, where i can find new Attractations, Flatlands with all Attractations and so on?

And i have a Featurewish: A Downloadsection/Button in the Launcher or Mainscrren, where PlugIn-/AddOn-Creators can register their work an i can download and update them easily. Like in OpenTTD ;-)

I hope the work goes on and i have many many hours of fun with OpenRCT2!

We have not broken the object limit built into the game's files yet, that is a future goal obv.

A good place to find custom scenery is New Element Design; NEDesign, there's also other places like RCTMart and RCTGo

A "Online Content" button has been an idea, and infact, we once had a in-launcher link to RCTGo.

Are you using the developement, and have you enabled both Debug tools (Which features the ability to modify the object list and inventions list), and the cheat menu (Which allows you too access new OpenRCT2 cheats like guest stats and ride modifiers, as well as the ever useful Zero Clearence (Disable Clearence Checks) tool)?

• Like 1

Yesterday ther was no Reply-Field. And yesterday i can only send one message. Maybe a action in connection with the Spam: 

Well, now i can reply ;-)

21 hours ago, imlegos said:

We have not broken the object limit built into the game's files yet, that is a future goal obv.

A good place to find custom scenery is New Element Design; NEDesign, there's also other places like RCTMart and RCTGo

A "Online Content" button has been an idea, and infact, we once had a in-launcher link to RCTGo.

Are you using the developement, and have you enabled both Debug tools (Which features the ability to modify the object list and inventions list), and the cheat menu (Which allows you too access new OpenRCT2 cheats like guest stats and ride modifiers, as well as the ever useful Zero Clearence (Disable Clearence Checks) tool)?

Broke the object limits  would have been the first thing I would have broken ;-)

NEDesign looks good, RCTgo seems to have also many RCT3 and no Filters. RCTMart is down (a Forum says, the forums going down in 2010). Thank you.

In my Options of the OpenRCT2 Laucher are activatet: "Laucher => Develop" and "Misc. => Enable debugging tools". Also "Interface => Toolbar => Cheats". So i have the Object-Tool and the Cheat-Menue.

1 hour ago, da_user said:

Broke the object limits  would have been the first thing I would have broken ;-)

In which case, you would have added nothing until you were ready to ditch vanilla code entirely. Which was the way OpenTTD was done, but it also means there would still be no reason to use OpenRCT2 over vanilla, which would mean less people interested in the project and so less people contributing to it (original version of OpenTTD was all done by one person and not released until it was fully implemented in C). While it'd be cool to have a codebase that's based entirely on the unmodified RCT2 executable for the sake of seeing how things were originally done, I think that implementing features as soon as possible has been crucial to the success of the project.

Edited by X7123M3-256
On 9/27/2016 at 16:40, Nubbie said:

Foreigners? OpenRCT2 doesn't have any national country and if they did - It would probably be the Neatherlands :P

This map photo shows where my site members are from, taken from Google Analytics.

Looks like we are spread out good.

OpenRCT2_players worldwide.JPG

• Like 1