Troller Problems...

Hello, and I'm just pissed at the moment. 

All of these servers I enjoy and go on everyday are being ruined by this one troller with the username "Nicman".

He's been causing major problems to servers, such as spamming (Joining and leaving with a dirty name), as well as greifing Free4All servers. And we are hopeless on stopping this guy, as we can't kick or mute him, unless we put the server on password only.

But putting it on password only will prevent others from joining, making the server boring.

In any case, is there a way to stop this? I'm losing it. :P

Edit: I did find that he's been faking names, crashing servers by spamming (Joining and leaving, as usual.), and other players are getting pissed and blaming me and others for the incident. 

Edited by Celestial
1 hour ago, Celestial said:

Hello, and I'm just pissed at the moment. 

All of these servers I enjoy and go on everyday are being ruined by this one troller with the username "Nicman".

He's been causing major problems to servers, such as spamming (Joining and leaving with a dirty name), as well as greifing Free4All servers. And we are hopeless on stopping this guy, as we can't kick or mute him, unless we put the server on password only.

But putting it on password only will prevent others from joining, making the server boring.

In any case, is there a way to stop this? I'm losing it. :P

Edit: I did find that he's been faking names, crashing servers by spamming (Joining and leaving, as usual.), and other players are getting pissed and blaming me and others for the incident. 

Oh boy, we all know nicman.

• Like 1

At the same time isnt the forum ment to point fingers at specific individuals 

Stuff that's going on the server ain't something the admins/devs can do anything about and is hard to stop

Ideas to stop/make it harder for greifing/trolling would be better :)

Edited by Nubbie
9 hours ago, Nubbie said:

At the same time isnt the forum ment to point fingers at specific individuals 

Stuff that's going on the server ain't something the admins/devs can do anything about and is hard to stop

Ideas to stop/make it harder for greifing/trolling would be better :)

Centralized log in system run by the devs.

We've decided against that for a couple of reasons, but it was the idea for a while. Personally I see two major main problems with that is: Someone has to maintain the server, making sure it's always running, and that you also need to keep it running, even when only a few people are using it.

• Like 1

I just got back from a server that "nicman" was spam joining. I said hello but they kicked me and whitelisted the server. That's when I realized how bad a problem one person doing this is. That host didn't look like an active member of the orct2 community, the first time I had seen him too, and now if he ever hosts again, it's going to be whitelisted or private and probably won't change. If we ever want to be a community, we really need to crack down on trolling.

• Like 1

I can 100% verify that Skylander is pretending to be nicman. He joined a server alongside a griefer who spammed the chat. When @Thewarf321 asked skylander a question, the spam immediately stopped for skylander to respond. Later, "nicman" joined right as Skylander was talking about him. I asked nicman a question about himself and he failed to answer. I know we all already knew it was Skylander but this is just more to the burden of proof.

• Like 2