WANTED: Alpine Coaster vehicle for Mini Coaster

Hello everyone, I've been thinking recently and have come up with a possible idea for building an Alpine Coaster like ride (See image below). Only problem is; there's no good vehicle to use as a car. I have been using Bobsleigh cars, but they obviously swing on the turns. All I want is a new ride vehicle based on the Mini Coaster type; possibly a demake of the one in Tycoon 3.

2016-08-12 11-02-42.png

Edited by imlegos
  • Awesome 1

OK, well, if anyone wants it here's a quick alpine coaster I made this evening. It's really quickly put together and not great quality - it's not a recreation of any real alpine coaster car - that's a project for another day. Because it's an alpine coaster, the height restriction is set to 35 feet, since this is supposed to follow the terrain. Excitement was boosted substantially simply because any realistic alpine coaster layout will be pretty boring by the game's standards. However, I did not bother to disable steep slopes, and even rendered sprites for them, so you can put this on any wild mouse layout if you really want. Sprites for banked turns are also provided, but the wild mouse track is default. You can override it with the cheats in game if you want.

ALPCSTS0.DAT

• Like 2

Peeps usually can brake on alpine slides the same way they can on alpine coasters. I don't know if the speed is limited in the same way, but I'd guess it probably is. They're very similar rides, though alpine slides are of course not locked to the track and can sometimes derail if the brake is not used.

Neither functionality works in the ride above - I just set the friction higher than normal. I thought about animating the brake on turns (which would be purely aesthetic) but it would be more effort than it was worth for such a subtle effect.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2016 at 14:30, X7123M3-256 said:

OK, well, if anyone wants it here's a quick alpine coaster I made this evening. It's really quickly put together and not great quality - it's not a recreation of any real alpine coaster car - that's a project for another day. Because it's an alpine coaster, the height restriction is set to 35 feet, since this is supposed to follow the terrain. Excitement was boosted substantially simply because any realistic alpine coaster layout will be pretty boring by the game's standards. However, I did not bother to disable steep slopes, and even rendered sprites for them, so you can put this on any wild mouse layout if you really want. Sprites for banked turns are also provided, but the wild mouse track is default. You can override it with the cheats in game if you want.

ALPCSTS0.DAT

What's the car called in the game's train selection menu?