Copy/Paste Scenery

Mayfired

It would be extremely useful and time-saving if we had some sort of a copy and paste feature.

Example:

SCR9.pngSCR4.png

I like to use this square of bushes and flowers to fill up space. It would save a bunch of time if we could

copy a square or two and simply click a button to lay them down.

• Like 1

This is one of those features that will definitely be made at some point, as it's super useful, and fun to make too. The idea we have is to make it like RCT2, where you select scenery using a bounding-box, then save it, and have some sort of list (like the track list) where you can select the scenery you've saved.

Edit: To add on that, a while ago there was an issue raised about how things should be displayed when you don't own all the scenery in your park. The sprites cannot be loaded or and pre-rendered as a preview image. It's probably possible to just grey out all the entries of which you don't own all the scenery pieces, and when you select them, have an option to add the missing scenery entries to the ones you own. (just brainstorming here :P)

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 20 July 2016 at 05:18, Broxzier said:

This is one of those features that will definitely be made at some point, as it's super useful, and fun to make too. The idea we have is to make it like RCT2, where you select scenery using a bounding-box, then save it, and have some sort of list (like the track list) where you can select the scenery you've saved.

Edit: To add on that, a while ago there was an issue raised about how things should be displayed when you don't own all the scenery in your park. The sprites cannot be loaded or and pre-rendered as a preview image. It's probably possible to just grey out all the entries of which you don't own all the scenery pieces, and when you select them, have an option to add the missing scenery entries to the ones you own. (just brainstorming here :P)

How would we select scenery if this were to go ahead. Would it have to be a perfect square (e.g. 4X4) or could it be a bit freeform similar to painting terrain (e.g.. 10X4, 1X20 etc.) For those that want to paint a strip of scenery and fencing across the side of a path could we do that?

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this should be extended to fences and maybe other scenery objects as well as we could place a fence on a border and drag it so that it could be a straight fence or a fence with a right angle or a square and then on the other side of the fence we place a nice row of flowers. It's sounds like a good idea as i hate my park being empty (scenery-wise) and just seeing grass or dirt. and filling it up takes a bit of time as everytime i wish to place an object down i have to press the mouse. It's just very time consuming

This has always been one of the features I would adore to see in OpenRCT2. I am happy to hear you all are working on it!

I figure the way Parkitect did their scenery selection was best. It's pretty easy to learn. 

I don't know how that would translate from a 2016 game versus a REDUX 1999 game. 

Doesn't matter which way happens, I'll be glad to be able to save scenery!

• 1 year later...

Also, would you be able to select upwards? For example, if your making buildings and don't want to repeatedly have to build the same layer over and over again so you could select upwards.