Free 4 (All) Build a Park 23/7 Server

Hi community,

for month now I have been hosting a server for my private group of friends (Hanserunde). Two days ago then I started "Wolfpark" a -So-I-thought Free-4-All Permanent Server.

Like Babylon 5 in season 3 ... IT FAILED.

Some assholes griefed, others yelled "Heil Hitler" and the rest kept to himself, forbate others to interact coasters and I got annoyed an do not know how long I keep it up.

But something else came up: I realized that ... WHEN people were building they all built ... like ... "I take 25x40 squares and construct a compact coaster on it. Then I fill every free spot with scenery and want to be encouraged how gorgeous it looks about it".

...And I thought ... DAFUQ?! I hosted this so we can build a Park ... like ... together. Knot all the steel and wood that we can find ... build themed landscapes, keep the visitors happy ...  just ... BUILD A THEME PARK LIKE THE GAME's BEEN CODED FOR  .... .. .. ..... ... .... --> TOGHETER <--

But they all seemed to be happy building in their own spots and forbidding others to  mix up anything

An I think this is not it. Build a park, mix things up on purpose, shaoe the landscape! So I ask for all of you ...  who else thinks the same?

For all who do, I am willing to offer a server. A map to be crative. Let's make this a long-time, mixed-up park. Interweave. To Terraforming. Care for the park, not your own coaster alone.

If you know my servers, there'll be 5 Min save intervals, 999 kept savegames, TeamSpeak if you like and an active administrator and alot of fun ^^

If you wanna be a part of it, reply here, send me a quick mail message to [email protected] or ask me live on the servername "Free4(All)_Build-a-Park" server. Fater all, we need to meet ingame.

Looking forward to have some serious guests here ;)

PS. Only cheat enabled will be "Deactivate Vandalism" - as often as I can. Since the server need tom be restarted every 23 hours (due to a new ISP IP), this cheat needs to be turned on manually ever day!

Edited by HtHNightwolf
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, HtHNightwolf said:

Knot all the steel and wood that we can find ..

No idea if that was intensionell :P 

@HtHNightwolf

Anyways, indeed we have problems with greifers in OpenRCT2, tho people shouldn't have permission to do everything at first, they should work their way up :U 

There are some parks where people work together to create stuff but think most of people like to build their own things for them self xox

Note: Tried to join 'Wolfpark' but just got timed out

Edited by Nubbie
Add note
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Nubbie said:

No idea if that was intensionell :P 

@HtHNightwolf

Anyways, indeed we have problems with greifers in OpenRCT2, tho people shouldn't have permission to do everything at first, they should work their way up :U 

There are some parks where people work together to create stuff but think most of people like to build their own things for them self xox

Note: Tried to join 'Wolfpark' but just got timed out

Yes, as I mentioned in this other post, every Night I get a new IP from my ISP and the Server List from OpenRCT2 cannot handle that. So basically Hosting 24/7 is NOT possible for me. I found a workaround by doing a chronjob that restarts the hosting process every 23 hours. But that would mean the "Disable Vandalism" Cheat is off again.

In my opinion a major issue that should be fixed by a start parameter or .ini file.

However, when you tried to join "Wolfpark" it was still running because I turned off the 24h restart. I do that manually for my 2 other servers now. Since there is ONE GUY ... ONE FUCKING SAME GUY e-v-e-r-y d-a-y ... that destroys everything (and that to almost the same time every day btw) and yells Heil Hitler and What body parts of others should enter some particular body party of me ... I did not restart Wolfpark at all, sorry.

Edited by HtHNightwolf
1 hour ago, HtHNightwolf said:

Yes, as I mentioned in this other post, every Night I get a new IP from my ISP and the Server List from OpenRCT2 cannot handle that. So basically Hosting 24/7 is NOT possible for me. I found a workaround by doing a chronjob that restarts the hosting process every 23 hours. But that would mean the "Disable Vandalism" Cheat is off again.

In my opinion a major issue that should be fixed by a start parameter or .ini file.

However, when you tried to join "Wolfpark" it was still running because I turned off the 24h restart. I do that manually for my 2 other servers now. Since there is ONE GUY ... ONE FUCKING SAME GUY e-v-e-r-y d-a-y ... that destroys everything (and that to almost the same time every day btw) and yells Heil Hitler and What body parts of others should enter some particular body party of me ... I did not restart Wolfpark at all, sorry.

Have you tried only giving out perms to people when you're on and monitoring all newbies?

On 15.7.2016 at 14:54, X7123M3-256 said:

Could you set up your firewall to drop all requests from his IP? Even if he's using a proxy it would slow him down somewhat because he'd have to keep changing IP addresses before rejoining.

I will try that. Right now I only have a Fritz.Box! I schould fire up my big firewall again.

Today he came twice as fas as I noticed. That's his gain? he can only chat, O.o no one is there to even read or reply.

22 minutes ago, HtHNightwolf said:

I will try that. Right now I only have a Fritz.Box! I schould fire up my big firewall again.

Today he came twice as fas as I noticed. That's his gain? he can only chat, O.o no one is there to even read or reply.

He likes to troll.  Trolls do it just for the feeling of supposed power over people, even if it's not real.

• 2 weeks later...