Thought it was a drought

Okay, there is a really bad drought in servers lately. At one point, and I counted, 10 out 13 servers were either headless 24/7 or register to play, most of the former being griefed or full and the latter were man of teal which unfortunately fills up quick and doesn't have great, space-conscious builders to begin with. The remaining three were also either full or crashed the game outright. So I have a big ask for anyone who can (myself included): host. You don't have to host all the time or even once a day, but I'm begging people here to just host servers, even if only for an hour. Multiplayer is impossible to play and the community is suffering for it. So if you know how to port forward, please host a server. If you want tips on how to host I have a few posted here under Sensual's Servers. And besides, what's the worst that could happen? Hopefully this accompanying video will inspire you: 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, newton27 said:

Wow, well they do have to start somewhere...

Those space-conscious players are on the Realistic server which I white-list.

Well before many of them got their start on regular everyday servers. I'm worried that because so many new players are getting exposed mostly to each other, its creating an island where people progress slower than normal. I'm worried that the lack of other servers is inhibiting people.

Edited by SensualEthiopianPolice
  • Like 2

I do host servers, but no one joins them. (And yes I have port forwarded, and I have had people join before to be clear) I can go an hour without someone joining.  Occasionally, I will get people who join but leave like 3 seconds later. It's very annoying. Honestly I'm losing my motivation to host, mainly because no one joins.

23 minutes ago, ImABoss said:

I do host servers, but no one joins them. (And yes I have port forwarded, and I have had people join before to be clear) I can go an hour without someone joining.  Occasionally, I will get people who join but leave like 3 seconds later. It's very annoying. Honestly I'm losing my motivation to host, mainly because no one joins.

If a lot of people are joining and disconnecting, it could be an internet problem. Also, if you use a lot of cs, it becomes more difficult for people with weaker internet to join. And as final note: orct2 is very international, so you might be in a time zone that's inconvenient for others. Anyway, you don't have to host, but thanks for trying. That's all I ask.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

If a lot of people are joining and disconnecting, it could be an internet problem. Also, if you use a lot of cs, it becomes more difficult for people with weaker internet to join. And as final note: orct2 is very international, so you might be in a time zone that's inconvenient for others. Anyway, you don't have to host, but thanks for trying. That's all I ask.

Thanks for the info. But some people intentionally join and disconnect, I see them do it on other servers as well. I also live in Mountain Time, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

@newton27 I think you might be misinterpreting what's happening. I know lots of people who love servers that only last a day or two because the map clears up and you get to experiment with new designs on a daily basis. Despite that your server has stability and a large community, diversity in the types of servers is very important to make the community as a whole thrive.