Zoomer's Rad Track Pack

I have a few decently put-together ride designs that I created recently and I thought I'd share them. These designs do not use any custom scenery, so they should work with anybody's game.

Ride Specific Notes

1. "SB-129" - The launched freefall -  has an issue where there are 2 missing sections of footpath inside the building that I couldn't select because the building was in the way. Simply place them so that guests can reach the queue entrance and all should be well. 

2. "Re-Entry" - the Air-powered coaster - is about the tallest design I could build without a 10+ intensity rating. It is about 400ft. tall and achieves an excitement rating over 10 (Extreme), assuming you build the scenery with it. You can easily charge $8/ride on this bad boy.

3. "Big Boom Baby" - the boomerang - has the tallest reverse-inclined lift hill possible using this coaster type without reducing the slope near the top or hitting a 10+ intensity rating. I think it comes at just under 9. 

4. "Indigo Coastoya" - the large purple woodie - does not come with scenery, but I included it anyway because I like the layout and it is a fairly profitable coaster. Shouldn't be very difficult to slap a custom station on this guy either.

5. "Rumblestiltskin" - A medium sized woodie with "Very High" Intensity and Excitement. Kept the theming light so that it can fit into other parks fairly easily.

To install: Extract the .zip and put the files in your Documents/OpenRCT2/tracks folder. If the game is already running, you will very likely need to quit and restart the game for these to show up in the ride selection menu.

Redistribute or use in your parks as you wish, I only ask that you give credit where due if somebody asks where these came from

Enjoy! :)

Zoomer'sRadTrackPack.zip

SCR49.png

SCR50.png

SCR51.png

SCR47.png

SCR48.png

Edited by Zoomer36
Post clean-up
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/11/2016 at 00:27, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

I'm really not a big fan of these designs. They are either too erratic or too simple. Definitely work more on your layouts and scenery

Oh no! It's the ride design police! I'd better hide all of the designs that this particular officer doesn't approve of!

These are supposed to be add-ons that are easy to place and use, similar to the built-in designs. You are free to disagree with how these are built, but I am under no obligation to design my rides to meet your personal standards. Don't like? Don't use. Feedback should be constructive, not authoritarian.

• Like 2

I'm at a split decision with what both of you said, @Zoomer36 & @SensualEthiopianPolice.

I agree with Zoomer that feedback should be constructive and actually rather pleasing. Typically, most come on too harsh, like with what Sensual said. However, there's good reasons. If you have a realistic stand point, you're going to want to only like things that realistic. If you have a simple, anything is good enough, stand point, you'll be the exact opposite of realism. Some of these rides here ARE realistic, and some of them aren't. It's more than okay to have different types.

Here's my problem, I'm that "I prefer realistic, but I can also go sloppy" type of people. When I see something that is sloppy, or bad, I try and give my best constructive critiques (without being harsh) so that a person can further improve their designs. When a great ride is produced, I give many reasons on why it's good as well as still critiquing it on little things. 

I've learned that being harsh with your words is not going to help the person you're critiquing out. While using more fluent and nicer words help the person to better their works. Sensual, I'm not calling you out, but at least try and sound nicer? "Designs are bad, or two simple" isn't going to cut it. How to improve this? Give good and valid reasons why something needs to be fixed upon.

Sensual, once again, I am not trying to be too critical, or be harsh, I just need you to know this. Ya don't want to have people on your bad side. However, on some of these, I agree with him. 

My realistic standpoint is eyeing Rumblestiltskin out for being too "all over the place." However, my simple is good standpoint likes it for being creative and random. 

I guess the whole point of this long message is, try your best, and don't be too critical. 

Who knows, maybe this will help others if you give them reasons why.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BlazingEmpireHD said:

I'm at a split decision with what both of you said, @Zoomer36 & @SensualEthiopianPolice.

I agree with Zoomer that feedback should be constructive and actually rather pleasing. Typically, most come on too harsh, like with what Sensual said. However, there's good reasons. If you have a realistic stand point, you're going to want to only like things that realistic. If you have a simple, anything is good enough, stand point, you'll be the exact opposite of realism. Some of these rides here ARE realistic, and some of them aren't. It's more than okay to have different types.

Here's my problem, I'm that "I prefer realistic, but I can also go sloppy" type of people. When I see something that is sloppy, or bad, I try and give my best constructive critiques (without being harsh) so that a person can further improve their designs. When a great ride is produced, I give many reasons on why it's good as well as still critiquing it on little things. 

I've learned that being harsh with your words is not going to help the person you're critiquing out. While using more fluent and nicer words help the person to better their works. Sensual, I'm not calling you out, but at least try and sound nicer? "Designs are bad, or two simple" isn't going to cut it. How to improve this? Give good and valid reasons why something needs to be fixed upon.

Sensual, once again, I am not trying to be too critical, or be harsh, I just need you to know this. Ya don't want to have people on your bad side. However, on some of these, I agree with him. 

My realistic standpoint is eyeing Rumblestiltskin out for being too "all over the place." However, my simple is good standpoint likes it for being creative and random. 

I guess the whole point of this long message is, try your best, and don't be too critical. 

Who knows, maybe this will help others if you give them reasons why.

Well put. I'll admit my response was a knee-jerk reaction and could have been less confrontational.

Anyways, these aren't here to be impressive. They're here for players to have some easy-to-slap-down rides that are consistently profitable and built well while maintaining some of the design philosophy of the pre-installed tracks. They aren't supposed to be perfect or elegent, they're something you'd build while playing a scenario.

My apologies Sensual. Now that I've taken a minute to step back and look at the situation, I'm sure you meant well.

• Like 2

I'm sure both of you meant well, and both of you were harsh about it. More or less, at least critical to the point where people might think you were rude. Knowing both of you guys, I don't see either of you being rude on purpose specifically to rile others up. 

On a more lighthearted note, you're both good guys and both have valid reasons to be critical. Being a content creator myself, I know those times where people are too critical and it does nothing to help me out. Zoomer, I've been in your spot, and backlashed at something of what Sensual said. What Sensual said was fairly simple and had nothing much to help you, and to me at least, seemed very morose. You backlashed in a funny way, but probably even worse, Zoomer.

I'm very glad you're a courteous man and apologised, Zoomer, and I very well think Sensual will do the same.

I mean come on guys, raise your hand if you have NEVER had a sloppy/simple coaster? Not one of you can say you haven't had one. Some one somewhere will think it's too sloppy, or not realistic enough. You'll just have to live and learn I guess.

I like these downloads. They are good, but in no way are something spectacular.  But,they're still good coasters and a great little side project if you're too lazy to make your own. :P I like simple, and decently thought out as well as spectacularly amazing coasters. For once, they're not people killers either. Good job with these, @Zoomer36! :) 

Edited by BlazingEmpireHD
  • Like 1