Broken sound / OpenRCT2 crashes when starting with title music enabled (i.e., by default)

Hi.

I have problems with the sound in OpenRCT2 v0.4.0 under my GNU/Linux system.

At first, I was unable to start OpenRCT2 at all. It immediately segfaulted. When I tried to debug it with gdb, I noticed that there was something going on with audio. If it's of any help, here's a backtrace:

#0  0x01515a42 in Mixer_Channel_SetGroup ()
#1  0x014ff86d in audio_start_title_music ()
#2  0x01487622 in title_update ()
#3  0x014bb515 in rct2_update ()
#4  0x014d450a in openrct2_launch ()
#5  0x01429276 in main ()

If you insist, I can try a later run on a debug build.

Anyways, after I found this I went to the config.ini and tried to tweak with some of the options. Finally I found the solution: Changing title_music to 0 made OpenRCT2 start and I could play it. But there's no sound at all, however and I have no idea to make it work.

But there's still a segfault when starting with title_music unequal to 0, so that's probably not my fault. ;-)

I noticed this line in the config file.

audio_device = ""

Empty string? Maybe that's why it doesn't work? What is audio_device supposed to contain? Also, in the audio options menu in the game, the topmost drop-down menu is empty. When I click on it, I only can select “none”. :-(

Has someone experienced a similar problem? Is this problem already known that OpenRCT2 crashes with title music being set?

Sound is still broken for me and OpenRCT2 still does not recognize new devices, so I am playing a silent game. I am now using the development version but this didn't help.

Does really nobody have a clue on why my sound might be broken?

4 hours ago, Wuzzy said:

Sound is still broken for me and OpenRCT2 still does not recognize new devices, so I am playing a silent game. I am now using the development version but this didn't help.

Does really nobody have a clue on why my sound might be broken?

No idea, but have you posted this on GitHub?  There are many more devs there...

• 8 months later...