Group Park 4

Broxzier

Sure, Claimed!

Edit: i don't have a lot of inspiration at the moment. so i'll wait a turn and see if something comes up :)

Claimed: 
Queue: @Wuis, Broxzier, Jochem
Missed: YoloSweggLord, Philmon11, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, SensualEthiopianPolice, jensj12, Cascadia, 

Edited by Jochem

Alright, I have finished.

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-27 11-08-52.png

• Added "Thunder Run" a Mine Train coaster. I do think it's a very good coaster. It's a bit large on the space size, but the ONLY above ground bits are in the next two screenshots, so I don't think it will cause a problem.

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-27 11-09-02.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-27 11-09-08.png

Guests love this ride already...

• Added "The Puke Bin" a first aid room at the ride's exit. (Needed because of the High nausea rating. Combined with the very high excitement and fear.
  • Barrel Bombs was broken down for a large part of my turn, and I had to fix it by manually fixing it, so I'm not sure if there's a mechanic issue or what going on. Added a new mechanic with a patrol area only there to solve it.
  • No, mechanics are just stupid in this game. I set one to have a patrol area just at the exit of that ride and he goes and wanders off... bug?
  • Park: The OpenRCT2 Group Park 4.56.sv6
  • Claimed: 
    Queue: @Wuis, Broxzier, Jochem, Philmon11
    Missed: YoloSweggLord, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, SensualEthiopianPolice, jensj12, Cascadia, 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Philmon11 said:
  • No, mechanics are just stupid in this game. I set one to have a patrol area just at the exit of that ride and he goes and wanders off... bug?

Stupider than normal mechanics is a bug in the pathfinding - my fault, but fixes are waiting to be merged.

Mechanic patrol areas is something that was never respected when heading to a ride. Code changes to correct this are also waiting to be merged.

• Like 1

Barrel Bombs isn't connected to the path at the exit, so I'm doing another call: do not build paths with clearance checks disabled.

Claimed: jensj12
Queue: Wuis, Broxzier, Jochem, Philmon11
Missed: YoloSweggLord, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, SensualEthiopianPolice, Cascadia, 

• Like 2

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 18-47-04.png

There were no big pathing issues to solve other than the exit mentioned, so I only build this coaster. Just pretend there's an elevator in the building. Name is in the screenshot. If you want to add more scenery to it, feel free to do so (note that there's a lot of invisible track around the tower). The path towards cannibal/excavateur may need to be doubled.

Claimed
Queue@Wuis, Broxzier, Jochem, Philmon11, jensj12
Missed: YoloSweggLord, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, SensualEthiopianPolice, Cascadia

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 4.57.sv6

• Like 3

That is a hella awesome coaster Jens! (Though no offense, but the station seems a bit rushed)

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-28-01.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-31-31.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-27-55.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-27-38.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-27-32.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-26-08.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-25-52.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-25-36.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-25-43.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-28 21-25-20.png

All the above are locations of the candy cane, you can still open Jens' save file and see them but I am now going to claim the park and remove them. (As I think nobody wants a random candy cane near their buildings)

Claimed: Wuis
QueueBroxzier, Jochem, Philmon11, jensj12
Missed: YoloSweggLord, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, SensualEthiopianPolice, Cascadia

Also, if someone from the missed list claims after me, the queue will for once be bigger than the missed list. :D 

• Like 1

Thank you Broxzier, I actually expected others to be harder to find, but it's cool to see different people having difficulty with different things. :) 

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-30 22-17-25.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-12-30 22-17-07.png

• I've worked quite a lot with clearance checks after placing paths, so I might've hovered over something and deleted it. (Even after fixing it for like a thousand times, I'm horrible with clearance checks)
  • Made path towards cannibal/excavateur two tiles
  • Added a haunted house, bumper cars and the dumbest attraction ever. x)

Claimed: -
Queue: @Broxzier, Jochem, Philmon11, jensj12, Wuis

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 4.58.sv6

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

Happy new year :)

Claiming the park now, so that I can work on it tomorrow evening.

Claimed: Broxzier
Queue: Jochem, Philmon11, jensj12, Wuis

Edited by Broxzier
Formatting

Fixed these two issues, fixed vandalism, then the park rating went up again:

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2017-01-03 23-33-13.png

The path on the left should be removed, but it seems to be a new pathfinding issue. Maybe something @zaxcav can look into using the previous saved game.

What I mostly worked on this turn is scenery. I did not build any rides or stalls, but I did build a few buildings (after destroying part of @jensj12 station building).

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2017-01-03 23-31-43.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2017-01-03 23-31-36.png

Claimed:
Queue: @Jochem, Philmon11, jensj12, Wuis, Broxzier

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 4.59.sv6

• Like 2

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2017-01-03 18-29-21.png

Like @Broxzier , all I did was build some more buildings (mostly to serve as buildings for various stalls).  There are also two new paths.  also, nothing new in the below screenshot, but it's interesting:

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2017-01-03 18-27-57.png

Look at all those peeps watching that coaster- it's like a mini-attraction!

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 4.60.sv6

Claimed:
Queue: @Jochem, Philmon11, jensj12, Wuis, Broxzier, Cascadia
Missed: @YoloSweggLord, @TCE, @imlegos, @RedScope53, @SensualEthiopianPolice

On 1/3/2017 at 23:39, Broxzier said:

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2017-01-03 23-33-13.png

The path on the left should be removed, but it seems to be a new pathfinding issue. Maybe something @zaxcav can look into using the previous saved game.

@BroxzierI'll take a look to see what the heuristic search is doing here.

Edit: Nah, I've changed my mind :P

Debugging the pathfinding is excessively time consuming and I don't have much time lately, so I'm just going to follow my gut on this.

This peep jam looks like a classic case of cyclic backtracking between multiple locations where at the turnaround points the reachable path tile on the search boundary that is closest to the peep's destination is back in the direction where the peep came from.

I've tried a very simple enhancement (building on the previous improvements) to restrict the peeps from backtracking (as far as the pathfind_history permits this) and the peep jam clears up (though it takes some time because the peeps are just about sleep walking).

I'll submit a PR for this soon.

Update: I have submitted PR#4997 to fix this.

Edited by zaxcav
  • Like 2

I don't think anyone in the queue minds the holdup, but I'm not sure if I will claim my turn. I have school exams starting Wednesday but I've been able to spread studying quite a bit due to the 2 week holiday. Will look if I can claim, when I get home

Claimed: Wuis
Queue: Broxzier, Cascadia, jensj12
Missed: YoloSweggLord, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, SensualEthiopianPolice , Jochem, Philmon11

Edited by Wuis