Group Park 4

Broxzier

Group park 3 is reaching the end, so it's time to start a new one! As usual, I'll start off with the rules - but they are open for discussion! For the ones that are familiar with the rules already, I'll list the changes in the next post.

How does this work?

Multiple players extend and improve on a park by taking turns. It starts of with an empty map where all land is owned. A queue of players is kept up to date. When a player reaches the front of the queue, they have 24 hours to claim the park. Once claimed they have 48 hours to work on the park. Once finished they will post the new saved game with a short update log, a screenshot, and the updated queue, where they may add themselves to the end of again. When someone does not claim their turn in time, or went over the 48-hour limit after claiming it, they will be moved to a missed turn list. Anyone listed in this list is allowed to claim the park when it's not claimed already, or move themselves in the front of the current queue so that they may claim the park when it will be posted next. The missed turn list is not a queue, anyone in there has the same priority. First come first serve.

To join, simply read the rules, and then leave a comment saying you want to join. You may add yourself to the end of the queue, or wait for the players to do so.

Rules / Guidelines:

1. Cover a maximum area of 800 land tiles in one turn. You are allowed to shape this to your likes. An area of 15x50 for example is perfectly fine. If you go over this, you will have to fix it. (measured in squares, not tile-by-tile)
  2. There's a limit of things you may build:
    1. Maximum of 1 big coaster coaster per two turns (rides with 2x2 tile small turns)
    2. Maximum of 1 tracked ride per turn (rides with 1-tile small turns)
    3. Maximum of 3 rides in total
      Example: 1 big coaster, 1 small coaster, and 1 flat ride is allowed
      Park-wide transport rides are an exception
    4. No excessive stall placement
  3. Anyone is allowed to make minor changes to other people's content, while keeping the overall theme the same. This include, but are not limited to:
    1. Changing the height of the ground
    2. Improve scenery and footpaths
    3. Placing footpath additions
    4. Solving issues where guests get stuck
    5. Moving rides
    6. Moving or placing new shops and stalls
  4. Do not make major changes to other people's content without their approval. This includes, but is not limited to:
    1. Removing or replacing rides
    2. Removing or replacing detailed scenery (anything that has more than just empty walls and roofs)
    3. Changing the height of the land drastically
  5. Keep an eye on the news - solve any problems to keep the park rating high.
  6. Post at least one screenshot, the new saved game with increased version number, and the updated queue. Also tag the next person in line so they get a notification.
  7. Always provide a path the the empty areas behind the part you've made, so that others don't have to worry about making a path in your area, and potentially breaking it.
  8. Only use vanilla content - no content from the expansion packs or custom scenery may be used.
Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 1

Changed rules:

Check out no 3. and no 8.

Also I want to discuss a different approach of starting this park, as the previous three parks all had their own pros and cons.

1. Park 1 started of with a map made by me, and the ground stayed as it was. In my opinion this was fun, but I was the only one making the landscape.
  2. Park 2 started of with all land completely down, but this was causing issues along the way when players did not raise the land as intended.
  3. Park 3 started of flat again, but now at the default base height. As a result the entire map was basically flat.

What I want to propose is: We start off with a few players who like making landscapes, something to make the map interesting, but still easy to build on. After this is done, the real park begins. This does not mean that the land may not be changed anymore, it's simply to make the landscape more diverse to begin with.

• Like 2

I'm in! You forgot to fill in the 4th point of the 3rd rule. Also does landscaping mean just landscaping (sculpting land and adding water) or does it mean that you could also make paths and minor decorations?

Also, I think there should be a giga/hypercoaster in the park again, even though they take more space. Mine was a bit too wide, but there are sure ways to incorporate it more within the park. Like in the first park, a lot of rides were put under the hyper twister without making it look incredibly awful. (Actually, Qin Dynasty was only 875 tiles, so 800 tiles should be rather easy.)

• Like 1

Heyo everyone! I am new to the forum, but I have been a silent reader in the GP3 project since its beginnings. I would love to actually participate in this one of possible. But I also definitely don't want to put a dent into this kind of project, so I made 2 screenshots of 2 of my scenery + landscaping works I did when I started playing this game again a few months ago after years of break.

efe97d3fdb.png

37073fc4a3.png

My scenery work is still a bit crude I think, atleast on the wodden coaster, but if you approve of it as enough to not make a park ugly, I would definitely like to take part. :) 

Edited by _SpacE__
fixes
  • Like 1

I don't see the problem. :/ 

Besides these coasters being very big which is not ideal, there's nothing wrong with them. I'm actually charmed by the wooden building structure, probably because the elevated roof looks really neat. Just do what your heart desires and have fun. :) 

6 hours ago, _SpacE__ said:

Heyo everyone! I am new to the forum, but I have been a silent reader in the GP3 project since its beginnings. I would love to actually participate in this one of possible. But I also definitely don't want to put a dent into this kind of project, so I made 2 screenshots of 2 of my scenery + landscaping works I did when I started playing this game again a few months ago after years of break.

efe97d3fdb.png

37073fc4a3.png

My scenery work is still a bit crude I think, atleast on the wodden coaster, but if you approve of it as enough to not make a park ugly, I would definitely like to take part. :) 

There's no approval needed to take part in this park- you just need to sign up and add yourself to the queue following the rules.

20 hours ago, Wuis said:

You forgot to fill in the 4th point of the 3rd rule.

Whoops! I think I wrote something about stalls, but removed it. :P I don't think there should be one for stalls, as long as it's not being placed excessively.

@_SpacE__: You could join the previous park as well. In the first post it's described how you can join.

I don't get what you mean by "Claiming Land" but the 48 hours to work on it means just that. From the point of when you claim the park, the 48 hour clock starts ticking, and at the end of the 48 hours, if your done or not, you have to upload it. We can be forgiving with that rule, but that's pretty much the recommended time that you should be working on it I guess.

4 hours ago, ImABoss said:

What do you claim? Land? A Map?

You claim a turn, which gives you 48 hours to do whatever you want with the latest version of the park within the rules before you upload your new version.

So, for example, Broxzier is first on the queue, claims a turn, works on the park following the rules and the 48 hour time limit, and uploads version 1.01 of the park before the time limit is up, adding himself back to the end of the queue.  Wuis is next in the queue, so claims a turn, works on the park building off the 1.01 version, and uploads the new version, called 1.02.  Jensi12 is next, so claims and works on the park, building off the 1.02 version, and uploads the new version, called 1.03.  And so on.

• Like 2

By claiming the park you basically let us know you're working on it, so that nobody else should claim it. You have 24 hours from the moment the previous player has tagged you to claim it, and if you're not on time, you'll be moved to the 'missed turn' list.

• Like 1

Let's start with the 'landscape team' first then. Is there anybody else besides @YoloSweggLord who wants to participate in here?

I think we should use the same park size as GP3, which turned out to be near perfect. For the landscape, maybe it's nice to start off with a map idea? Here's something I quickly drew:

ut1K93a.png

My idea:

1. Near the entrance it's flat and easy to build, I suggest this will be used for a nice entrance-look, and having easy rides there, preferably no coasters at all.
  2. Center square, an easy to-go place for guests to hang out, and head into any direction of the park
  3. Rough landscape area, hard to build on, ideal for some nice exciting coasters.

It's kinda empty still, as you can see. I'd love to hear what you guys think and please participate in the landscape building part too! :)

• Like 1