Any way to force boaters to follow a stream?

stef084

The boat ride allows you to build a track for the boats, it always has done even in vanilla. You don't need any hacks for this, you just build it like any other tracked ride. It only allows single tile turns and straights though, so if you want wider turns then you do have to merge it or put it onto a different track.

9 hours ago, stef084 said:

while I'm here...I'm looking for Cena's red dirt set. at least I thought it was a set. I downloaded a link while searching through the forums and there was a picture of about 3-4 red dirt land building blocks but it only contained 1 square block, w/o the triangle etc

I myself have never seen red dirt, still looking though... I do have other parts;

11 hours ago, YoloSweggLord said:

Just make the rowboat a full track around the stream, then make it invisible using either corrupt map elements or the crooked house method.

this sounds like what I want. where do I go to learn how to do this? I already have a full single lane  track of water going around the entire park

9 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

The boat ride allows you to build a track for the boats, it always has done even in vanilla. You don't need any hacks for this, you just build it like any other tracked ride. It only allows single tile turns and straights though, so if you want wider turns then you do have to merge it or put it onto a different track.

yeah I just don't like the perfect right angle turns and the little gap between the track and grass when I put in a layer down into the grass. I like the more natural flow of making your own water path. where did everyone learn about merging tracks or other custom techniques? I have searched online and found a bunch of custom scenery etc but no merging, corrupt map or crooked house technique.

25 minutes ago, stef084 said:

yeah I just don't like the perfect right angle turns and the little gap between the track and grass when I put in a layer down into the grass. I like the more natural flow of making your own water path. where did everyone learn about merging tracks or other custom techniques? I have searched online and found a bunch of custom scenery etc but no merging, corrupt map or crooked house technique.

Go to the cheats menu and select "show vehicles from other track types" and "show all operating modes". Now build the track you want using a ride type which does allow the pieces you want, then change the vehicles to rowing boats, and the operating mode to boat hire. You will probably then want to make the track invisible ("rides set type <ride index> 74") as the coaster tracks won't look good on a boat ride. And as a side note, back up your game before running that command - if you type the ride index incorrectly it may crash (can't remember if this is fixed or not).

Just now, stef084 said:

ok found info about "trainers" (8 car trainer etc) on the Coasterforce website however it says the new version of this trainer doesn't work well on new computors. does anyone have a version of this that works well?  from there I can probably figure this out on my own

Trainers are incompatible with OpenRCT2; most of the functionality has been superseded by in-game cheats. I'd say you can probably carry out more hacks with OpenRCT2 than you can in 8Cars now, though some features are still lacking. Track merging, zero clearance, removing most limits (that can be removed), etc are all implemented through cheats and you shouldn't need to use 8Cars for those unless you prefer to do so. If you need to do something with a trainer that isn't yet supported by OpenRCT2, you'll need to open the park in vanilla to do the hack. I can't help you get a working version though, because I couldn't get 8Cars working either.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Go to the cheats menu and select "show vehicles from other track types" and "show all operating modes". Now build the track you want using a ride type which does allow the pieces you want, then change the vehicles to rowing boats, and the operating mode to boat hire. You will probably then want to make the track invisible ("rides set type <ride index> 74") as the coaster tracks won't look good on a boat ride. And as a side note, back up your game before running that command - if you type the ride index incorrectly it may crash (can't remember if this is fixed or not).

Trainers are incompatible with OpenRCT2; most of the functionality has been superseded by in-game cheats. I'd say you can probably carry out more hacks with OpenRCT2 than you can in 8Cars now, though some features are still lacking. Track merging, zero clearance, removing most limits (that can be removed), etc are all implemented through cheats and you shouldn't need to use 8Cars for those unless you prefer to do so. If you need to do something with a trainer that isn't yet supported by OpenRCT2, you'll need to open the park in vanilla to do the hack. I can't help you get a working version though, because I couldn't get 8Cars working either.

so I am making a track that follows under the stream I made, then making the tracks invisible so it looks like they are boating down the steam?

I'm having the same problem stef. I changed my tracked boats to free roaming boats and the boaters stay clustered near the station. This is a problem for jet skies too. It would be nice if you could define a "roaming zone" for the boats with squares similar to the way you assign handymen and mechanics coverage...  It would also be nice if you could set a time limit for the boats so they come back to the station when their time is up,  but all of this would have to be coded into the game. 

btw, lol; "these little jerks"

Edited by joshmarsilio