Do you watch RCT2 videos?

VincenteIL

Hi everyone! 

I'm curious as to what kind of RCT2 videos folks here are interested in.

Do you watch time-lapse vids? Tutorials? Tips & tricks? General gameplay?

I recently acquired OpenRCT2 because it seems to work much better than the vanilla version for recording footage for my new YouTube channel.
My channel is www.youtube.com/VincenteIL if you're interested in checking it out!

VincenteIL

TN.png

Edited by VincenteIL

I'd like to know more about working with the new things introduced by OpenRCT2, especially the more advanced stuff which requires using the console or tile inspector and such. I know there is already a video of track merging on YouTube but if somebody is better at explaining how you got the merge a track back to it's original track or just do inversions, that'll be nice.

16 minutes ago, Wuis said:

I'd like to know more about working with the new things introduced by OpenRCT2, especially the more advanced stuff which requires using the console or tile inspector and such. I know there is already a video of track merging on YouTube but if somebody is better at explaining how you got the merge a track back to it's original track or just do inversions, that'll be nice.

I'll keep that in mind for when I finish the tile inspector. :)

2 hours ago, Wuis said:

how you got the merge a track back to it's original track or just do inversions, that'll be nice.

Merging a track back to it's original track is exactly the same process - you overlap the two tracks by one tile and ensure the track the train is to leave the tile by comes first. Easiest way to do that is to build the two tracks so they touch, then select the track before the merge and build forward with the same piece. Inversions work like any other track piece, but I prefer to avoid merging on an inversion - I try to put the merge on a single tile piece, as that makes it easier to keep track of (only one tile has duplicate tracks). I had a go at a tutorial on track merging here, which shows the basic process, but it is outdated as the method shown will disable the block system (I didn't know there was any alternative when I made the video).

• Like 1